Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    spoilers:
    Right after the preview, you see Peter and Ben shooting webs at each other and Peter shows he been doing it longer and better, Ben webs was green electricity, they fight more, and Peter about to hit Ben from behind and Ben shows a new ability of a Spider Sense that does a forcefield that knock Peter back making Spider sense a offensive thing and he forms a blue axe and tried to hit Peter as Peter grabbed it and Ben made a club and hit Peter. Maddie, Venom and Hallow eve are in the Treehouse, Hallow put a Frankenstein mask and turns into a Frankenstein monster and kicks Venom into the treehouse as a division. back to Peter and Ben, Ben has a orange ball but Peter hit Ben, Peter tells Ben he doesnt want to hurt him, Ben hits him more saying thats why he will lose. and insist to be called Chasm. the orange ball is thrown and open a screen as Peter see Jonah and Robbie in agony in Limbo and Peter pissed, Peter insist for Ben to take him to Limbo and tentacles open out a portal and grabed Peter unmasked and Ben tells Peter hes going to enjoy wrecking NYC while Peter is rescueing his friends in Limbo and Peter wakes up in a nightmare demonic Bugle environment or now looking at it again, its a generic Hell workplace
    end of spoilers
    You know what? I wouldn't mind if Ben kept these new abilities when (and if) he gets cured. They genuinely sound kinda cool from what you're describing

So Spider-Man is now a Shonen Battle Manga?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Would honestly be an improvement at this point. At least it'll be entertaining

BANNED

If so, at least Wells seems aware of where the money's going to in this industry...

spoilers:
    Right after the preview, you see Peter and Ben shooting webs at each other and Peter shows he been doing it longer and better, Ben webs was green electricity, they fight more, and Peter about to hit Ben from behind and Ben shows a new ability of a Spider Sense that does a forcefield that knock Peter back making Spider sense a offensive thing and he forms a blue axe and tried to hit Peter as Peter grabbed it and Ben made a club and hit Peter. Maddie, Venom and Hallow eve are in the Treehouse, Hallow put a Frankenstein mask and turns into a Frankenstein monster and kicks Venom into the treehouse as a division. back to Peter and Ben, Ben has a orange ball but Peter hit Ben, Peter tells Ben he doesnt want to hurt him, Ben hits him more saying thats why he will lose. and insist to be called Chasm. the orange ball is thrown and open a screen as Peter see Jonah and Robbie in agony in Limbo and Peter pissed, Peter insist for Ben to take him to Limbo and tentacles open out a portal and grabed Peter unmasked and Ben tells Peter hes going to enjoy wrecking NYC while Peter is rescueing his friends in Limbo and Peter wakes up in a nightmare demonic Bugle environment or now looking at it again, its a generic Hell workplace
    end of spoilers
    With every issue of this story I become more and more glad I refused to give them any money for this tripe.

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

You mean...it isn't? I mean, it's got...

Sexy, Badass FMC's (and Shipping Wars!):
    Shonen3.jpg

Absurdly powerful villains:
    Shonen1.jpg

Ridiculously awesome power ups and attacks:
    Shonen.jpg

I rest my case. lol.

Note: Wells' run has caused the story to become even more disjointed(?) than it was back in Slott's days (with Spencer's run having peaks and valleys) but you can see the influences starting to creep in as far back as Spider-Verse with Solus killing Earth-13's Peter to show how much more powerful he is and then in Spider-Geddon we got Miles as Captain Universe amping up Sword Vigor to finish Solus once and for all. As for MJ, well...I'll admit I didn't read the issue that scan is from but its still a pretty badass moment.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 12-25-2022 at 02:13 AM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    You know what? I wouldn't mind if Ben kept these new abilities when (and if) he gets cured. They genuinely sound kinda cool from what you're describing
    So far, the journey Wells has put Ben through has... not been my favorite, but if the end result is Ben's personality is restored and he has some different powers, that might be worth the pain - Ben with different powers might have a place in Marvel's plans that "he's Peter, but slightly different" does not.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Incredible Member

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

Ya know it’s almost starting to get how easily this run gets leaked. Almost.

