Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Book reminded me of dc comics the golden age mini series. I don't get why black widow has not been added to a darkstalkers book yet or showed up in ghost rider or dr strange or electro in a defenders type book.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Book reminded me of dc comics the golden age mini series. I don't get why black widow has not been added to a darkstalkers book yet or showed up in ghost rider or dr strange or electro in a defenders type book.
    Marketing, I suppose. You already have two Black Widows. Adding another one unrelated could caus confusion on the market.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Marketing, I suppose. You already have two Black Widows. Adding another one unrelated could caus confusion on the market.
    I think she and Phantom Reporter got new names. I just don't remember them. But if you use GA Black Widow, the Phantom Reporter should show up as well (unless they broke up off panel).
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

They should have a teamup and you could address them having the same name. Maybe the founder of the Widow program knew the original?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-28-2022 at 11:11 AM.

Hi i'm thor. Hi i'm jane thor. Hi i'm bill the horse thor. Hi i'm thor girl. Hi i'm thunderstrike thor. Hi i'm thunderstrikes kid thor. Hi i'm evil robot thor. Hi i'm clone thor created by odin pre heroes reborn marvel forgot about and is still running around somewhere. Hi i'm now dead clone heroes reborn thor marvel keeps forgeting to put on the avengers members lists.

Hi i'm ww2 torch, Hi i'm ff torch, Hi i'm now dead female torch.

Hi i'm alien vision marvel forgot about. Hi i'm robot vision. Hi i'm evil vision from another earth. Hi i'm teen boy vision killed years ago. Hi i'm teen girl vision.

Hi i'm original bad guy hulk. Hi i'm hero hulk. Hi i'm red hulk.

Hi i'm deadpool. Hi im lady deadpool. Hi i'm gwenpool. Hi i'm zombie deadpool. Hi i'm dog deadpool. Hi i'm little boy deadpool.

Hi i'm ant-man. Hi i'm ant-man. Hi i'm ant-man!

Hi i'm spider-man--AAHH! So many spider-mans running around! Can't do it!

By the way isn't there two black widows running around also? Why not a third?

Don't think a third black widow would be a problem. Plus, she had the name first anyways.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 12-29-2022 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I think she and Phantom Reporter got new names. I just don't remember them. But if you use GA Black Widow, the Phantom Reporter should show up as well (unless they broke up off panel).
    I remember than the Phantom Repoerter got the powers of the Fiery Mask but don't remember if he changed his name. About Claire, I am not sure either.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    They should have a teamup and you could address them having the same name. Maybe the founder of the Widow program knew the original?
    It is pretty much a good explanation, even if you had to explain why a soviet spy program would be named after an american little known heroine.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Hi i'm thor. Hi i'm jane thor. Hi i'm bill the horse thor. Hi i'm thor girl. Hi i'm thunderstrike thor. Hi i'm thunderstrikes kid thor. Hi i'm evil robot thor. Hi i'm clone thor created by odin pre heroes reborn marvel forgot about and is still running around somewhere. Hi i'm now dead clone heroes reborn thor marvel keeps forgeting to put on the avengers members lists.

Hi i'm ww2 torch, Hi i'm ff torch, Hi i'm now dead female torch.

Hi i'm alien vision marvel forgot about. Hi i'm robot vision. Hi i'm evil vision from another earth. Hi i'm teen boy vision killed years ago. Hi i'm teen girl vision.

Hi i'm original bad guy hulk. Hi i'm hero hulk. Hi i'm red hulk.

Hi i'm deadpool. Hi im lady deadpool. Hi i'm gwenpool. Hi i'm zombie deadpool. Hi i'm dog deadpool. Hi i'm little boy deadpool.

Hi i'm ant-man. Hi i'm ant-man. Hi i'm ant-man!

Hi i'm spider-man--AAHH! So many spider-mans running around! Can't do it!

By the way isn't there two black widows running around also? Why not a third?

Don't think a third black widow would be a problem. Plus, she had the name first anyways.
    Point taken. However the difference is than all those characters beyond name share a connection and similar powers. Outside their superhero name, Claire (demonic inspired powers) and Natasha (soviet clone supersoldier) had little in common.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I remember than the Phantom Repoerter got the powers of the Fiery Mask but don't remember if he changed his name. About Claire, I am not sure either.
    According to Wikipedia, they no go under the names Fire and Shadow. I don't know what Conde Nast thinks about that.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Don't get me wrong. It was good, but everyone was expecting one thing and were given another.

You have to understand that Justice Society Of America was widely considered to be DC's second best team book at the time. When Marvel announced they were dusting off their Golden Age characters people were hoping for something along those lines, something that was built to last.

Jay Michael Straczynski wrote The Twelve. He is a great writer but not the kind of writer you go to for what people were expecting from that title. You go to Kurt Busiek. Ultimately it was a good book that people kept judging for what it wasn't.

It's akin to complaining that someone got you a German chocolate cake when you wanted an Apple pie.
    I don't remember what I was expecting (if anything), but I liked what I got.
    Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I don't remember what I was expecting (if anything), but I liked what I got.
    A self-contained murder mystery with superpowers.