Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Art is so good! I'm almost tempted to pick this up, even though I don't have the money or the storage space! Trying to cut back on my pull list, but Rudy's making it hard...

Need more of a preview. Not sold on the art yet.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

As a brilliant artist, Rudy inspires strong opinion. How do I feel?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    As a brilliant artist, Rudy inspires strong opinion. How do I feel?

Throw your hands in the air and wave em like you just don't care!

This one is on my pull list. Since I have other series ending or already ended, I have room for this one. Not sure if I like the art or not, I try not to be picky about the art but some comics can be hard for me to follow if the art doesn't look right for the book. I'll read this and see if the art fits the writing. I have optimism for this one.

At first glance, I seriously thought those were all variant covers, not interior artwork.

Wow. Just....wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Pabst View Post
    Throw your hands in the air and wave em like you just don't care!

This one is on my pull list. Since I have other series ending or already ended, I have room for this one. Not sure if I like the art or not, I try not to be picky about the art but some comics can be hard for me to follow if the art doesn't look right for the book. I'll read this and see if the art fits the writing. I have optimism for this one.
    Kot/Rudy may not be absolutely A-list, but it's a KILLER creative team. Rudy is consistently great and very creative while Kot may just be the best new writer in comics right at this moment.

I think the key thing is that both Kot and Rudy are very creative guys who think outside the box and deliver stuff that's outside the usual big two fare. Kot's Secret Avengers has been an absolute blast if you've not read it. His ongoing at Image, Zero, is also superlative. Given that both are (very different) spy books, that bodes very well for this book.
    Last edited by King's_Gambit; 09-04-2014 at 05:27 PM.

Fantastic Member

Bucky has had a hard enough time holding onto a solo series (when not filling in as Captain America)... I'm not sure that art is going to help matters.

Quote Originally Posted by drwho View Post
    It would be nice if they actually showed some art of the inside of the book rather then what looks like covers and pin ups.
    That is the interior art. I'll pre-order the first issue. Kot has earned my trust as a writer, and the art is fantastic, imo. It may not stay on my pull due to the cost, but I'll give it a whirl.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Exactly how I feel about the art
    Same here.
    I support an OGN but never an ongoing.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Definitely trade waiting. While I was initially psyched, especially for Marco's fantastic art, Kot's concepts/co-leads and Buck going cosmic are a huge turn off. The more I thought about it, the more I don't like this shift.

Of course I could read the trade and wind up loving this, but I'll wait.
    Last edited by Lady Warp Spasm; 09-04-2014 at 08:14 PM.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Incredible Member

Art looks pretty good but I just can't get behind the premise for this book...Maybe if someone wants to trade digital codes or something I'll give it a shot but otherwise probably going to pass.

Wow those pages are pretty. Can't wait.

How does Bucky do this? Already he is captured in an alien terrain, so what is he doing there, and how did he get into that situation so fast? Nick Fury had to ground break the landscape straight after McCord was killed, so how did fury do it? Is there a user manual that Bucky can look up? Or does he just wait till a space ship gets near the Earth and jumps on board and sakes what they are doing here?

Quote Originally Posted by randomengine View Post
    This has one of my least favorite covers of all time.

While the interior art is very stylized and some people like that, I find it an extremely tough sell to the average comic reader. Moreover, I think it was a missed opportunity not to title the series something that has anything to do with his new mandate. What he does now has nothing to do with being the winter soldier. He is the man on the wall, now. Why they decided to add his full, cringe-worthy, time-displaced name, Bucky Barnes, in the title is another mistake.

The status quo that was given to this character at the end of Original Sin is interesting, but the way this series has been packaged takes zero advantage of the new status quo. Everything about it, to me, screams "WALK AWAY!"
    Buck Rogers. Bucky Barnes has a Sci Fi ring to it. It's almost like Steve Rogers long lost cloned Brother, Buck Rogers.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

In. +10 char
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    Definitely trade waiting. While I was initially psyched, especially for Marco's fantastic art, Kot's concepts/co-leads and Buck going cosmic are a huge turn off. The more I thought about it, the more I don't like this shift.

Of course I could read the trade and wind up loving this, but I'll wait.
    It's easy, quick, and cost effective to buy the first issue. If you switch to trades or ditch it from there, fair enough, but I can't imagine waiting for a Bucky series and then just letting it slip by.