Mighty Member

Default Warhammer 40,000

Henry Cavill’s Next Play: ‘Warhammer 40,000’ Series for Amazon

Henry Cavill may not be donning a red cape, but he does have a cool new gig.

The actor, who Wednesday officially hung up his Man of Steel cape after Warner Bros. announced it is going in a new Superman direction thanks to DC Studio heads James Gunn and Peter Safran, is attached to star and executive produce a series adaptation of Warhammer 40,000, the popular science-fiction fantasy miniature wargame that is set up at Amazon.

I am unfamiliar with it, but great for a gamer like Cavill.
    Also, is he free to go back to Witcher.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Possibly, but he's been at odds with the producers over deviating from the books so much.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    They’ve moved on…

Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

I'm looking forward to this as I've recently just gotten into the 40K lore. And I love the dark gritty space opera, Kafka-esque tone of the imperium of man, and the bleak out look of the whole dark universe. It's like Event Horizon meets Foundation on a impossibly GRAND scale. Basically like sci-fi/horror fantasy/space opera/space horror all rolled into one.
    Last edited by Emperor-of-Dragons; 12-16-2022 at 08:34 AM.
    Rest in Peace mom, we love you and still miss you.
    8-29-53/11-30-21

Ive been a fan of 40K for a long time. I am really hyped about this. I know they are going to of course focus on Chaos Space marines. But it would make me soooooooo happy to see some Ork Speed Freaks in the movie.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

I've just recently got into Warhammer 40K as well. Started around late 00's I believe. And yes the Imperium of Man is definitely like a Kafka-esque bureaucratic/theocratic nightmare that's like a 100 times bigger than the galactic empire, surrounded by cosmic horrors from deep space. It's a grim dark space opera turned up to 11. I'm a HUGE nut for dark space operas hence my love for Andor, Battlestar Galactica, Aliens, and Starship Troopers. Even **** like Outlaw Star. I even named my band after the latter lol.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

i hope cavill can wrangle a big budget for it if it is live action

lot of planets/species/etc that they cant skimp on the CGI for!

Good for Cavill.

It sounds like Cavill is an avid gamer and this will be a bit of a passion project for him. That’s good.

The knives must have been out for Cavill a bit at Witcher as well as DC to an extent.

Some podcast is claiming he wasn’t the most professional on the Witcher, although it is unnamed and a rumor, the kind of ugly gossip one sees when someone is being thrown under the bus. I won’t link to it, but the podcast is Deux U and outlets reporting this include Your Tango, an entertainment news and apparently gossip site.

I’m glad for the guy that he’s moving onto something which is up his alley.

Im hoping this is either the long gestating eisenhorn adaptation or a ciaphas cain adaptation

Astonishing Member

By the way...what happened to the Wahrhammer comics from Marvel? They bought the rights to publish, two minis came out, which at least I, liked. And then stopped.

Did they loose the rights or wasn't it successful enough?

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I ve moved on from Warhammer in my 30s as its Not original and so grim its funny but i am looking forward to more Cavill in an upcoming movie by Matthew Vaughn.