Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    They’re only missing ‘Crisis of Confidence’, ‘Midlife Crisis’ and ‘Cost of Living Crisis’.
    Technically isn't every Crisis event so far a Crisis of Confidence (no confidence that good books will sale without some wide line event crossover fucking everything up) and a Cost of Living Crisis (Crisis events pay the bills yo!)?
    Midlife Crisis is tricky in that we don't know what the lifetime of a major comic book publisher like DC is so we can't really place if they've reached midlife yet or not.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Yeah, that’s right.

But the main takeaway from this was Jean Loring leaving tiny footprints on Sue Dibny’s brain.

Tiny footprints.

That was actually a thing that happened.
    Why do you continue to remind me?

Next up, the Leagues tosses aside the idea of actually using their powers and dogpiles both Dr. Light and Deathstroke in identical fashions at different points in the series.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Why do you continue to remind me?

Next up, the Leagues tosses aside the idea of actually using their powers and dogpiles both Dr. Light and Deathstroke in identical fashions at different points in the series.
    "The League teaches you to fight,"

Perhaps one of the most clanging bad clashes of text versus action on panel in comics.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

Perhaps one of the most clanging bad clashes of text versus action on panel in comics.
    Ah yes, the splash page where veteran members of the Justice League utilise the "Unwanted harem fighting over their crush" fighting style against Deathstroke.

That one, yes. I had forgotten the exact text, but knew it was something ridiculously like that.

Looked hilariously bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Ah yes, the splash page where veteran members of the Justice League utilise the "Unwanted harem fighting over their crush" fighting style against Deathstroke.
    They do literally the exact same thing with Dr. Light. It's tried to be passed off as a moment of parallelism in the story, but it really looks ridiculous both times (and is also the artist being lazy-ass, I mean LOOK at the two panels, shown right here in the comic, side-by-side).

img_0932.jpg

I mean...look, it's Zatanna, grabbing the guy they're dogpiling by an article of clothing and tugging on it. Really?
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

They do literally the exact same thing with Dr. Light. It's tried to be passed off as a moment of parallelism in the story, but it really looks ridiculous both times (and is also the artist being lazy-ass, I mean LOOK at the two panels, shown right here in the comic, side-by-side).

img_0932.jpg
    Hawkman: Deathstroke-kun! You promised to spar with me!

Green Arrow: No! Senpai said that he would come help me sharpen my arrows!
    I mean...look, it's Zatanna, grabbing the guy they're dogpiling by an article of clothing and tugging on it. Really?
    The extra weird bit is that she's doing it in both instances. So she apparently thought that the fist time was a successful move and wished to replicate the results.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Really a low point of superhero comics there. I'm sure well intentioned but so silly.

That’s a thing.

It’s when Sue Dibny died because Jean Loring went tap-dancing on her brain, and everyone discovered that Batman had mind-fucked most of the JLA to make them forget what they did to rapey Dr Light. Or something. I forget.

Edit: the cover…

Attachment 127335
    Well. They peaked already.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

That one, yes. I had forgotten the exact text, but knew it was something ridiculously like that.

Looked hilariously bad.

img_0932.jpg

Didn't this also happen with the Flash?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Hawkman: Deathstroke-kun! You promised to spar with me!

Green Arrow: No! Senpai said that he would come help me sharpen my arrows!
    The best take.

The extra weird bit is that she's doing it in both instances. So she apparently thought that the fist time was a successful move and wished to replicate the results.
    In the exact same post. From the same angle.

Really a low point of superhero comics there. I'm sure well intentioned but so silly.
    Exceedingly low point. Not sure DC has ever really recovered.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Didn't this also happen with the Flash?
    Are we talking about Flash being there and grabbing the guy's leg rather than doing the gazillion things he could have been doing?

Or is this some other appallingly hilarious example? ^_^
    Why are we here?

Might be conflating events. I thought the Rogues killed one of the Flashes by beating him to death. Pretty sure they just shot him, which, frankly, is just as egregious considering.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Might be conflating events. I thought the Rogues killed one of the Flashes by beating him to death. Pretty sure they just shot him, which, frankly, is just as egregious considering.
    Could be? I'm so up on DC.
    Why are we here?

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

The Rogues did kill Bart Allen kind of like that, but his speed was shut off at the time. It was later reconned that the Rogues didn't actually mean to kill him. They'd launched attacks which Flash's friction proof aura would normally mostly shrugged off, but would kill a normal person.