View Poll Results: 3rd book club options

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Original run on adjectiveless with Scott Lobdell (Shang-Chi arc to OZT)

5 18.52%
  • Adjectiveless run with Joe Kelly

5 18.52%
  • Uncanny X-Men run with Kieron Gillen

11 40.74%
  • Excalibur with Warren Ellis

3 11.11%
  • Starjammers with Ellis

0 0%
  • Bishop Mini series

3 11.11%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

So I read issue 1 today and I first off want to say Pacheco did a great job on the art. It’s not his best work but it was still very good. The first thing I noticed is how similar it is to what just happened in the Xbooks (Judgement Day) and what is coming up (Sins of Sinister). We literally have X-Men fighting a celestial that is part Sinister, I actually kind of chuckled because it really put a point on the circular nature of cape comics. I had forgotten this was set during schism so that was a big difference but really it did mirror the current stuff going on. I plan on reading the next issue tonight or tomorrow.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Extraordinary Member

I kind of wish we'd started at the beginning of his Uncanny run before Schism instead of with the first issue of his series, since I think Gillen's X-Men work peaked with the Juggernaut story in Fear Itself. That was the first story where I started to like Cyclops as a character since I first read the original X-Factor. And the dozens of plans for how to stop the Juggernaut are even more impressive now when even someone like Jonathan Hickman couldn't come up with more creative ways for the X-Men to continuously fail to stop Orchis than to just send Wolverine and Quentin Quire to die over and over and over again.

For a first issue his Uncanny #1 is pretty good, not as good as what he'd done previously during Fear Itself, but still good. It effectively sets up the status quo and this team's mission statement, and gives them a significant threat to face. I don't have too much else to say about it.

Read the first issue and it was fine. Art was good and I think I’d be more invested in the plot if we weren’t currently in a Sinister craze. It is interesting to see how much his characterization has evolved even from this run. I do like the concept of this team, though it kinda sucks that Ororo is in the wet blanket role of not really wanting to be there, but needing to be as an “accountability” measure.

Suuuper late, but I've been busy with work and Salty. But I just got a couple of issues and I'm hoping to read during my day off tomorrow. Here's hoping for fire.
    2024: The Year of Hellion