Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Venomsaurus View Post
    It would be great if, when Venom shows up, JJJ is all "Now THIS guy gets it! FINALLY a true hero for New York, ladies and gentleman!" then Venom eats someone and Jonah has to backtrack with "I never once endorsed the criminal known as Venom! Not ONCE!"
    LOL, the best part about those games was that they made sure even on idle down-time between missions it was still just so fun to just swing around NYC as Spidey.

And imo Insomniac MJ just needs a little more attitude, a little more cattiness, needs to be a lil more feisty, a bit less of a stick in the mud since she came off like that sometimes. And, if they must add them again, more dynamic missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I will get a PS5 by then hopefully they will have a bundle
    Hoping for a special edition like what they did with PS4.

Fantastic Member

PS Showcase just ended with gameplay of SM2 and boy am i hyped. We got the lizard, black suit gameplay reminiscent of Web of Shadows, Miles with the web-wings and a badass looking kraven with a lot of nods to Last Hunt. Gotta say sucks for me being poor right now cause im gonna dread not getting that game on launch :')

hopefully they announced a bundle so I can finally get a ps5 but love what I see so far. Peter with black suit is dope Miles with blue lighting as well
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Alright, Venomized Peter is definitely going to be a boss fight at some point in the game.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

Maybe its just me, but whole sequence seems homage to Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 3 tie-in game where Kraven (and Calypso) hunt down Lizard while symbiote-suit Spidey tries to stop Kraven from killing lizard.

Also, Calypso use some sort of magic portion to turn Lizard into more mutated monster and Spidey has to bring him down.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The voice acting on Peter when he has the black costume on makes me hope the shocker is in the game and he chases him up a clock tower

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Looks good. Assuming all of the people showing up in Kraven's little video survey are in the game it looks like Yuri went wraith as expected. Prowler also appears to be out of Jail. The Lizard of course we saw in the game demo. Queens was featured but since Harlem is in the Northern end of Long Island and the fight with Kraven's goons/Conners takes place down the east river with the player appearing to be able to go further east during the sequence, The Bronx and Brooklyn might also be playable. It would explain the gliding since the Burroughs don't tend to have high sky scrappers like Manhattan does and a quicker traversal system would probably be needed.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The voice acting on Peter when he has the black costume on makes me hope the shocker is in the game and he chases him up a clock tower

Thoughts:

- Man for a second there I was worried that guy at the beginning was their take on Kraven before Kraven actually showed up. And of course he has a veritable army of henchmen so we have enemies to fight.

- I wonder if all the hunting targets will be in the actual game? We've got Black Cat, Prowler, Tombstone, confirmation of in-costume Wraith, Lizard (obvs), and Taskmaster.

- They wasted no time with the Black Suit. Although it feels a little clunkier with it bonding to the Advanced suit even if not by much. I'm guessing the game is going to build up to Peter using it and losing himself to it before he ditches it at the midway point or climax and we get Venom (who will probably be the Final Boss).

- Does Harry get separated from the Symbiote and left sick so Peter gets stuck with it and trying to get it to Connors so they can save Harry?

- So the Peter/Miles split is story driven. In the gameplay here it felt like a 60/40 split between Miles and Peter, so I'm curious to see who you end up playing the most.

- Lizard going straight up Kaiju like in the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon.

- Ganke really leaning into being the guy in the chair, complete with drone.

- Feels like Miles' job in the story is picking up the slack and succeeding from Peter and growing into a more seasoned hero.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    That gave me so many chills as a kid. Spidey was really going berserk under the symbiote's influence.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spectacular Member

Major Shed vibes with the Lizard.

Kind of wondering about the unlockable suit options for this one-Carnage, Agent Venom, Anti-Venom, Life Foundation, Raimi black costume perhaps?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Mighty Member

Because they always make video games into trilogies, this will be the dark part of the story.

It's amazing how influential that 90s cartoon was to the Venom mythos. Though we don't know the origin, it definitely looks like we're going pretty similar here. Black Suit makes him more aggressive, less caring, more angry. Will spill out into his personal life and cause him and MJ to break up with him again before the end, I'd guess. This annoys me more than it should due to current comic problems, lol.

Big deal is it looks like we're getting more of New York than just Manhattan. That's pretty neat. Looking forward to it.

Seems like we're kinda going Yakuza style with regards to the multiple protagonists. That is, I expect we'll be switching back and forth based on Chapter of the story and play as both in set pieces like this one. That's fine I guess, though as an OG fan I never actually need Miles.

That said I suspect Miles is going to be super important to solving the Venom problem here.

Since Venom was teased at the announcement, I would say he's the final Boss. Black Suit Peter through the middle part of the game, back to normal a little before the end after the damage to his life has been done, then last bit will be Spider-Men vs. Venom. That's fine.

Also references Harry being sick and needing to cure him. So GG will be created in this one is my guess, even though he won't actually be the main villain until the next one.

First game was my top game of 2018 so I am super pumped for this one, even though....other titles....mean I'd be surprised if came even close this year. Just a much stronger video game year.

Only slightly concerning thing is the lack of a hard date. Fall means Sept-Nov whish is 4-6 months away. Kinda feels like they should have a date.