Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Art is incredible, sucks it's wasted for this comics.

Yeah you're absolutely right. Beautiful art and it's a shame.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yeah you're absolutely right. Beautiful art and it's a shame.
    I almost got this because on comixology it makes it look like Lenil Yu is the artist and i was like wait, not to say this art is bad just to say lenil art almost made me give the book another shot but to make sure i googled and none of the preview pages had his art but he did do the cover.

also just cause it's on my mind cause of this Gold Goblin #1 was the only book i was able to rate with the stars showing up at the top. it surprised me so i searched for it on the other books but it never popped up. sorry for the off topic.
    Last edited by jwatson; 12-21-2022 at 11:32 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

so krokoa took logan to the pit. after letting him escape strange. I do wonder when Krokoa will turn on the mutants feel like he will be there final boss
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I'm unapologetically on board with this dark, non-Dark Beast story and have been enjoying both Wolverine and X-Force lately. I just want to see how it all ends now.

So does the X-Office just not care about Beast or Krakoa's basic competency at all or...?

I feel like Krakoa dragged Logan down into the pit to restore his memory and since of self cause Krakoa probably didn’t like seeing him abused.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Astonishing Member

The truly aggravating thing about Percy's stories is the scope the X-Office seems to have no problem with him writing.

Like his tendency to want to write stories that are self-contained just around 'his' characters and don't involve anyone outside his books or require they interact with the other major plots (like even his Kraven tie-in to Judgment Day had **** all to do with Judgment Day, lol, it was basically an excuse to have Kraven show up)....

I'm just saying, it'd be one thing if he were writing smaller stories that have the potential to fly under the radar with everything else going on throughout Krakoa. Like its one thing if nobody notices what's up with Beast because he's staying in his lab 24/7, or not weighing in on an X-Force assassination plot if they genuinely don't know that somebody died.

But what Percy writes is not that. He's writing the complete OPPOSITE of stories that can logically exist in isolation, building hundred billion dollar prison moons, Wolverine seen assassinating a US official on security footage, Hank treating the member of the Five who JOINED the Council SPECIFICALLY on the basis of giving the Five some discretion in resurrections and the precedents established around that like she's a dumb teenage girl who just shuts up when someone condescends 'this is above your pay grade' - this is Cable's daughter, who grew up being told she was the Mutant Messiah. Hope should be going like nothing is above my pay grade anymore, you insufferable over-sized Furby. Don't make me call my creepy overzealous omega pope to come smite you!

Like....its so over the top and its dragging down the whole line because people point to it and its events as emblematic because they're so big and operatic in scale and nobody elsewhere is doing anything about these plot points or character beats....because the reality is, none of the other writers BUT Percy really give a **** about what he's doing here. So why is he being given a blank check to constantly write stuff that SHOULD affect the entire trajectory of Krakoan politics, major A-list characters' storylines, the perception the world has of mutants as a whole.....if neither Percy OR anyone else seems to have any interest whatsoever in actually having his books affect anything else....or let anyone else affect his books?

Its literally mind-boggling.

Like if you still want him to write an X-book so bad, like, give him a nice self-contained little AU title that can be its own universe. Stop muddying the waters of the entire franchise with plots and characterizations that make no sense in any larger context and CAN'T be made to make sense, because the originating writer doesn't CARE if they make sense or align with anyone else's work.

They put so much effort into coordinating all the other X-writers and having everyone else's work tie together into cohesive larger wholes, and meanwhile Percy's over here just giggling to himself as he yanks half of those threads out of position in the name of controversy. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot, X-Office.
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 12-21-2022 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    The truly aggravating thing about Percy's stories is the scope the X-Office seems to have no problem with him writing.

Like his tendency to want to write stories that are self-contained just around 'his' characters and don't involve anyone outside his books or require they interact with the other major plots (like even his Kraven tie-in to Judgment Day had **** all to do with Judgment Day, lol, it was basically an excuse to have Kraven show up)....

I'm just saying, it'd be one thing if he were writing smaller stories that have the potential to fly under the radar with everything else going on throughout Krakoa. Like its one thing if nobody notices what's up with Beast because he's staying in his lab 24/7, or not weighing in on an X-Force assassination plot if they genuinely don't know that somebody died.

