Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Sony Spider-man Spin-off Hypno-hustler With Danny Glover in the works!

Jackpot, slingers, black cat (if it's not dead), madame web, kraven, the wrestler hero, spider-woman, venom 3, spider-verse 3 and now---

Hypno-hustler! Danny glover no less!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...er-1235283667/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Jackpot, slingers, black cat (if it's not dead), madame web, kraven, the wrestler hero, spider-woman, venom 3, spider-verse 3 and now---

You mean “Donald” Glover. not Danny Glover.

Very cool! For once, I’m reading of a Sony’s Spider-Verse plan for a movie and I’m thinking, that sounds fun!

I enjoyed the Into the Spider-Verse cartoon, but I’ve found a lot of the non-MCU Sony Spider-Verse movies to be a bit of a bore. This sounds fun, though, like the cartoon was fun. I look forward to this.

I'd prefer a Prowler movie with Aaron Davis as the protagonist.

This is just silly.lol.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-17-2022 at 08:30 AM.

The question is not how they are going to do this. But why they are doing this.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    The question is not how they are going to do this. But why they are doing this.
    They are trying to see what works using what they have. They have a bunch of Spider-Man supporting characters and antagonists so that's they are using. There are better options like but I'm curious what Glover has in store.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-17-2022 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    They are trying to see what works using what they have. They have a bunch of Spider-Man supporting characters and antagonists so that's they are using. There are better options like but I'm curious what Glover has in store.
    Im not going to lie I will watch it. but there are so many other good obscure villains and Anti Heroes they could have done. Cardiac and Solo come to mind.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Im not going to lie I will watch it. but there are so many other good obscure villains and Anti Heroes they could have done. Cardiac and Solo come to mind.
    I would've preferred the Slingers myself. Plus Glover was Miles's Uncle Aaron so I would've done a film on him instead. Solo sounds cool but Cardiac would be fitting given Covid acerbated health care issues.

Hypno hustler sounds like a comedic pitch so that could be their angle.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-17-2022 at 08:09 AM.

...Why Sony why?

I'm genuinely surprised Glover went along with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    You mean “Donald” Glover. not Danny Glover.
    Damn. I got excited too. Just wanted to see Danny in that get up say at least ONCE "I'm too old for this s**t!"

Ultimate Member

Is Slingers actually supposed to be a thing, or just something you're throwing out there?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Is Slingers actually supposed to be a thing, or just something you're throwing out there?
    Dust was announced as a film. She's one of the Slingers so you assume it's on the docket.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-17-2022 at 01:12 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Dust was announced as a film. She's one of the Slingers so you assume it's on the docket.
    You mean Dusk?

Cool, glad to hear.

I can't think of a franchise that has more movie possibilities than Spider-Man, but they sure keep landing on odd choices. But eh, Terminator was based on a nightmare the director had and Pirates of the Caribbean was based on a ride.

Extraordinary Member

"This is America" was pretty effin big. Maybe Glover can tie in an album drop. Should be interesting.

Astonishing Member

Studios should look to Sony for inspiration. Why reboot a whole franchise? Just do solo movies about characters. No need for ensemble casts. For instance the possibilities are endless for LOTR. Frodo, Sam, Gandalf, Aragon, Legolas, and Gimli can all support their own movie. Let's see more studios take chances like Sony!