Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728 LastLast

spoilers:
    This game is quite similiar regarding some story beats and villain selections to the Spider-Man 3 games, but it especially reminded me a lot of the Spider-Man 3 PSP/PS2 game. They must have taken SOME ques from it. SM3 PSP game also featured the black suit Spider-Man fighting the Mega-Lizard. IIRC, that Lizard was also mutated into his monster form by Kraven even.
    end of spoilers.

spoilers:
    Also, judging by the fact that Otto Octavius is returning in the next game, I imagine they might do a Superior Spider-Man story.
    end of spoilers.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ubauba01 View Post
    spoilers:
    Also, judging by the fact that Otto Octavius is returning in the next game, I imagine they might do a Superior Spider-Man story.
    end of spoilers.
    spoilers:
    People have been speculating this, but another Peter goes dark storyline is just too much for me. It feels like way too much of a rehash of the symbiote stuff. If anything I would want a Miles as the Superior Spider-Man instead. It would be different, could play off the fact that Peter is retired, and would be a moment of Peter helping Miles rather than the other way around. Like Spider-Man 2 definitely focuses more heavily on how the people around Peter help him to be better and that works for that game. But it'd be cool to get some moments in the opposite direction tbh.
    end of spoilers

Also the game is a ton of fun. And the story is great. But these games really do need to be longer. Like 75% of the issues with these games could be solved by fleshing out the main story a bit and adding more side content. (Especially replay-able side content)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Moxxi517 View Post
    spoilers:
    People have been speculating this, but another Peter goes dark storyline is just too much for me. It feels like way too much of a rehash of the symbiote stuff. If anything I would want a Miles as the Superior Spider-Man instead. It would be different, could play off the fact that Peter is retired, and would be a moment of Peter helping Miles rather than the other way around. Like Spider-Man 2 definitely focuses more heavily on how the people around Peter help him to be better and that works for that game. But it'd be cool to get some moments in the opposite direction tbh.
    end of spoilers

Also the game is a ton of fun. And the story is great. But these games really do need to be longer. Like 75% of the issues with these games could be solved by fleshing out the main story a bit and adding more side content. (Especially replay-able side content)
    Couldn't agree more on all counts.

spoilers:
    Forgot to mention that one big reason why I think they are setting Superior up is because of Doc Ock's disease they introduced in the first game
    end of spoilers.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ubauba01 View Post
    spoilers:
    Forgot to mention that one big reason why I think they are setting Superior up is because of Doc Ock's disease they introduced in the first game
    end of spoilers.
    In "Spider-Man: Life Story", Doc used Miles to become "Superior" instead of Miles. Maybe we will get a "redux". Unless, of course, they will also introduce the whole Clone Saga.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

So its been over a month so slightly open spoilers. When it comes time for an expansion story. I'm kind of hoping we get another Miles Morales styled game where it's a full on expansion pack sequel rather than smaller DLC drops like The City that Never Sleeps.

And maybe a story that loosely adapts the Roxxon storylines from the original Miles Ultimate run and All-New Ultimates. Where its revealed that Fisk took over the company and has been running experiments creating new metahumans (The Bombshells, Cloak and Dagger, Starling). If Cindy were to become Silk in this setting, this would be the backdoor way for her to get her powers.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    So its been over a month so slightly open spoilers. When it comes time for an expansion story. I'm kind of hoping we get another Miles Morales styled game where it's a full on expansion pack sequel rather than smaller DLC drops like The City that Never Sleeps.

And maybe a story that loosely adapts the Roxxon storylines from the original Miles Ultimate run and All-New Ultimates. Where its revealed that Fisk took over the company and has been running experiments creating new metahumans (The Bombshells, Cloak and Dagger, Starling). If Cindy were to become Silk in this setting, this would be the backdoor way for her to get her powers.
    Honestly after the last game I feel like the last thing Miles needs is another corporate bad guy. Outside Prowler the villains were the weakest part of his solo game (even here they just have him dealing with Peter villains).

Give us the Bombshells or even the Assessor. Though maybe they'd pull out Spot for synergy.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly after the last game I feel like the last thing Miles needs is another corporate bad guy. Outside Prowler the villains were the weakest part of his solo game (even here they just have him dealing with Peter villains).

Give us the Bombshells or even the Assessor. Though maybe they'd pull out Spot for synergy.
    Assessor would be a good one, yeah. Could draw upon the growing ubiquity of artificial intelligence in real life and the understandable fears of what it could be used for, particularly given how it's been pointed out by a lot of critical commentary on A.I. that its programming would most likely be influenced by the biases of those predominantly in charge of overseeing how it gets developed and mainstreamed in society.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Personally, I'm WAY MORE INTERESTED on Mary Jane's future after her exposure to Scream.

This reality takes many elements from the animated series "Ultimate Spider-Man", so I can't stop thinking MAYBE she could become a Spider-Woman like in Season 5.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Marvel's Spider-Man 2 has been nominated for Game of the Year:

"The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Astonishing Member

Any date for the DLC content?

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    They haven't even officially said they were doing DLC.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    They haven't even officially said they were doing DLC.
    Yeah, we're still waiting on the New Game+ for Spider-Man 2.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

no wins for spiderman 2 in the game awards
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy