Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Nightwing 99 Preview

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/12/15/dc...-nightwing-99/

thats early, well what happened to that congressman that got arrested in the first page, I often wish as a Floridian would happened to Matt Gaetz or other real life corrupt politicians.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

I thought Zucco was dead

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I thought Zucco was dead
    He was in the New 52 Nightwing by Higgins in the Prankster arc.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I can't say I'm all that invested in Taylor writing Zucco, he already feels like a villain of the month.

I guess he's just there to make Dick and Melinda feel closer and try to sell that family bond to make her seem relevant. I'm not sure if Taylor can address Dicks' issues with him as well as other stories have though.

I wonder if those bodyguards are anyone we know. The Double Dare Twins in disguise?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if those bodyguards are anyone we know. The Double Dare Twins in disguise?
    Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown.
    I wouldn't put it past Taylor to have the two of them take these two out and switch with them .

Although I don't know if Cass and Steph are tall enough.

I'm tired of regretting buying Nightwing.

Quote Originally Posted by Felipe Silveira View Post
    I'm tired of regretting buying Nightwing.
    Stop buying it. You clearly hate the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I can't say I'm all that invested in Taylor writing Zucco, he already feels like a villain of the month.

I guess he's just there to make Dick and Melinda feel closer and try to sell that family bond to make her seem relevant. I'm not sure if Taylor can address Dicks' issues with him as well as other stories have though.

spoilers:
    You were right about the bodyguards.
    end of spoilers

I knew Tony would came back for Melina to change her name, cause it makes no sense for her to keep being called Zucco now that the mistery is revelead.
    I liked the issue. I want to know what Dick has in his vault.

Issue #100 will be a big one.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

It's funny, you know - occasionally, Taylor feels like he adjusts his plans a little to.... course correct? Throw some meat to the people who don't normally like his run?

And I do normally like his run - but the return of more classic Nightwing rogues, the expansion of Bludhaven's mythology, Dick showing a bit more anger, no guest-heroes or appearances by Barbara.... It feels like a tick-list of things people say they want from a Nightwing book that Taylor doesn't normally give them.

Liked it. Liked that Meilinda finally is doing some stuff. Really like the sense that things are getting stranger and wierder now that the Blockbuster/Zucco/Dixony stuff is out the way.

spoilers:
    Honestly, I'd like it if Zucco's right and Meilinda is his daughter, that her mother was mistaken or lying but still affected by the kindness of the Graysons - and sge stayed a goodie. Otherwise we're a little too deep in Good Gene/Evil Gene for my taste.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

Decent and fun issue. Kind of a filler but I think it’s clear that Taylor is waiting to move the main story forward until the next main arc, after the Titans. Kind of like Get Grayson was a fun interlude arc between Leaping into the Light and Battle for the Heart of Bludhaven.

I like seeing a more well rounded angry Grayson. I also like Melinda here and think this issue was really about fleshing her out. I hope she sticks around after Taylor. I think it’s interesting to have a Grayson as Mayor. It was also cool to get some more Bludgaven mythology. I really want a “Gates of Gotham” style story for Bludhaven that gives it some mythology, depth and history.

My only nitpicks are this Zucco was a little underwhelming and I don’t like how previous iterations were completely ignored. Not gonna lie, I didn’t like Huggins run but I did think his take on Zucco was a bit more interesting.

I guess Redondo wanted to make their costumes more "tasteful" since that seems to be a thing with him, but it makes them look like discount Hellcat. And what's with that weird poofy hairstyle?

I wish we had gotten more banter with them since that's their main thing outside matching Dick in acrobatics (which we got depicted phenomenally here).

I'm still not really sure what the proper character concept for Melinda or what the point of her character is. Some parts of her just feel very half-baked.

Astonishing Member

The problem with Melinda /Zucco/ Grayson-Lin is that introducing Zucco's daughter as Nightwing's sister kind of clashes with the fact that we recently met Sonia Zucco, Zucco's other daughter, that's his love interest. On top of that, Zucco also had another kid, a son he had with his wife in witness protection in Chicago. Plus every time there's a new publishing refresh, usually prefaced or ended with some crisis event, Zucco comes back as either short fat Long Halloween style, or big jacked gruff guy.

Carmine Falcone always looks like Carmine Falcone, but man, no consistency with the other gangsters. Joe Chill. Zucco. Maroni.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Is 11 years really recently?

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    The problem with Melinda /Zucco/ Grayson-Lin is that introducing Zucco's daughter as Nightwing's sister kind of clashes with the fact that we recently met Sonia Zucco, Zucco's other daughter, that's his love interest. On top of that, Zucco also had another kid, a son he had with his wife in witness protection in Chicago. Plus every time there's a new publishing refresh, usually prefaced or ended with some crisis event, Zucco comes back as either short fat Long Halloween style, or big jacked gruff guy.

Carmine Falcone always looks like Carmine Falcone, but man, no consistency with the other gangsters. Joe Chill. Zucco. Maroni.
    The Zucco's could rival the Falcone Family if writers played it up.

The way Taylor’s run is playing with nostalgia is interesting. Yes they are playing with it, but they are also putting it to bed.