Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Amazing Spider-Man #16 preview: NOT PSYCHOREACTIVE GOO!!!

https://www.gamesradar.com/peter-par...spider-man-16/
    This is officially the most hilarious event I've ever seen. I'm convinced Dark Web is meant to be a joke at this point. This is beyond parody.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    https://www.gamesradar.com/peter-par...spider-man-16/
    This is officially the most hilarious event I've ever seen. I'm convinced Dark Web is meant to be a joke at this point. This is beyond parody.
    I laughed, I gotta be honest

Fantastic Member

I mean it’s clearly intended to be a joke, but it seems very tonally out of place to make one like that in the middle of this reveal. But that’s kind of been a problem all over this awful run

Astonishing Member

Chasm has a logo now, it seems

...I'm sorry, what?

Mighty Member

So at least Wells is self aware enough to know that his motivation for Chasm makes no sense, and he even lampshades it here with this bad joke. Titling your story "I suck at these characters!", sadly, doesn't excuse the fact that he sucks at writing these characters. My continued refusal to purchase anything Marvel remains safely unchallenged by this drek.

Quote Originally Posted by Sr. Bungle View Post
    I laughed, I gotta be honest
    I did too. Then i thought "not enough context." lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

i gave my eyes a sprain from rolling them so hard at the hackneyed dialogue.

I agree, this event is a parody. Or a failed comedy.

This was so hilariously bad that I’m starting to wonder if Wells ghost wrote X-Men Green.

Astonishing Member

The only mildly positive aspect of this is it seems Peter still sorta cares about Ben. But that’s it. Wells should at least make Ben a bit conflicted if he’s forcing him through another heel-turn. He just comes across as stereotypically eeeeviiiilll. He wants to destroy New York because…. reasons, I guess? Even his motivation as NuJackal made more sense, as awful as CC was.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ...I'm sorry, what?

The Psychoreactive Goo, Frontier.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    The only mildly positive aspect of this is it seems Peter still sorta cares about Ben. But that’s it. Wells should at least make Ben a bit conflicted if he’s forcing him through another heel-turn. He just comes across as stereotypically eeeeviiiilll. He wants to destroy New York because…. reasons, I guess? Even his motivation as NuJackal made more sense, as awful as CC was.
    Peter gotta be tired with the clones business last year it was harry and the kindred twins and beyond. at this point I'm expecting Kaine to take a swing at him
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Peter gotta be tired with the clones business last year it was harry and the kindred twins and beyond. at this point I'm expecting Kaine to take a swing at him
    Not to mention… the Ned Leeds clone, the Kraven clone, the Kafka clone, I think Billy and Martha Connors… am I forgetting anyone? Spidey office really has had clone whiplash. They went from the comics not even being able to mention the word “clone” to half the supporting cast being a clone of some type.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Not to mention… the Ned Leeds clone, the Kraven clone, the Kafka clone, I think Billy and Martha Connors… am I forgetting anyone? Spidey office really has had clone whiplash. They went from the comics not even being able to mention the word “clone” to half the supporting cast being a clone of some type.
    Don't forget, current Doc Ock is also a "clone"/copy too. The original died at the end of Superior Spider-Man.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    Don't forget, current Doc Ock is also a "clone"/copy too. The original died at the end of Superior Spider-Man.
    I thought Mephisto put his mind back in his old body and they (Anna Maria and the other lady) found one extra clone of the newer one in a vat whom they buried.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker