Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Beyonder (pre-retcon) vs The Great Darkness (dark crisis)

The most powerful antagonist Marvel ever created vs the latest and greatest existential threat in DC.

Who wins?

I love how ‘Final’ Crisis was several crises ago.

They might as well have just called it ‘A Crisis’.
    Chief Curmudgeon

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Feats for the Great Darkness?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Feats for the Great Darkness?
    It gets real dark outside.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    It gets real dark outside.
    ...gonna need more than that to deal with Demented Donnie.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

From incredibly superficial research, it's the whole "Shadow/Dark Reflection of God" thing that has been knocking around in DC since the old Swamp Thing days.

Supposedly it is equal but opposite to the Presence.

And boy, DC is supremely addicted to crises.

Like, guys, just focus on like a planetary thing or even a system wide thing. Not everything needs to have the uni/multi/omniverse on the line.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 12-20-2022 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    From incredibly superficial research, it's the whole "Shadow/Dark Reflection of God" thing that has been knocking around in DC since the old Swamp Thing days.

Supposedly it is equal but opposite to the Presence.
    I'm guessing we don't have any feats, yet. And somehow it will lose to beings on the level of Superman. Likely due to some macguffin.

I realize the Presence is often considered more powerful than PR-Beyonder, but really, going to need feats in this case because this is not the Presence.

Like, guys, just focus on like a planetary thing or even a system wide thing. Not everything needs to have the uni/multi/omniverse on the line.
    It's a tad annoying, yes.
    Why are we here?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

If they don't do a omni-multi-universal thing then they can't reboot everything. And if they can't reboot everything then they can't fix all the things that they screwed up in the previous poorly planned crisis event.

I realize the Presence is often considered more powerful than PR-Beyonder, but really, going to need feats in this case because this is not the Presence.
    Really? Because I always thought we put the Presence on the level of TOAA, the supreme being from the Marvel Multiverse, but that Soul-Glo Jumpsuit Donny Osmond was above TOAA, being the sum-total of a multiverse bigger than the Marvel Multiverse.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Really? Because I always thought we put the Presence on the level of TOAA, the supreme being from the Marvel Multiverse, but that Soul-Glo Jumpsuit Donny Osmond was above TOAA, being the sum-total of a multiverse bigger than the Marvel Multiverse.
    There might have been some indications somewhere that TOAA was stronger? Honestly, I can't remember.

I could be wrong, and you correct. ^_^ I've never actually paid a whole lot to supposed omnipotent types, though the Beyonder at least has some feats.

Anyway, I'd still need feats for The Great Darkness, here. ^_^
    Why are we here?

I'm waiting for DC: Identity Crisis
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I'm waiting for DC: Identity Crisis
    That’s a thing.

It’s when Sue Dibny died because Jean Loring went tap-dancing on her brain, and everyone discovered that Batman had mind-fucked most of the JLA to make them forget what they did to rapey Dr Light. Or something. I forget.

Edit: the cover…

532C0F79-5294-4BCF-A917-EE6E4A6E54F5.jpg
    Last edited by Beadle; 12-20-2022 at 11:45 AM.
    Chief Curmudgeon

They’re only missing ‘Crisis of Confidence’, ‘Midlife Crisis’ and ‘Cost of Living Crisis’.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    That’s a thing.

It’s when Sue Dibny died because Jean Loring went tap-dancing on her brain, and everyone discovered that Batman had mind-fucked most of the JLA to make them forget what they did to rapey Dr Light. Or something. I forget.

Edit: the cover…

532C0F79-5294-4BCF-A917-EE6E4A6E54F5.jpg
    Oh, maaaaan...thanks for the reminder. <-- Not actually a thank you. ^_^

Was Zatana, I think, who made everyone forget, and Batman got all mad about it because he was one of the people she made forget? Somethingsomething like that?
    Why are we here?

Oh, maaaaan...thanks for the reminder. <-- Not actually a thank you. ^_^

Was Zatana, I think, who made everyone forget, and Batman got all mad about it because he was one of the people she made forget? Somethingsomething like that?
    Yeah, that’s right.

But the main takeaway from this was Jean Loring leaving tiny footprints on Sue Dibny’s brain.

Tiny footprints.

That was actually a thing that happened.
    Chief Curmudgeon