Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Mine isn't the most original thought, but:

Wonder Tot is a 5th Dimensional Imp. Unlike Bat-Mite or Mxyzptlk, she's actually a child who wants to be played with. Also, she's the daughter (second daughter, I guess) of the original Earth-2 Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor, conceived during a poorly-thought-out second honeymoon in the 5th Dimension.

Queen Clea is the type who would mock other Wonder Woman rogues for bickering over who's her most dangerous or hated foe--deeming it beneath her to care who Diana's considers her worst adversary--then turn around and say, "Besides, we all know she fears ME the most."

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Queen Clea is the type who would mock other Wonder Woman rogues for bickering over who's her most dangerous or hated foe--deeming it beneath her to care who Diana's considers her worst adversary--then turn around and say, "Besides, we all know she fears ME the most."
    Does Clea even care about that? Clea seems like the sort who'd try to avoid WW, not target her.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

There are many islands with a fully fleshed out logistic system for exporting and importing, hence the invisible plane.

Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    You know that could work with both. In Skyrim lore the sky above isn't just a sky but a different plane of existence that holds other realms. There are still stars and all but say for example that one big planet looking thing isn't actually a planet but a portal to the realm of giants or something. If we also keep the head canon of Themyscira being in a different plane of existence too of course.

I just like Diana being in that mix between syfy and fantasy. I mean she was doing things that He-man and classic Thor were doing before those two were even thoughts.
    Exactly! I am twirling and giving you a big Amazon salute. This is exactly the kind of big idea thinking I kept waiting to see from Morrison but ....#NOPE. Being one to pull from random obscure bits of character lore, I thought sure he would do exactly this pulling from the Wonder Woman Spectacular. He was so close to some of those ideas over in JLA with Wonder World, but alas, no.

Hopefully we shall see this fully realized. I could see a Walt Simonson doing it given his ideas about the Amazons having knowledge and mastery of all weapons that are, were, or will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Exactly! I am twirling and giving you a big Amazon salute. This is exactly the kind of big idea thinking I kept waiting to see from Morrison but ....#NOPE. Being one to pull from random obscure bits of character lore, I thought sure he would do exactly this pulling from the Wonder Woman Spectacular. He was so close to some of those ideas over in JLA with Wonder World, but alas, no.

Hopefully we shall see this fully realized. I could see a Walt Simonson doing it given his ideas about the Amazons having knowledge and mastery of all weapons that are, were, or will be.
    Another one here signing up for a Themyscira that harks back to the whimsical mix of "retro tech" and magic that was so unique back then, and so visually/narratively appealing.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post

Morrison doesn't seem like he understands or even cares for Wonder Woman as a character from what I have seen him write.

Too often he reduces Diana's entire mythos to just "sex" which seems insanely reductive.

Swiss army nerd

A few head canons...

Every few years, Diana has her powers temporarily removed so she can train with some of the best vanilla mortal martial artists on earth. Powerless she'd be in the top 3 martial artists on earth, and likes to learn as many new forms and skills as she can that she wouldn't have been exposed to on Themyscira.

She enjoyed the West Wing for its high mindedness and optimistic approach to power and its application. but was frustrated with its maleness. Loved CJ, of course.

Diana is a bad singer. Cannot hold a tune. She loves to sing and does it with gusto, but it is not her talent.

Diana /adores/ Lois Lane. A woman so committed to truth and doing the right thing, a woman utterly undaunted by powerful men, and able to change the world with the stroke of her pen. Diana is Here For This. It's actually one of the things she likes best about Clark - that Clark loves Lois. She thinks it speaks well of him.

Diana also adores Bruce and Clark. She always wondered what it would be like to have brothers, and here they are. The dynamic between the three always shifts, you can't always say "Diana is the older sister, Clark the brother and Bruce the moody younger one" or whatever. They all get turns in each role.

Diana also adores the Birds of Prey and has always been a little sad that she was never properly invited to be a member.

Black Adam has the biggest crush on Diana, it's not even funny.

Diana is envious of people who can very easily and casually make others laugh. She thinks its a wonderful gift. She's a funny person herself, very wry and observant, but that casual, can always make people smile and put them at ease humour? Yeah, she thinks that's beyond even the gods ability to grant.

