Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I thought the art was actually a highlight of the issue myself.
    looks like melted ice cream with body hair to me

Ha. Well damn. I guess art is highly subjective after all.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    I do love how Hank’s implied rejection of his human heritage includes apprently not wanting to be called a doctor. Renouncing your doctorates out of spite? Hope you enjoy eight years in college plus however long it takes Krako to set up said college Hank.
    I actually liked that part. I mean, mutant telepaths can make anyone an expert in anything, basically instantly. Traditional human academia is obsolete in their terms.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Its a fascinating study on reader reception when we have characters like Beast and Sinister on Krakoa -- both engaging in heinous atrocities and inhumane violations -- but one reads as entertaining or humorous while the other is just straight VILE and insufferable.

Personality is everything. lol
    I've never found Sinister entertaining(by which I mean fun) that is Gillen's choice to write him as a flamboyant jester, the only cool thing is we could get a deadly serious Sinister back because there are 4 Sinisters and at least one of them will likely be portrayed closer to the original. As for beast ,I'm not shocked that he is going down this path, dark beast existing already showed there's always a possibility Hank would embrace hubris and megalomania to its logical conclusion.What is shocking though is how Krakoa lets this slide.. Emma, Hope,Xavier and scores of others just keep mum ,even though they should be showing serious unease with Beast's antics..I mean it's one thing to keep appearances for the world outside , another to let this guy keep doing weird stuff to fellow mutants. To say they don't know anything and that is why they don't do anything only goes so far, now Hope knowing but being silent is a blight on Krakoa
    Last edited by Rev9; 12-23-2022 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I'm unapologetically on board with this dark, non-Dark Beast story and have been enjoying both Wolverine and X-Force lately. I just want to see how it all ends now.
    Same here hahaha

I know people are frustrated by Percy’s seeming lack of editorial interference, but I just don’t think anybody had any other interesting ideas to use Hank for.obviously we’re quite far down the rabbit hole now, but Percy certainly started off with interesting developments for the character under the new status quo.

I think it has been well positioned over the past couple of years, and like all of Percy’s books, reads a lot better in collected formats.

In my view it’s an interesting way to go with a character that felt fairly directionless for a long time. I’m sure at some point we’ll get a more amicable Beast, with a forgivable excuse for his atrocities, as that is comics’ speciality really.

I’m excited to see how this affects Logan once Krakoa surely helps him out a bit (tying up the grievances he’s had with krakoa sonce issue 1 of Wolverine, and X-Force)

Also happy to see a mention of Jean in this issue, I feel it’s been a pity that we haven’t seen much of Logan and Jean together over the last year or so, apart from AXE. I’d like to see a date night issue or arc for them in the future!

I think that’s fair. Beast has been pretty damn boring for years now. But I also don’t find him a great or enjoyable villain either. The whole shift in his personality seems forced from who he used to be, which is why I think it’s artificial and they’ll reveal that somehow he’s been corrupted or under someone else’s influence. Maybe not, but that’s what my gut tells me.

As for Percy, he’s pretty hit or miss for me. I thought his first ten issues or so of X-Force were hot fire, and it was my favorite book coming out of HoX/PoX and the whole line-wide reboot. But after issue 10 it quickly lost steam for me personally and got downright bad. Wolverine, on the other hand, started solid but got better as it went. And it’s still a steady read assisted by some really great art from the GOAT Logan artist himself, Adam Kubert. The best issues have all been drawn by him.

So I’m not a “Percy hater,” but do feel at this stage he’s pretty much said all he has to say regarding this X-Force squad and maybe it’s time to give someone else a shot at a fresh take on the book and its concept.

I don’t know if I’ve ever found X-Force to be bad per se, though I agree the earlier issues were the best. It’s been enjoyable for me for most of it, barring the very regular storyline consisting of bad guys infiltrating Krakoa. It will be interesting to see who the peacock man is at least.

I think Beast has been more interesting in this villainous role partly due to the fact he’s been allowed to do what he’s doing. If I’m honest, I suspect it would have been handled better/in a wider capacity if Hickman was still around, but frankly I just don’t think anyone else apart from Percy has the desire to explore the character at all.

