Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Always Rakzo

Default Stargirl: The Lost Children #2 Discussion/Spoilers

Oh God, this pleases me immensely.

Geoff Johns offers a new installment where he continues to explore the mystery of the missing Golden Age sidekicks and by doing so, he also starts exploring the origins of Green Arrow. Yes, we see laughable stuff like the Arrow Cave and the Boxing Glove Arrow but more important than that, Johns showcases some of the most famous villains in Green Arrow's Rogues Gallery including the obvious Merlyn and even the most obscure Bull's-Eye and this is one of the things that makes me believe that Johns would be perfect for a Green Arrow book, he can bring back old concepts that people don't even bother with.

The characterization is pretty good since the dynamic between Courtney and Emiko continues to shine, the latter is especially well-portrayed since in just a few scenes, Johns was able to make Emiko more sympathetic because of her origin than the entirety of Ben Percy's run (which is not saying much mind you since Emiko was extremely obnoxious there). The plot itself continues to progress appropriately and leads us to the next logical step.

Todd Nauck remains on art duties and his work is still amazing, he was probably the perfect pick for this book due that he's able to make the characters very expressive while maintaining an energetic look for a lot of the segments.

Good chapter, things are getting better and better.

Spectacular Member

I agree for Emiko. It's a good add to use this origins for motivation to search the forgotten children.

Also, it's a good thing the plot don't lose time to advance (Not like some bald writer who would took more time before the plot move up u_u)

Liked this issue too. The mystery becomes interesting and I'm intrigued about Airwave.

And yes, this is the first time that I liked Emiko, in the majority of the runs she appeared, she was pretty obnoxious and annoying.

Yeah I like Emiko and Courtney’s dynamic, especially with how much Courtney is worrying for Emiko.

The story is moving at a good place and I like how the art plays against the more serious subject matters such as a bunch of kidnapped children. Personally I can’t wait for Courtney to meet some seriously missing kids like Judy, just because she knows Jay and what that would mean to him.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Oh God, this pleases me immensely.

Geoff Johns offers a new installment where he continues to explore the mystery of the missing Golden Age sidekicks and by doing so, he also starts exploring the origins of Green Arrow. Yes, we see laughable stuff like the Arrow Cave and the Boxing Glove Arrow but more important than that, Johns showcases some of the most famous villains in Green Arrow's Rogues Gallery including the obvious Merlyn and even the most obscure Bull's-Eye and this is one of the things that makes me believe that Johns would be perfect for a Green Arrow book, he can bring back old concepts that people don't even bother with.

The characterization is pretty good since the dynamic between Courtney and Emiko continues to shine, the latter is especially well-portrayed since in just a few scenes, Johns was able to make Emiko more sympathetic because of her origin than the entirety of Ben Percy's run (which is not saying much mind you since Emiko was extremely obnoxious there). The plot itself continues to progress appropriately and leads us to the next logical step.

Todd Nauck remains on art duties and his work is still amazing, he was probably the perfect pick for this book due that he's able to make the characters very expressive while maintaining an energetic look for a lot of the segments.

Good chapter, things are getting better and better.
    This solves the long-standing plot from the Superboy series on what happened to the Newsboy Legion clones after the fall of Project Cadmus.
    Also on what happens to the first Minute Man Jimmy Hourman sidekick, before Thorndyke.
    Last edited by Will Evans; 12-20-2022 at 08:50 AM.

Astonishing Member

Egg Fu is clearly involved in the plot.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

The mystery builds and has me even more intrigued as to who's behind the missing sidekicks. I love Courtney and Emiko's friendship. They really get each other. I hope they get an ongoing book(with some of the other sidekicks) after this mini-series is over. Todd's design for Air Wave is my favorite ever. So happy to see him back in his classic green & yellow costume.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Myskin View Post
    Egg Fu is clearly involved in the plot.
    He was the first character I thought about when I saw the egg shaped robot.

Has Boxing Glove Arrow not appeared in the last few years? I'm sure he's used it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Has Boxing Glove Arrow not appeared in the last few years? I'm sure he's used it again.
    I remember it in Injustice Year Zero
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Green Arrow 80th Anniversary Special?

Such a great fun read. I wonder if Miraclo has something to do with their lack of aging?
    It would be funny because in my head-canon that’s how I’d explain the slower aging of the original Hour man.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    He was the first character I thought about when I saw the egg shaped robot.
    I thought of Nanny from the X-books

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Such a great fun read. I wonder if Miraclo has something to do with their lack of aging?
    It would be funny because in my head-canon that’s how I’d explain the slower aging of the original Hour man.
    It can’t be, as soon as Dan Dyna-Mite landed on the island his age reverted from old man to being a kid again. I’m thinking magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I thought of Nanny from the X-books
    Honestly same here.
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

Odds this entire 6-issue series is completed before JSA #2 is released? I'm thinking it's 50/50 at this point.