Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    He did - he showed a lot of class. It's not parasocial to want people who show said class to be treated well. Or just everyone, in general - for basic empathy, if nothing else.
    He doesn't mean that. He means how the 'net views Henry in general as this deity beyond just the announcement. The internet being obsessed with Caville and insisting he's a great fit for the role, yet none of them ever came out in droves to support him in any of the movies as the character which led to all these problems. Tyler's carried this brand on his backside the last several years and doesn't even get a thankyou compared to this stiff charismaless clown.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    He doesn't mean that. He means how the 'net views Henry in general as this deity beyond just the announcement. The internet being obsessed with Caville and insisting he's a great fit for the role, yet none of them ever came out in droves to support him in any of the movies as the character which led to all these problems. Tyler's carried this brand on his backside the last several years and doesn't even get a thankyou compared to this stiff charismaless clown.
    I dunno, millions of people bought tickets to see Man of Steel and BvS. The yammering you're reading on the internet is probably coming from a tiny fraction of the number of people who paid to watch. Tyler would've gotten more recognition if there was actual media buzz around his show.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Oh, the press thing. That's just media making hay from something they think will get clicks (Snyderverse fans). Henry *is* a good fit for the role, imo, and I hated the Snyderverse. I mean hated - full week with a stomach ache after watching MoS type hated. But I still saw the potential in Henry. And part of it is that I'm tired of Superman actors (Superman in general, actually) getting screwed when I know they can do better than the material they're given.

I agree on Tyler, he definitely needs a lot more attention than he gets. He's amazing as Superman. Sadly, TV never gets the respect that movies do, even though (especially these days) it should be a lot more equal. I have a feeling that Tyler will get some attention when CW pulls the plug (and I think they will, given their mindset now), for Zaslav to move them to HBO Max and save the show - and if that doesn't happen, they'll give him some of the same treatment... but you're right, he won't get quite the same. And it's just because movies are still seen as bigger. Which sucks, frankly.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

He hasn't apologized to the cast and crew of Batgirl, a project that was finished and scrapped by WBD. Why in the world would he apologize to an actor that only Dwayne Johnson pushed to return to the role of Superman?

In hindsight it seems folks outside of Zaslav's circle zoomed Cavill on his chances of returning as Superman. He was duped so it seems - Gunn put the blame on Johnson among others. Cavill should have known better. Cavill has a controversial past as an actor. Depending on whom you believe. He was fired or left his latest gig because he was toxic in the workplace or because the producers drifted from his "vision". Too much smoke around Cavill in the industry. That may be why Gunn seems to be bringing Gadot. Mamoa, Levi and Miller back but not Cavill. Affleck having chosen not to return in favor of focusing his career on directing.