Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultraverse

All-New Member

Default Ultraverse

What ever happened to the Ultraverse? I know Marvel bought them out but have they ever done anything with the characters? Mantra was my favorite!
    Last edited by Billy1977; 12-15-2022 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy1977 View Post
    What ever happened to the Ultraverse? I know Marvel bought them out but have they ever done anything with the characters?
    For a few months after they bought them they crossed them over with and into the regular Marvel universe but since then nope. There's some sort of legal issues involved. (Although I belive they did sneak Spider-Prime into a background shot in the SPider-Verse stuff and did the same with Ultravers's Thor during Doom's Secret Wars.

BANNED

There was a Prime/ Silver Surfer cross over after the Malibu buy out...as well as a few others. But it never really stuck.

All-New Member

The last series I barely remember was Foxfire.

Still love when George Pérez got involved. A testament to his imagination & work ethic (IMHO):

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-15-2022 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

e. There's some sort of legal issues involved. (Although I belive they did sneak Spider-Prime into a background shot in the SPider-Verse stuff and did the same with Ultravers's Thor during Doom's Secret Wars.
    Some of the ultraverse writers confirmed that the legal trouble was a myth and not true. Like the other comic company, they bought and never use its simple. They don't care to use them! Topez in thor 3 was a mix of both marvel and ultraverse versions!

The only rights trouble was nightman who years ago had rights trouble over the tv show but that was decades ago so not sure if it was cleared up.

So, from the writers they could use them anytime but just don't care to.

Still love when George Pérez got involved. A testament to his imagination & work ethic (IMHO):
    Is that groo?
    Last edited by Gaastra; 12-16-2022 at 09:23 AM.

I went to look it up and apparently marvel was going to bring back the Ultraverse in the early 2000s. However for whatever reason, it didn't go through.

Quesada said this on the matter:
    "Let's just say that I wanted to bring these characters back in a very big way, but the way that the deal was initially structured, it's next to impossible to go back and publish these books.

There are rumors out there that it has to do with a certain percentage of sales that has to be doled out to the creative teams. While this is a logistical nightmare because of the way the initial deal was structured, it's not the reason why we have chosen not to go near these characters, there is a bigger one, but I really don't feel like it's my place to make that dirty laundry public."

What about the Ultraforce animated series? Does it have the same problems, or is someone streaming it?

Put them in the 712
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Extraordinary Member

Imagine if the Illuminati had to face the Ultraverse during the incursions of Time Runs Out.
    I’d feel more connected to them than the Great Society.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I went to look it up and apparently marvel was going to bring back the Ultraverse in the early 2000s. However for whatever reason, it didn't go through.

Quesada said this on the matter:
    "Let's just say that I wanted to bring these characters back in a very big way, but the way that the deal was initially structured, it's next to impossible to go back and publish these books.

There are rumors out there that it has to do with a certain percentage of sales that has to be doled out to the creative teams. While this is a logistical nightmare because of the way the initial deal was structured, it's not the reason why we have chosen not to go near these characters, there is a bigger one, but I really don't feel like it's my place to make that dirty laundry public."
    "It's totally not that, but we won't say what it is, while we let IP just rot."

Oookay, I believes ya...

I’m surprised none of the creators have chimed in over the past twenty five years as to what the deal is. Surely something can be worked out. I would love to see the characters slowly integrated into the MU…

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I’m surprised none of the creators have chimed in over the past twenty five years as to what the deal is. Surely something can be worked out. I would love to see the characters slowly integrated into the MU…
    Quote Originally Posted by The CoolThatguy
    "It's totally not that, but we won't say what it is, while we let IP just rot."

Oookay, I believes ya...
    Marvel likes movies and streaming much more than comics, so the devil is probably somewhere in those details.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Yeah I'm surprised the truth has never come out in this day and age. I also chalk it up to a generally low interest in the Ultraverse... I believe if people kept pestering creators and editors on social media someone would squeal eventually. But yeah, probably something to do with money, media exploitation and creator rights.

Ultimate Member

How many of those guys are still around, anyways?