View Poll Results: Should Peter Parker had been a member of the original X-Men?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 5.56%
  • No

68 94.44%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Probably came up because of this 2010 promo.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Probably came up because of this 2010 promo.

amazing troll, I can't imagine how the fanboys were flippin' their lid over this

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    You mean Mimic?
    Yes Mimic. I know he's reconned as a mutant but he was a mutate for decades.

BANNED

No. It is good to have hero origins aside from mutation.

Franklin Richards should not be a mutant either.

Neither should Kamala (but I would love such a retcon without reservation lol)

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Yes Mimic. I know he's reconned as a mutant but he was a mutate for decades.
    True enough, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    No. It is good to have hero origins aside from mutation.

Franklin Richards should not be a mutant either.

Neither should Kamala (but I would love such a retcon without reservation lol)
    Technically, mutation is mutation. The main in-universe difference seems to be whether it comes from the inborn X-gene or is something externally induced later in life. Then there's how before more recent retcons, the Celestials' experiments on proto-humanity were what not only introduced the X-gene to non-Eternal/Deviant humanity, but also made it possible for non-X-gene-based mutations to take hold in otherwise ordinary humans. Funny enough, the Sentinels --- tools of human hatred of mutants as they may be --- do tend to go after nonmutant superhumans as well once unshackled from their creators' arbitrary distinctions between mutants and other superpowered people, such as in Days of Future Past, so in a twisted kind of way, they're almost less prejudiced compared to humans.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Sorry, but Spidey's got nothing on Medusa. She proclaimed herself an X-Man and even wore the uniform.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I remember that Peter Parker said he was a “lone wolf” as he refused to be a member of a team so long ago… Collaborations he did but nothing more in my opinon.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I don't mind having an alternate version of Peter as a founding member of the X-men.

We might as well go wild with the Spider-verse.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Sorry, but Spidey's got nothing on Medusa. She proclaimed herself an X-Man and even wore the uniform.

Speaking of Medusa and Spider-Man, I still look back fondly on that episode of the 1980s solo Spider-Man cartoon (not "And His Amazing Friends") where the Wizard brainwashed Medusa to get close to Spider-Man so she could lure him into the Wizard's trap, though by the time Medusa was set free from the Wizard's control, she had become genuinely fond of the web-slinger and vice versa, to the point where they had a parting kiss --- albeit with Medusa covering her eyes with her hair so she wouldn't see Spider-Man's unmasked face, respecting his secret identity. Kind of begged the question of why he couldn't just roll his mask up halfway to expose his mouth, but it was a fun episode, regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    I remember that Peter Parker said he was a “lone wolf” as he refused to be a member of a team so long ago… Collaborations he did but nothing more in my opinon.
    Yeah, because joining a team would require telling them who he was, and he wanted to protect his Aunt May and other loved ones from the fallout that could ensue if his identity were to become public knowledge. Of course, then he joined the (New) Avengers in 2005 after Avengers Disassembled, so . . .

Man I had a pretty good guess on who made this thread by the title alone lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Anyone else remember that April Fools joke Marvel did years ago? They announced a mini called Spider-Man: X Marks the Spider where it would be revealed that Peter was a mutant all along and the spider bite just jump started his mutation. There were costume designs and everything. I think it was gonna be by Jimmy Palmiotti. Tuned out to be an April Fools joke and the backlash kept them from doing something like that again…
    Hah, sounds hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    You mean Mimic?
    By the definition at the time, Mimic was a mutant, since mutants back then were kids who got powers because their parents worked with radiation.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Peter doesn't really fit the requirements of an "X-Man", sure he has powers but Xavier designed his school specifically with Mutants in mind
    If I could time travel back and change 1 thing THAT would be it.

If the goal is Human/Mutant coexistence the team should be mixed... but mostly mutants.

I wouldn't mind seeing other young heroes mentored by and joining the ranks. Imagine the 'dream' showing mutants mutates highly trained humans and tech heroes maybe even an alien or two all working together.
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    If I could time travel back and change 1 thing THAT would be it.

If the goal is Human/Mutant coexistence the team should be mixed... but mostly mutants.

I wouldn't mind seeing other young heroes mentored by and joining the ranks. Imagine the 'dream' showing mutants mutates highly trained humans and tech heroes maybe even an alien or two all working together.
    The closest to that, I think, is The Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows ongoing series continuity, which featured the X-Men in a two-part arc where Xavier invited Peter and Mary Jane Parker to let their daughter Annie/Spiderling train with the X-Men. After a bit of a scuffle with the Brotherhood of (Evil) Mutants, Peter and MJ accepted Xavier's offer and the rest of the series recurrently depicted Annie still training and studying with the X-Men . . . which became a bit of a problem when Mister Sinister got a hold of her DNA and used it for his customary sick genetic experiments. Beyond that, it does sound a lot like what you're describing.