Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Even bigger shocker...Paul is the Psycho-Man! He just got a new body, probably a clone of Peter mixed with Psycho-Man's DNA. So...the Superior Psycho-Man!
    The Superior Purple Psycho-Man!
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I think Paul is F.A.C.A.D.E. and he's getting his revenge after all these years.
    I think he’s Fasaud. Purple Fasaud, actually.

Maybe he's Paul-ple Man.
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

Quote Originally Posted by scarletspidey View Post
    I don’t want to sound rude or be mean to those enjoying this, but what is it you are enjoying? Genuine question?

Just read it and it’s abysmal. Obviously you can tell by my username I’m a Ben Reilly fan, and his characterisation is being butchered but at least they keep reminding that it’s because of memories gone and psycho reactive goo… it still doesn’t really work and is dreadful but there’s an attempt at reasoning. Janine meanwhile, a character who I wasn’t claourming for to return or anything but has just decided to go full super villain for literally no reason, no motivation. And they’re throwing limbo demons at New York because…. I just don’t get how any of this makes sense in the world of spidey, Wells is having to make characters go so far out the realm of characters to do a sequel to and old story that I don’t think needed one (or anyone who wanted one) it’s all just such a stretch… on top of that the dialogue and pacing is also atrocious. I just don’t get it at all
    Seconded.

Even in a better world, where there was just some completely new bland generic villain in this story (as opposed to Not-Ben being written as a bland generic villain), then it still would have been utterly woeful stuff. But when you add in the idea that these are supposedly pre-existing characters with their own histories and motivations, that takes it to entirely new levels of mediocrity.
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

Quote Originally Posted by PanicPixieDreamGirl View Post
    Maybe he's Paul-ple Man.
    Yaaassss!!!

I saw this on twitter and I thought it was a meme, I didn't actually think that goo thing was real
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I saw this on twitter and I thought it was a meme, I didn't actually think that goo thing was real
    Oh, it's real. It's that radioactive Nickelodeon crap they used to pour on kids back in the 90s on game shows.
    Last edited by CaptainUniverse; 12-31-2022 at 04:32 AM.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    Oh, it's real. It's that radioactive Nickelodeon crap they used to pour on kids back in the 90s on game shows.
    Alas, yeah. That was Chasm's distorted recollection of how he became Chasm, as per Zeb Wells thinking he's writing a f***ing comedy instead of a tragedy, to reverse that line by Arthur Fleck in the Joker movie.
    The spider is always on the hunt.