Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Marvel put up the FCBD comic tie-in to the Spider-Man 2 game up on their website. Free to read.

https://read.marvel.com/#/book/63125

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Marvel put up the FCBD comic tie-in to the Spider-Man 2 game up on their website. Free to read.

https://read.marvel.com/#/book/63125
    Thanks. I was looking forward to getting it, but my local comic shop that I went to didn't have it.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Now that Jonah owns the Bugle again, do you guys think MJ is going to lose her job? We know from the new comic that they definitely don't see eye-to-eye on...well...anything, really.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Now that Jonah owns the Bugle again, do you guys think MJ is going to lose her job? We know from the new comic that they definitely don't see eye-to-eye on...well...anything, really.
    I'd be willing to bet it, and they go the "She starts her own News Blog that blows up!" route that's been a popular turn for many reporter characters from comics nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomsaurus View Post
    I'd be willing to bet it, and they go the "She starts her own News Blog that blows up!" route that's been a popular turn for many reporter characters from comics nowadays.
    Oh, you mean kind of like the Danikast from Miles Morales: Spider-Man?
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

BANNED

Oh, you mean kind of like the Danikast from Miles Morales: Spider-Man?
    Precisely. Won't lie, I just played that game recently for the first time and I totally forgot about that character/podcast portion of the game until you reminded me of it.

The previous games (yes, I count the Miles game as a full game although some don't) were fantastic both in terms of the open world/gameplay dynamics and the engaging story mode so I'm looking forward to this.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Precisely. Won't lie, I just played that game recently for the first time and I totally forgot about that character/podcast portion of the game until you reminded me of it.
    That was one of my favorite parts of both games. Especially when Jonah's starts up for the first time. I was all like "What?! I get to listen to JJJ call me a menace? SCORE!" Also, Danika's "Okay, byeee" reminds me of my friend's sister, lol.

BANNED

That was one of my favorite parts of both games. Especially when Jonah's starts up for the first time. I was all like "What?! I get to listen to JJJ call me a menace? SCORE!" Also, Danika's "Okay, byeee" reminds me of my sister.
    I did love the JJJ podcasts. Those are all comedy gold. I'd listen to an actual podcast with J.K. Simmons just rambling as JJJ about Spider-man. I'd listen for hours.

That darn, rotten menace, Spider-man.

I did love the JJJ podcasts. Those are all comedy gold. I'd listen to an actual podcast with J.K. Simmons just rambling as JJJ about Spider-man. I'd listen for hours.

That darn, rotten menace, Spider-man.
    Me too. That would be fantastic.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    I blame Insomniac for thinking Ultimate MJ was more "modern".

It's not like the games are the only adaptations to come out in a post-Bendis world. Spectacular and ITSV were influenced by Ultimate too. They were just more perceptive as to what parts of 616 are better.

Heck, even Marc Webb was more perceptive than Insomniac on this one. From what little we know of Shailene Woodley's MJ, she was more like 616 than Ultimate. And those movies are heavily influenced by Ultimate.
    Well, that's partly because Marc Webb's Gwen Stacy was already heavily influenced by ultimate MJ. So it would've made little sense to have two characters inspired by ultimate MJ.

In a sense, I think they were trying to replicate what audiences liked so much about the Stone-Garfield dynamic with the love interest functioning more as a partner to Spider-man. Though instead of MJ being an Oscorp employee like Gwen in those movies, they made her a reporter to better integrate the Bugle and bring some more diversity to the cast. I just think it could have been handled a bit better than it was.

MJ just doesn't entirely feel like MJ to me in the game, and that's the main problem I have. I think if they had managed to keep the basic trappings of the character's personality intact, less people would care about her working for the Bugle in this iteration.
    Last edited by Spider-Tiger; 05-13-2023 at 10:15 AM.

I can't wait for the new slew of JJJ rants. It wouldn't be an Insomniac Spider-Man game without them .

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can't wait for the new slew of JJJ rants. It wouldn't be an Insomniac Spider-Man game without them .
    "And now there's two of them! Double the menace!"
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Indeed, it wouldn't be.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

It would be great if, when Venom shows up, JJJ is all "Now THIS guy gets it! FINALLY a true hero for New York, ladies and gentleman!" then Venom eats someone and Jonah has to backtrack with "I never once endorsed the criminal known as Venom! Not ONCE!"