Default Kingpin vs Daredevil

Disney+ versions of both.

Astonishing Member

Buy a Glock, stick it in Kingpin's ear. Get over the fun with punching and whacking with sticks. Why - after watching the ridiculous Dick fights on the Titans TV show, I'm for John Wick's level of realism (LOL).

As for the fight, DD should be able to concuss Kingpin's noggin.

In my mild foray into H2H with impact weapons, the instructor said KISS, the one who whacks the opponent first and repeatedly in the head, wins.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I'm confused. Do people not count the Netflix series as canon to the Disney+ shows? Despite being intended to be part of the MCU and using the same actors? Did I miss something rendering them non-canon?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I'm confused. Do people not count the Netflix series as canon to the Disney+ shows? Despite being intended to be part of the MCU and using the same actors? Did I miss something rendering them non-canon?
    They’re officially no longer canon. Daredevil is going to restart with Cox in the lead role, but none of the Netflix continuity exists.
    Chief Curmudgeon

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Complete reboot? Disneyfied? Ugh.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

That just seems unnecessary.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

They are unflinchingly calling the show Daredevil: Born Again.

Fieg

Feige has no F's to give.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

I am straining to see how they can do Born Again to Disney MCU standards when it is at varying points one of the deeply darkest stories in Daredevil's entire span of things and yet those elements are kind of load bearing to convey the sheer bleak despair Matt is driven into before he rises from it.

(If they're not just using the name and full out going for that arc I mean)

I doubt they really are using it. The Born Again name is just like the Homecoming name: a way to proclaim that a Marvel property is now going to be truly controlled by Marvel. That this is also the name of a major Daredevil story is little more than an easter egg.

That's not to say they won't use little elements from that story, but I doubt they feel the slightest need to stay true to its tone.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I am straining to see how they can do Born Again to Disney MCU standards when it is at varying points one of the deeply darkest stories in Daredevil's entire span of things and yet those elements are kind of load bearing to convey the sheer bleak despair Matt is driven into before he rises from it.

(If they're not just using the name and full out going for that arc I mean)
    I don't see how they could MCU that storyline. Especially when they have already had Matt appear in the MCU in she hulk and he's clearly not in Born again levels of angst.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan