Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Out of all the X-men, Wolverine makes the least amount of sense living on Krakoa. The guy needs to be able to jump on his big Harley and ride it down to a dive bar where he can drink cheap beer, listen to bad country, and get into a fist fights with rednecks. He needs to be abl;e to run through the woods, spot deer in the wild, and howl with the wolves, and fight bears. (Does Krakoa even have wildlife?)

Krakoa feels like everything he doesn't want to do.
    To be fair, this has been Logan’s main tension in his solo series and X-Force - he’s constantly saying Krakoa has led to people being too comfortable, and that he doesn’t trust it. Admittedly, this has been happening less and less, but it was a hook for those books for at least the first year or so! And as Kingdom X said, he’s been in bars since Krakoa, and he even had his own private portal to that bar in Canada where the Vampires invaded haha

I don’t know, I think Krakoa fits one side of Wolverine (I.e. the hunter/beastly side), and he can have his cake and eat it too with the portals accessing everywhere. It’s been nice seeing him go back to Madripoor on occasion

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I agree that Logan needs some sort of personal reboot or new direction, status quo shift, etc. But I just cannot figure out what it should be. He just seems kind of static right now. At least IMO.

Some Wolverine fans don't want change and prefer him in perpetual status quo mode. I get that, but it's not for me honestly. Some of my favorite periods are when he's going through the $#!t... back under Claremont when his healing factor was failing him and he was having hallucinations... during the Hama/Kubert years when he lost his adamantium (the bone claws years)... when he was running the school as a "fish out of water"... things like that.
    For me, it would be what I said previously; make him a mystery again. All we should know for sure is the Weapon X/Team X stuff. Everything else should be open to interpretation via tidbits/bits of dialogue/unreliable narrators etc. I just think we shouldn’t know all about him, as A) it makes it hard for a lot of people to forgive the genuinely rotten things he did prior to being in the X-Men, and B) most of what Daniel Way did with his origin was just BORING and negatively impacted the history of the character (no shade to Way, it’s a hard task)

I appreciate what Jason Aaron tried to do, which was to have Logan try to repent by putting himself through the wringer (especially in the fantastic story “A Mile In My Moccasins”), and the culminating in being head of the Jean Grey school in Wolverine & The X-Men (such an unfairly overlooked series). I do like what Percy’s doing with the character, but I’d be interested to see where he goes with another writer. It’s a pity Hickman didn’t get to do more with him, as I think I’ve enjoyed him most in the Krakoan era when he’s being written by him.

It’s also a shame we had literal years of him being dead for reasons amounting to studio politics, meaning 616 Logan was dead for half of the 2010s

I like your idea of him being a mutant Nick Fury - I think that fits the character well, while giving him a chance to be a leader like in Uncanny X-Force

Astonishing Member

Tbh I always liked the idea that the downside of Logan's healing abilities is with the extreme injuries he habitually undergoes....he's constantly regrowing his brain tissue....and THIS is what is responsible for the frequent mystery of his past - his brain always heals but he loses memories in the process. But meanwhile, the resurrection protocols CAN back up his brain, but only if he dies fully to regain them each time. So by leaning into this you could have Logan losing key memories or knowledge of himself after various missions that bring him to the brink of death and force him to regrow large parts of his brain....and torn between knowing that his past isn't a total blank, those memories are OUT there, but to regain them he has to trust himself to the resurrection process....and its when he has most of his memories gone that he's least likely to trust the process and those suggesting it, especially given the fact that you kinda do have to trust that the resurrection process is in good hands, and it isn't always. All of which can result in him self-isolating and having rounds of (justifiable) paranoia, cycling back through periods of amnesia or regular fugue states to periods where he does have his full memories back and tries to reach out to various friends and family and rebuild relationships all over again.