Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default DC Comics March 2023 Solicitations

Incredible Member

Quick observations on the first read through:
    1) The Waller Vs Wildstorm delay explained? Merino listed as the artist on issue 1, not Battle like previously.
    2) Dark Knights of Steel: "The endgame for season one begins". A sequel already greenlighted?
    3) There is no way JSA #5 comes out in March as solicited. #2 went from late Dec to mid Jan. #3 has slipped from late Jan to late Feb, sharing a release date with #4. You know that will slip to March. Not sure why they wouldn't wait and just solicit #5 for April.
    Last edited by sbp1972; 12-16-2022 at 11:36 AM.

The Superman books both sound great. I’m loving the design for Marilyn Moonlight.

Hmm, seems like another snooze for solicits. Not the strongest opening for this New Dawn.

Not really feeling this Shazam/WW crossover. Wilson's run was lot of hot air only for her to not even finish her own story to go write Harley's girlfriend, coming back to write a book pushing Yara and Billy with "Wonder Woman" in the title doesn't do much to enthuse me.

Genuinely surprised to see Dark Knights of Steel. If the story was good, I would've been willing to put up with the delays since Putri's art would be worth it. Alas the quality dropped long ago and never recovered.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Hmm, seems like another snooze for solicits. Not the strongest opening for this New Dawn.

Not really feeling this Shazam/WW crossover. Wilson's run was lot of hot air only for her to not even finish her own story to go write Harley's girlfriend, coming back to write a book pushing Yara and Billy with "Wonder Woman" in the title doesn't do much to enthuse me.
    Wilson left to write one of the Sandman spinoffs not Poison Ivy.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Genuinely surprised to see Dark Knights of Steel. If the story was good, I would've been willing to put up with the delays since Putri's art would be worth it. Alas the quality dropped long ago and never recovered.
    Will they even keep Putri in this Season 2 they're planning? Because this series will end, at the earliest in May 2023 (having started in November 2021), more realistically in July. Taht's more than a year and half. Will she really come back for another round?

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    Will they even keep Putri in this Season 2 they're planning? Because this series will end, at the earliest in May 2023 (having started in November 2021), more realistically in July. Taht's more than a year and half. Will she really come back for another round?
    I think it wouldn't make much sense to do another "season" without her. Prepare a few fill-in artists but she has to draw at least half of it.

Honestly a pretty decent month for me series wise.

Got Adventures of Superman and Doom Patrol starting up, and the Shazam Wonder Woman crossover is starting as well. Plus a pretty strong core of books with Nightwing, Flash, and my other regular pick ups.

In total I’ll be reading:
    Nightwing
    Flash
    Adventures of Superman
    Doom Patrol
    Lazarus Planet: Revenge of the Gods
    Black Adam
    Blue Beetle Graduation Day
    JSA
    Stargirl: the lost children
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

This month's tally: 27 comics with a bat-related character, 21 without.

Getting:
    Adventures of Superman: Jon Kent #1
    Superman #2 (if the first issue is good)
    Batman #133
    The Flash #794
    The Flash #795
    Batgirls #16
    Black Adam #9
    Justice Society of America #5
    Nightwing #102
    Stargirl: The Lost Children #5
    Tim Drake: Robin #7
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Why is it suddenly so difficult for DC to color Starfire's eyes green? This has been an on-and-off issue for over a year.

Kate Spencer returns!

Spectacular Member

Does the Batman #357 facsimile edition REALLY have a blank sketch variant and a foil variant cover? Personally I hope that's just a mistake. There's only one price listed, $3.99. Also, the issue picked to reprint seems weak.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Honestly a pretty decent month for me series wise.

Got Adventures of Superman and Doom Patrol starting up, and the Shazam Wonder Woman crossover is starting as well. Plus a pretty strong core of books with Nightwing, Flash, and my other regular pick ups.

In total I’ll be reading:
    Nightwing
    Flash
    Adventures of Superman
    Doom Patrol
    Lazarus Planet: Revenge of the Gods
    Black Adam
    Blue Beetle Graduation Day
    JSA
    Stargirl: the lost children
    WildC.A.T.S. is already walking the plank?

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    WildC.A.T.S. is already walking the plank?
    Oh no I just forgot to write it down. I was writing in the moment and left it off by mistake.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.