But what Percy writes is not that. He's writing the complete OPPOSITE of stories that can logically exist in isolation, building hundred billion dollar prison moons, Wolverine seen assassinating a US official on security footage, Hank treating the member of the Five who JOINED the Council SPECIFICALLY on the basis of giving the Five some discretion in resurrections and the precedents established around that like she's a dumb teenage girl who just shuts up when someone condescends 'this is above your pay grade' - this is Cable's daughter, who grew up being told she was the Mutant Messiah. Hope should be going like nothing is above my pay grade anymore, you insufferable over-sized Furby. Don't make me call my creepy overzealous omega pope to come smite you!

Like....its so over the top and its dragging down the whole line because people point to it and its events as emblematic because they're so big and operatic in scale and nobody elsewhere is doing anything about these plot points or character beats....because the reality is, none of the other writers BUT Percy really give a **** about what he's doing here. So why is he being given a blank check to constantly write stuff that SHOULD affect the entire trajectory of Krakoan politics, major A-list characters' storylines, the perception the world has of mutants as a whole.....if neither Percy OR anyone else seems to have any interest whatsoever in actually having his books affect anything else....or let anyone else affect his books?

Its literally mind-boggling.

Like if you still want him to write an X-book so bad, like, give him a nice self-contained little AU title that can be its own universe. Stop muddying the waters of the entire franchise with plots and characterizations that make no sense in any larger context and CAN'T be made to make sense, because the originating writer doesn't CARE if they make sense or align with anyone else's work.

They put so much effort into coordinating all the other X-writers and having everyone else's work tie together into cohesive larger wholes, and meanwhile Percy's over here just giggling to himself as he yanks half of those threads out of position in the name of controversy. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot, X-Office.
    They let him do what he wants cause his books sell. Whole time his books sell because they star Wolverine (not a dig, just the facts), so we’re basically stuck till his story is finished because there’s no financial reason to pull the plug on him.

Also you nailed what his current dynamic seems to be with the X-Office, and it’s wild to think that a year ago they give him THE EVENT to transition us from Hickman’s era to Destiny of X. I’d love to be a fly on the wall in that slack channel.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So does the X-Office just not care about Beast or Krakoa's basic competency at all or...?
    Or actually good stories.

I love how detailed and expressive this artist's work is. In other news, Beast is a Grade A piece of ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    I'm unapologetically on board with this dark, non-Dark Beast story and have been enjoying both Wolverine and X-Force lately. I just want to see how it all ends now.
    I'm there too. This was by far the best book I read today. I'll admit that it seems off that everyone just takes Beast at his word about Logan, but let's not act like Logan hasn't dipped our on the X group his whole life to go do solo stuff. Now the issue with the public assassination was addressed by Beast to congress as a "deep state" act and he sold that same line to Sage and the rest of Krakoa. I think it would serve Percy well to have the whole damn island doubting Beast's story next issue. The anticipation for when Logan gets his mind back and how bad he's gonna mess up Hank is unreal. My biggest concern is that Percy will have Logan play the "noble Samurai" role and either just have Hank imprisoned or make it a quick death. I want to see Logan take his pound of flesh from Beast and then some.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I want the Beast stuff to get resolved… It also annoys me when some mutants get arrogant about their “mutant names”. He’s been Dr. Henry McCoy for decades… Ugh. This arrogant attitude sees to depend on who’s writing.

Astonishing Member

Beast is the Deep State at this point, he essentially controls the entire nations intelligence and security apparatus and sees himself above everyone else there. He’s literally describing himself.

At this point every second that Beast is allowed to breathe should be considered a failure for the entire nation of Krakoa. He is beyond redemption so the only thing left is for him to either officially be labeled a villain or preferably someone kill the bastard.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    At this point every second that Beast is allowed to breathe should be considered a failure for the entire nation of Krakoa. He is beyond redemption so the only thing left is for him to either officially be labeled a villain or preferably someone kill the bastard.
    I’ve been saying this after the plant genocide stuff. He should have been shut down well before now just for being a walking talking PR disaster in the making. Definitely the darkest beast now.

Seriously, much like my point with Nature Girl, if the stuff he does gets out he does more to ruin human-mutant relations than your average member of the Friends of Humanity.