Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    "I see"
    LOL
    Diana seems so unbothered.
    LOVE it!!
    There is also one from PANIC IN THE SKY where Diana is uncharacteristically antagonistic to and unsupportive of Maxima. I believe that was their earliest interaction

Screenshot_20230105-202640_Chrome.jpg
    Last edited by Stanlos; 01-05-2023 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    1. GEORGETOWN is NOT a district in Washington, DC, ..but its own fictional, iconic city, home to ARGUS and the X-files Capital of the DCU!
    2. Donna Troy... https://wondabunga.blogspot.com/2022...-files-of.html
    3. Etta Beth Candy is from a large rancher family in the American Southwest.
    4. Siggy can fly and speak to birds, because his grandfather Odin turned him into Bird-boy and threw him into the timestream, where he was adopted by bird-people and had adventures with teenaged Diana!
    5. Col. Steve Trevor (an alias) is from a sinister, wealthy family, determined to turn him into the demon-king DARK COMMANDER, destroy Wonder Woman and rule the world!
    Georgetown could pretty easily work as a place NEAR DC. That entire region has pretty heavily dense urbanization. I'm really not personally a fan of having everything set in the hero's hometown though.

Artemis has an Arab name she chooses to share with whom she pleases. She took the name Artemis after defeating the goddess Artemis in a hunting contest.

BANNED

Diana - Formed out of clay by Hippolyta and brought to life by Olympians

Philippus - Former partner of the deceased Hippolyta, former general and chosen queen of Themyscira

Artemis - Former Wonder Woman and Requiem resurrected, a demon-slaying ronin finding her place amid Man's World, divine remnants of the old world, and the Bana Mighdall

Troia - Diana's beloved adopted sister, fated to become the Titans' champion and face the Olympians' Wonder Woman in the final Titanomachy

Etta Candy, Julia Kapatelis, Helena Sandsmark - Diana's friends and intel providers in their fields of expertise

Steve Trevor - Former Checkmate Knight turned DEO agent

Lyta Trevor - Diana and Steve's daughter, and reincarnation of Hippolyta

Quote Originally Posted by bat22 View Post
    Diana - Formed out of clay by Hippolyta and brought to life by Olympians

Philippus - Former partner of the deceased Hippolyta, former general and chosen queen of Themyscira

Artemis - Former Wonder Woman and Requiem resurrected, a demon-slaying ronin finding her place amid Man's World, divine remnants of the old world, and the Bana Mighdall

Troia - Diana's beloved adopted sister, fated to become the Titans' champion and face the Olympians' Wonder Woman in the final Titanomachy

Etta Candy, Julia Kapatelis, Helena Sandsmark - Diana's friends and intel providers in their fields of expertise

Steve Trevor - Former Checkmate Knight turned DEO agent

Lyta Trevor - Diana and Steve's daughter, and reincarnation of Hippolyta
    Imagine giving birth to your own mother.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Imagine giving birth to your own mother.
    If Diana can recognize her black-haired mother in her blonde daughter. A literal take on Superman: The Movie's "the son becomes the father and the father the son" line, but also works with Hippolyta's post-COIE origin as a deceased's spirit receiving new life; in this case not wandering too far from her old one, though she won't remember it.

If Diana can recognize her black-haired mother in her blonde daughter. A literal take on Superman: The Movie's "the son becomes the father and the father the son" line, but also works with Hippolyta's post-COIE origin as a deceased's spirit receiving new life; in this case not wandering too far from her old one, though she won't remember it.
    See... this reminds me of a question I don't remember ever being answered: Why did Circe name her daughter with Ares Lyta? It's both a strange choice and an odd parallel since Hippolyta is also a daughter of Ares. But it doesn't make sense for Circe to choose the name. also if it was Ares's idea somehow... Why?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    See... this reminds me of a question I don't remember ever being answered: Why did Circe name her daughter with Ares Lyta? It's both a strange choice and an odd parallel since Hippolyta is also a daughter of Ares. But it doesn't make sense for Circe to choose the name. also if it was Ares's idea somehow... Why?
    If memory serves, Circe named her Lyta while she was still in her Donna Milton persona and was genuinely honoring Diana's mother.

BANNED

That is a strange one. Since this was before all the universe restarts, maybe the creative team was looking to create a different version of Lyta/Fury?

Suffice it to say, Diana's clear love for her mother makes more sense for naming her daughter "Lyta". My head-canon tries to bypass any reliance on an alternate Earth by keeping the Perez Hippolyta until she dies in battle, then merging E2 Wonder Woman's daughter Lyta/Fury with the classic blonde Hippolyta who she will physically grow into.

Does anyone else see the supporting casts of the heroes interacting? I like to think Ferdinand and Tawky Tawny play cards with Jimmy and others every now and again. Or that officer Modini works with Lois and the Question.

Diana plays DnD.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Artemis has an Arab name she chooses to share with whom she pleases. She took the name Artemis after defeating the goddess Artemis in a hunting contest.
    I have a similar head canon as well but in my version Artemis was just a title and red haired Artemis is just the current one to bear it.

The options for her Arab name were:

Iah; Egyptian Moon Goddess

Qamar: Moon

Ahmose-Nebetta: Child of Moon or Child of Iah (Moon Goddess), also the name of an actual ancient Egyptian princess.

Nour: Divine light

Sara: Princess

My favorite is either Nour Sara or Sara Nebetti. Since Diana and Artemis are basically the Roman and Greek names of the same Goddess, I felt that Artemis Arab name should also be some kind of Arab equivalent of Diana's name which means 'divine'.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Despite growing up on a tropical island, Diana prefers the winter to summer.

That is a strange one. Since this was before all the universe restarts, maybe the creative team was looking to create a different version of Lyta/Fury?

Suffice it to say, Diana's clear love for her mother makes more sense for naming her daughter "Lyta". My head-canon tries to bypass any reliance on an alternate Earth by keeping the Perez Hippolyta until she dies in battle, then merging E2 Wonder Woman's daughter Lyta/Fury with the classic blonde Hippolyta who she will physically grow into.
    Hmmm isn't Ares the father of Hippolyta though?

Hmmm isn't Ares the father of Hippolyta though?
    No. I believe the Amazons were Ares' daughters in the original myths, but that's not the case for Wonder Woman's Amazons.