The only elements Diana should be earth and fire.

Diana sleeps with the Lasso under her pillow. It protects her from enemies that might try to invade her mind while she sleeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    Diana sleeps with the Lasso under her pillow. It protects her from enemies that might try to invade her mind while she sleeps.
    Yes! I have always felt that the lasso of truth helps her own innate psychological strength against the likes of Dr. Psycho.

Incredible Member

She wishes Donna Troy and her were the same height and body build. So they could share all their clothing like real sisters do.
    Also, I think they both wear the same shoe size and always borrow each other's shoes.

She wishes she could be as ruthless in battle as her Sister/Cousin Artemis.
    Last edited by gwhh; 02-25-2024 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Yes! I have always felt that the lasso of truth helps her own innate psychological strength against the likes of Dr. Psycho.
    this has actually come up in stories. She has actually wrapped it around herself to block some psychological attacks/

My headcannons

Diana uses the Lasso of Truth for her own therapy sessions, forcing herself to confront things she otherwise would deny or try to avoid.
    Diana has a therapist she goes to at times during these sessions and she allows her to help through the PTSD she's dealt with over a lifetime of heroism.
    She had dreams of being an archeologist, but the things that happened with Minerva turned her away from the idea.
    Diana's culture is non-monogamous and so is she.
    She is in love with Bruce Wayne
    She is in love with Kasia whom was her first love
    She is in love with Steve Trevor
    Half the time her bravado is to throw off her opponents, the other half of the time it's real.
    She trains MMA in addition to the other forms of combat she knows.
    Dinah's successfully submitted her once when they were rolling and will never let her or anyone else in the league hear the end of it.
    Her and Vixen once had a relationship but remain close to this day.
    She hopes to one day embrace Grail as a sister rather than as a villain.
    She is very much in love with Barbara Minerva, and vice versa, but neither lets themselves cross that boundary because of everything.
    Etta Candy has asked her out several thousand times.
    She once had a crush on Lois Lane.
    She is 100% bulletproof but she thinks allowing herself to be shot will encourage laziness in her training.
    She doesn't personally think too highly of Dick Grayson due to things she's heard from both Kory and Barbara over the years, but remains professional when around him.
    Harley Quinn has asked her out several thousand times... was successful once.. and Diana would rather not discuss it.. BUT HARLEY WILL.
    She thought Bruce Lee was a great warrior and wished to meet him.
    She was once convinced to be a stunt woman for a famous movie actress whom she'd befriended and remains uncredited.
    She once pitched teaching the League the basics of binding and didn't understand why the Flash nearly choked on his beverage.
    She secretly keeps an eye on street level heroes if she's in the area but doesn't interfere.
    She once enjoyed the museum more than any other place, but hasn't been to one since what happened to Barbara Minerva.
    She thinks Kory would make an amazing Amazon.
    She and Supergirl formed a bond while she spent time on Themyscara learning their forms of combat. To this day, Kara still utilizes her as her primary training partner.
    She's encouraged Maxima to tell Kara how she feels many a time.
    She thinks Poison Ivy has the highest potential to do good in the world if she so chose.
    She thinks highly of Martha Kent and once offered her a chance to move her farm to Themyscara or an adjacent island. Martha respectfully declined.
    She thought highly of Alfred and joined him on tea dates often.
    She enjoys theatre, musicals and Opera and can often be seen enjoying them in an audience or from the balcony.
    She caused an incident the first time she saw Phantom of the Opera, trying to stop the Chandalier from falling on people... she understands how it works now.
    She secretly wishes to be in a theatrical production one day, but she wishes to earn the role and not get it due to her fame, which has proven difficult.
    She once spent an afternoon pondering the intricacies of a divine meal she had tasted. The divine meal in question was Sherbet.
    She still loves Ice Cream and has donated the majority of her money she once earned on archeological finds to family owned ice cream shops
    She once considered running for Office, but felt she would be too tempted to tear down it's structure and rebuild it after seeing how corrupt it can be.
    She didn't quite understand what a PRIDE Parade was when she first went to one, but the memory makes her teary eyed in good ways since then.
    She's one of the main attractions at PRIDE Parades and enjoys being just Diana in those moments.
    She has helped marry several LGBTQ+ couples across her lifetime.
    She once kept Cerberus as a pet when there was flux in the Underworld. Is still adored by Cerberus to this day.
    She's a huge fan of Professional Wrestling.
    She wants Cody Rhodes to Finish His Story.

