Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Since we are on the topic...

- Maxina would have a fun rivalry with Diana once their friends and they keep in contact for training and galactic diplomatic missions

- Almerac is one of the planets that the Amazons have strong connections with
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

When I think of Maxima, I see her as the bombastic WARRIOR QUEEN who declared Superman her worthy mate because he was powerful and she would nothing less. I realize subsequent writers have (or had since we have no idea what continuity is anymore) given her more depth and development than that, but to me, that element of grandeur will always be her foundation.

As such, I just think it would be entertaining/funny if she immediately saw Wonder Woman as a rival and built it up in her head without Diana's awareness.

I don't see it as shade against her. Just a melodramatic character acting melodramatically.

Extraordinary Member

I like the idea that the Olympians can shift and vacillate between different personalities and even MOs as, for whatever reason, they draw form the believes different mortals have about them, especially their ancient cults and what modern fans of mythology think about them.

For instance, Aphrodite has perhaps mellowed and matured compared to her ancient portrayal because she’s been redefined more as the Goddess of the Modern Concept Of Romantic Love rather than the Goddess of Horniness And Getting Some… but is maybe getting a bit more flirty and thirsty as people rediscover her original portrayal.

Ares perhaps draws intentionally from both the different conceptions of himself and of the Roman Mars, in particular because the brainless thug that Plato saw him as is a version of himself he genuinely loathes becoming again after tasting the more strategic, cunning, and and self-aware persona the Romans gave him as a personification of their idea of war.

Perhaps the Gods even take modern guises to try and shape their personas - like Aphrodite writing a relationship blog to try and maintain some more fulfilling missions of helping with emotional love rather than just getting some, or Ares operating a “strategic consulting group” to try and not lose his brain again.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Every time the DC universe gets rebooted, Zeus is aware of this and tries to control how the Amazons' history is shaped to center him to varying degrees of success. With the 80s crisis, he was able to alter the Amazons' technological and societal progression, as well as splinter them. In the New 52 reboot, he remade Diana into his daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Every time the DC universe gets rebooted, Zeus is aware of this and tries to control how the Amazons' history is shaped to center him to varying degrees of success. With the 80s crisis, he was able to alter the Amazons' technological and societal progression, as well as splinter them. In the New 52 reboot, he remade Diana into his daughter.
    I actually really like this one.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

This is canon to me now.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Ah, so THIS is what Meta means!

In the old myths Circe has several adult children.

In the comics... we have Lyta Milton... Who is only around 10 or 12 years old.

Headcanon: Circe actually has several children who are still around. Also... dozens of more distant descendants who... take after their fathers more than Circe.... and thus have little if any actual power. Feels like an obvious plot hook

Nobody parties harder than Diana. It surprises people who only know her formal diplomatic side.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_McNichts View Post
    When I think of Maxima, I see her as the bombastic WARRIOR QUEEN who declared Superman her worthy mate because he was powerful and she would nothing less. I realize subsequent writers have (or had since we have no idea what continuity is anymore) given her more depth and development than that, but to me, that element of grandeur will always be her foundation.

As such, I just think it would be entertaining/funny if she immediately saw Wonder Woman as a rival and built it up in her head without Diana's awareness.

I don't see it as shade against her. Just a melodramatic character acting melodramatically.
    Wonder Woman: Oh, hello best buddy!

Maxima: Shut it, Diana!

Oh, this one is good. Very good. Having read Historia just now, really really good lol

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Nobody parties harder than Diana. It surprises people who only know her formal diplomatic side.
    Isn't this canon or semi-canon? At least for modern versions?

Quote Originally Posted by Zagre View Post
    Isn't this canon or semi-canon? At least for modern versions?
    I mean, Hippolyta said it herself...

- Diana understands the use of having a secret identity and isn't necessarily bad at it, she just quickly loses interest and stops caring

- She enjoys horror movies; the cheesier the better

I'm usually leery of quasi-meta explanations (mostly because Geoff Johns overdoes it and poorly), but I think this works pretty good.

1. GEORGETOWN is NOT a district in Washington, DC, ..but its own fictional, iconic city, home to ARGUS and the X-files Capital of the DCU!
    2. Donna Troy... https://wondabunga.blogspot.com/2022...-files-of.html
    3. Etta Beth Candy is from a large rancher family in the American Southwest.
    4. Siggy can fly and speak to birds, because his grandfather Odin turned him into Bird-boy and threw him into the timestream, where he was adopted by bird-people and had adventures with teenaged Diana!
    5. Col. Steve Trevor (an alias) is from a sinister, wealthy family, determined to turn him into the demon-king DARK COMMANDER, destroy Wonder Woman and rule the world!
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 01-02-2023 at 09:48 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Historia is the real origin of the Amazons/Diana.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

I recall a scene where she sees Diana talking to Clark and reacts with hostility. I wouldn't call all their history positive.
    Alphas scene came after the Eclipso League crossover scene. It also came after the Bloodlines scene too, no? So they started as hostile but I think after the Bloodlines issue she started to see Diana differently