Still sounds dumb either way

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post

Shonen3.jpg

Shonen1.jpg

Shonen.jpg

I rest my case. lol.

Note: Wells' run has caused the story to become even more disjointed(?) than it was back in Slott's days (with Spencer's run having peaks and valleys) but you can see the influences starting to creep in as far back as Spider-Verse with Solus killing Earth-13's Peter to show how much more powerful he is and then in Spider-Geddon we got Miles as Captain Universe amping up Sword Vigor to finish Solus once and for all. As for MJ, well...I'll admit I didn't read the issue that scan is from but its still a pretty badass moment.
    That and Shonen leads tend to get the @#$% kicked out of them like Peter does.
    Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    So far, the journey Wells has put Ben through has... not been my favorite, but if the end result is Ben's personality is restored and he has some different powers, that might be worth the pain - Ben with different powers might have a place in Marvel's plans that "he's Peter, but slightly different" does not.
    I feel like if the Chasm stuff and the whole "villain spin" wasn't so contrived and trying to villainize him, it might go over better.

That and Shonen leads tend to get the @#$% kicked out of them like Peter does.
    Some have even died only to come back like a chapter later (i.e., Ichigo Kurosaki from Bleach), which I heard Peter died like nine separate times during Spencer's run and once off-panel in A.X.E. Also, if you think about it, Mephisto is now essentially the true Big Bad of the entire series (i.e., Ywach also from Bleach) and represents the "final boss/true mastermind" villain with Norman being the penultimate foe (regardless of his current state).
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 12-25-2022 at 10:13 AM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

Some have even died only to come back like a chapter later (i.e., Ichigo Kurosaki from Bleach), which I heard Peter died like nine separate times during Spencer's run and once off-panel in A.X.E. Also, if you think about it, Mephisto is now essentially the true Big Bad of the entire series (i.e., Ywach also from Bleach) and represents the "final boss/true mastermind" villain with Norman being the penultimate foe (regardless of his current state).
    And even the Mayan god Wayep who will seemingly be part of whatever Peter did's only other appearance since BND being a cameo chatting with Mephisto lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    And even the Mayan god Wayep who will seemingly be part of whatever Peter did's only other appearance since BND being a cameo chatting with Mephisto lol.
    It's all adding up so perfectly. Obviously the fifteen year long "1 MOR DY" arc will end with Peter regaining his memories, become worthy of being Captain Universe again by going on a journey to find The Sword in the Star and train for 100 issues to become worthy of wielding Mjolnir so he can take on his greatest foes: a revived Solus, Carnage-Norman possessed by Kuurth wearing the Goblin-Destroyer Armor, Wayep with the Asgardian Casket of Ancient Winters and Mephisto and when all of them lie dead he will finally, properly reunite with MJ. It's a long shot but it's the only shot he's got!

lol
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 12-25-2022 at 02:32 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Shonen3.jpg

Shonen1.jpg

Shonen.jpg

I rest my case. lol.

Invincible Iron Man, post-Secret Wars, by Brian Bendis, issue 5. Best parts besides MJ --- since the Spider-Office didn't want to use her at the time --- were the Model-Prime suit that was basically a Swiss Army Knife in terms of combining all the features of his previous armors into one sleek new adaptive hexagonal package and the "Biohack Ninja" he fought in a couple of issues, because I am a sucker for tech/cyber-enhanced ninja.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Invincible Iron Man, post-Secret Wars, by Brian Bendis, issue 5. Best parts besides MJ --- since the Spider-Office didn't want to use her at the time --- were the Model-Prime suit that was basically a Swiss Army Knife in terms of combining all the features of his previous armors into one sleek new adaptive hexagonal package and the "Biohack Ninja" he fought in a couple of issues, because I am a sucker for tech/cyber-enhanced ninja.
    Thanks! I might have to check it out, that all sounds pretty cool.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Thanks! I might have to check it out, that all sounds pretty cool.
    You're welcome.
    The spider is always on the hunt.