So I don’t think it’s a problem with how Beast has been written/explored by Percy, I just think that the wider X-office haven’t had a desire to use the character, so it seems a bit off because we don’t see it explored outside of Percy’s 2 titles, which makes it extra weird in context of other characters’ characterisation. But it fits into Percy’s initial plan for X-Force being a shady govt. CIA, with Beast in an almost Cheney-sequel role. I like it. It is at least a big swing, it’s a pity other writers haven’t rolled with it a lot, as I think it could be a great side storyline to run through the line.

Sorry, of course, for the Beast fans out there, but as a Wolverine fan I think it sets up a very interesting relationship between the two, especially considering Logan now works on a team with Omega Red.

You think Beast would at least know not to use one of the most well liked high profile X-men on the island AND one that's shown a history of overcoming mental control several times.

If he had used some one like Wildchild or Caliban, he might have actually gotten away with it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    You think Beast would at least know not to use one of the most well liked high profile X-men on the island AND one that's shown a history of overcoming mental control several times.

If he had used some one like Wildchild or Caliban, he might have actually gotten away with it.
    Exactly. As well as putting them in a non-recognizable costume that covers them from head to toe just in case someone sees them.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    I don’t know if I’ve ever found X-Force to be bad per se, though I agree the earlier issues were the best. It’s been enjoyable for me for most of it, barring the very regular storyline consisting of bad guys infiltrating Krakoa. It will be interesting to see who the peacock man is at least.

I think Beast has been more interesting in this villainous role partly due to the fact he’s been allowed to do what he’s doing. If I’m honest, I suspect it would have been handled better/in a wider capacity if Hickman was still around, but frankly I just don’t think anyone else apart from Percy has the desire to explore the character at all.

So I don’t think it’s a problem with how Beast has been written/explored by Percy, I just think that the wider X-office haven’t had a desire to use the character, so it seems a bit off because we don’t see it explored outside of Percy’s 2 titles, which makes it extra weird in context of other characters’ characterisation. But it fits into Percy’s initial plan for X-Force being a shady govt. CIA, with Beast in an almost Cheney-sequel role. I like it. It is at least a big swing, it’s a pity other writers haven’t rolled with it a lot, as I think it could be a great side storyline to run through the line.

Sorry, of course, for the Beast fans out there, but as a Wolverine fan I think it sets up a very interesting relationship between the two, especially considering Logan now works on a team with Omega Red.
    It just feels wrong to me as someone who grew up with the character, what he used to be, and knowing how close these two were, just to see it be so distorted, corrupted, and excessively dark.

(I mean, do we really need more titles to show off how bad Beast is now and characters not doing anything about it until literally issues released in the past two months?).

Spectacular Member

I actually like the idea of one of the main x-men going bad. I also like that it is Beast . However him just being able to do all this right under the noses of the rest of the x-men and then also be so open about it. With the space jail and the assignation on tv by wolverine is just really badly written. This could have been such a better story under a different writer. I guess Percy could sort of safe it a little in the next few issues of x-force and Wolverine, so let’s hope for that . And I am guessing he is not done yet after this because we still have the colossus story and what Wolverine’s new nemesis and his new demon girlfriend are going to unleash on wolverine story.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

All I could think of was:

You are Henry Phillips McCoy are not? Other "you's" have done this before. "The Great Beast" is a name well known in the game of worlds...
    So I'm like damn. Henry. Don't do it. Stay good.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev View Post
    I actually like the idea of one of the main x-men going bad. I also like that it is Beast . However him just being able to do all this right under the noses of the rest of the x-men and then also be so open about it. With the space jail and the assignation on tv by wolverine is just really badly written. This could have been such a better story under a different writer. I guess Percy could sort of safe it a little in the next few issues of x-force and Wolverine, so let’s hope for that . And I am guessing he is not done yet after this because we still have the colossus story and what Wolverine’s new nemesis and his new demon girlfriend are going to unleash on wolverine story.
    You must not have read the solicitations for the March issues where things just get more and more ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    All I could think of was:

So I'm like damn. Henry. Don't do it. Stay good.
    Where was that from? And it's too late now. This isn't Hank, it's just a disgusting caricature of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

I wouldn’t mind seeing Wild Child or Caliban (or both) join up with X-Force in the future honestly. It’s kind of going in a Suicide Squad type direction anyway now with Deadpool and Omega Red on the squad. Throw in Sabretooth, Wild Child and Caliban and watch Logan and Domino have to keep them all in line. Could be fun.

Maybe just put Caliban on the intel side with Sage, as he can track a mutant signature anywhere using his power, and put the others on the field team with Logan and Neena leading it.