Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Hmmm isn't Ares the father of Hippolyta though?
    Ares was Hippolyta's father in Earth One and New Earth/Pre Flashpoint.
    Now, we've been told "everything counts" but we all know that's not true. It doesn't seem to be the case now, and for what it's worth, wasn't on Earth Two either.
    Last edited by witchboy; 01-13-2023 at 09:10 AM.

Hippolyta deliberately gave Diana less curlier hair than hers so that it would be more manageable. She also sculpted Diana's face with aesthetics she personally liked.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I have a similar head canon as well but in my version Artemis was just a title and red haired Artemis is just the current one to bear it.

The options for her Arab name were:

Iah; Egyptian Moon Goddess

Qamar: Moon

Ahmose-Nebetta: Child of Moon or Child of Iah (Moon Goddess), also the name of an actual ancient Egyptian princess.

Nour: Divine light

Sara: Princess

My favorite is either Nour Sara or Sara Nebetti. Since Diana and Artemis are basically the Roman and Greek names of the same Goddess, I felt that Artemis Arab name should also be some kind of Arab equivalent of Diana's name which means 'divine'.
    I like Qamar and Nour the most of these.

Mala was a young adult (20) reborn in the well of souls when Diana was 17. They became close because they were both young, Diana wanted to know about the outside world, and in turn integrared Mala into the amazons, and they became romantic.

In her previous life, Mala she was a queer war rebel from East Europe and destroyed by Baron Blitzkrieg.

I've wanted to use Euboea in this role, but since Mala already has been in a relationship with Diana I chosea Mala.

EDIT:
    Nevermind
    Last edited by Guy_McNichts; 01-14-2023 at 05:51 AM.

Hippolyta once claimed that she wrote a book called "Are You There Hera, It's Me Hippolyta" as a joke. To this day, everyone believes it is true.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Ares was Hippolyta's father in Earth One and New Earth/Pre Flashpoint.
    Now, we've been told "everything counts" but we all know that's not true. It doesn't seem to be the case now, and for what it's worth, wasn't on Earth Two either.
    Earth one as in the nu52 Earth one? Cuz that's an alt reality. Pre Crisis Earth 1? Mentioned like once in the Silver Age? Not ever regarded as correct ( and Silver Age continuity fluctuated often from issue to issue)

And new Earth Pre Flashpoint... Post Crisis? Ares was absolutely not Hippolyta's father.

There have been odd mentions of this scattered amongst the various eras of WW, but none have really been official. Mostly discarded as one offs, writer inconsistency, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    Earth one as in the nu52 Earth one? Cuz that's an alt reality. Pre Crisis Earth 1? Mentioned like once in the Silver Age? Not ever regarded as correct ( and Silver Age continuity fluctuated often from issue to issue)

And new Earth Pre Flashpoint... Post Crisis? Ares was absolutely not Hippolyta's father.

There have been odd mentions of this scattered amongst the various eras of WW, but none have really been official. Mostly discarded as one offs, writer inconsistency, etc.
    Earith 1 as in the Silver and Bronze Ages.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Hmmm isn't Ares the father of Hippolyta though?
    He’s the father of Hippolyta and her sisters in Greek mythology and might have been the father of Hippolyta’s first life in one of the many, many variations of post-crisis canon.

Post-Flashpoint Hippolyta was the daughter of another Amazon queen

Right now saying that Ares is Hippolyta’s father is as accurate as saying Diana is Dream’s grandmother

The women reincarnated on Themsycira weren't just young adults but also young girls and babies. This includes characters like Mala and Nubia, they grew up normally but stopped aging after a certain point. These girls were also childhood friends of Diana although they were a little older than her.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Incredible Member

She sleeps in the buff to surprise anyone that attacks her. Because she so beautiful that they will be struck with awe for a few moments. And she will use that to her advantage.

In my head canon:

All the deities that gave Diana her powers were female. Yep. Her speed is a gift from Nike, not from Hermes, and Gaea herself made Diana "as strong as the earth itself." Also, not all the deities involved in Diana's birth and powers were what the myths call "Olympians." In my head, the gods that Diana worships are inspired by the Greek myths but don't adhere 100 % to them. For example, in my head canon, Asteria (not the Lynda Carter character in WW84 but the Greek goddess that embodied space and the stars) gave Diana the ability to breathe in space, while Amphitrite, Poseidon's wife and the goddess of the sea, gave the princess the ability to breathe underwater.

Astonishing Member

Assassins Creed Odyssey is an elseworld origin story for Hippolyta.

Similarly, Immortals: Felix Rising is Diana's first big adventure in her youth where she earns blessings from the gods.

Yeah, it takes a bit of head-canon rewriting, but, until the WW video game comes out, these are the best I've got to play.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    In my head canon:

All the deities that gave Diana her powers were female. Yep. Her speed is a gift from Nike, not from Hermes, and Gaea herself made Diana "as strong as the earth itself." Also, not all the deities involved in Diana's birth and powers were what the myths call "Olympians." In my head, the gods that Diana worships are inspired by the Greek myths but don't adhere 100 % to them. For example, in my head canon, Asteria (not the Lynda Carter character in WW84 but the Greek goddess that embodied space and the stars) gave Diana the ability to breathe in space, while Amphitrite, Poseidon's wife and the goddess of the sea, gave the princess the ability to breathe underwater.
    Exactly how many deities should Diana have?

Quote Originally Posted by Zahina View Post
    Exactly how many deities should Diana have?
    As far as I'm concerned Diana has 8 divine "aunties" that gave her gifts that will help her fulfill her destiny as the shining star of Themyscira: Amphitrite, Aphrodite, Artemis, Asteria, Athena, Gaea, Hestia, and Nike.