That's all I can think of from the top of my head right now :3

Incredible Member

She thinks Poison Ivy has the highest potential to do good in the world if she so chose.

I doubt this one. PI has committed so many cold blood murders over the years. And I think she truly insane with no chance at ever being sane again.

Vixen is into men only But I could see her trying to get a 3 way going with WW and some other man.

I could see her loving Pro Wrestling big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    My headcannons

Diana uses the Lasso of Truth for her own therapy sessions, forcing herself to confront things she otherwise would deny or try to avoid.
    Diana has a therapist she goes to at times during these sessions and she allows her to help through the PTSD she's dealt with over a lifetime of heroism.
    She had dreams of being an archeologist, but the things that happened with Minerva turned her away from the idea.
    Diana's culture is non-monogamous and so is she.
    She is in love with Bruce Wayne
    She is in love with Kasia whom was her first love
    She is in love with Steve Trevor
    Half the time her bravado is to throw off her opponents, the other half of the time it's real.
    She trains MMA in addition to the other forms of combat she knows.
    Dinah's successfully submitted her once when they were rolling and will never let her or anyone else in the league hear the end of it.
    Her and Vixen once had a relationship but remain close to this day.
    She hopes to one day embrace Grail as a sister rather than as a villain.
    She is very much in love with Barbara Minerva, and vice versa, but neither lets themselves cross that boundary because of everything.
    Etta Candy has asked her out several thousand times.
    She once had a crush on Lois Lane.
    She is 100% bulletproof but she thinks allowing herself to be shot will encourage laziness in her training.
    She doesn't personally think too highly of Dick Grayson due to things she's heard from both Kory and Barbara over the years, but remains professional when around him.
    Harley Quinn has asked her out several thousand times... was successful once.. and Diana would rather not discuss it.. BUT HARLEY WILL.
    She thought Bruce Lee was a great warrior and wished to meet him.
    She was once convinced to be a stunt woman for a famous movie actress whom she'd befriended and remains uncredited.
    She once pitched teaching the League the basics of binding and didn't understand why the Flash nearly choked on his beverage.
    She secretly keeps an eye on street level heroes if she's in the area but doesn't interfere.
    She once enjoyed the museum more than any other place, but hasn't been to one since what happened to Barbara Minerva.
    She thinks Kory would make an amazing Amazon.
    She and Supergirl formed a bond while she spent time on Themyscara learning their forms of combat. To this day, Kara still utilizes her as her primary training partner.
    She's encouraged Maxima to tell Kara how she feels many a time.
    She thinks highly of Martha Kent and once offered her a chance to move her farm to Themyscara or an adjacent island. Martha respectfully declined.
    She thought highly of Alfred and joined him on tea dates often.
    She enjoys theatre, musicals and Opera and can often be seen enjoying them in an audience or from the balcony.
    She caused an incident the first time she saw Phantom of the Opera, trying to stop the Chandalier from falling on people... she understands how it works now.
    She secretly wishes to be in a theatrical production one day, but she wishes to earn the role and not get it due to her fame, which has proven difficult.
    She once spent an afternoon pondering the intricacies of a divine meal she had tasted. The divine meal in question was Sherbet.
    She still loves Ice Cream and has donated the majority of her money she once earned on archeological finds to family owned ice cream shops
    She once considered running for Office, but felt she would be too tempted to tear down it's structure and rebuild it after seeing how corrupt it can be.
    She didn't quite understand what a PRIDE Parade was when she first went to one, but the memory makes her teary eyed in good ways since then.
    She's one of the main attractions at PRIDE Parades and enjoys being just Diana in those moments.
    She has helped marry several LGBTQ+ couples across her lifetime.
    She once kept Cerberus as a pet when there was flux in the Underworld. Is still adored by Cerberus to this day.
    She's a huge fan of Professional Wrestling.
    She wants Cody Rhodes to Finish His Story.

That's all I can think of from the top of my head right now :3