Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Yeah…this is okay but there’s alot to do in just 2 more issues.

I suspect the dead heroes will join the “REBORN” universe and be resurrected by magic, with Hit Girl bringing back the heroes of the 80s due to time travel shenanigans. And, somehow, Kick Ass is going to save the day.
    The way the story is written, doesn’t seem like there is that much to do. Everyone is so easily killed, there’s not really been any conflict or suspense. Seems like the only one genuine conflict might be the final issue resolution. And even that might be as quick and easy as the setup.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    The way the story is written, doesn’t seem like there is that much to do. Everyone is so easily killed, there’s not really been any conflict or suspense. Seems like the only one genuine conflict might be the final issue resolution. And even that might be as quick and easy as the setup.
    Yeah. I think this might’ve benefitted from being around 8 issues so we could actually see more more battles or scenes between characters that made us care or at least expressed the stakes in a way that wasn’t just brutally butchering characters

Well, we have the final confrontation set up. I wished I remembered The Empress better. I might have to read an online synopsis to refresh.
    and
    spoilers:
    Is it down to Kick Ass and Hit Girl to save the day?
    end of spoilers
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

Glad Dave is back hope he and hit girl team up again for old time sakes also who is the main villain of this crossover and nemesis’s boss?
    Last edited by Toxin45; 10-29-2023 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Well, we have the final confrontation set up. I wished I remembered The Empress better. I might have to read an online synopsis to refresh.
    and
    spoilers:
    Is it down to Kick Ass and Hit Girl to save the day?
    end of spoilers
    Honestly, it's not really needed.

This is seemingly taking place before the series really begins.

Past that, it just happens to wind up near the start of that series.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    Glad Dave is back hope he and hit girl team up again for old time sakes also who is the main villain of this crossover and nemesis/s boss?
    Wait, seriously?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Wait, seriously?
    It was from older posts

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Honestly, it's not really needed.

This is seemingly taking place before the series really begins.

Past that, it just happens to wind up near the start of that series.
    Thanks, that makes a difference.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Big Game #5, series finale, comes out next week and will be a double size issue.

Bleeding Cool already posted spoilers from it.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/futu...me-5-spoilers/
    spoilers:
    Kick-Ass has a new costume, and it's completely different to his old one.

They refrained from posting what happens to his sidekick Hit-Girl, so that might be an even bigger status quo changer.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Alright todays the day of the big finale, and with that comes big fights and a whole new status quo that Millar is definitely teasing for the multiple sequels. I should also mention that with this issue, reading the Millarworld order, that Millar is cheating a bit with character appearances, by that I mean show up but aren’t even involved in the main plot.

spoilers:
    This issue is exactly what we want from this event. It’s the big crossover fight with all the toys out of the box. We got magic, time travel, spies, super genius, alternate dimensions, aliens, and of course superheroes. It’s Millar having fun and you’re either on the ride or not.

Now what’s left after the fight is where Millar clearly sequel baits with his now cemented shared universe. As bleedingcool already spoiled we see Kickass go on to be the new American Ambassador for the Ambassadors super team, which honestly for the character is a big moment. This is the kid who was truly dedicated to be a superhero to the point of injury that is finally achieving his dream.

However there is also a tease that while the Jupiter Legacy universe locked up the Fraternity, Nemesis is still on earth. No doubt Nemesis is gonna escape and get a sequel where he take revenge for losing.

We also tease follow up for Night Club and maybe Space Bandits. Although it’s space bandits where Millar is cheating. Because Sharkey the bounty hunter shows up again reestablishing that he’s after the Space Bandits as teased at the end of that series, with the reveal that the Space Bandits while this has all been going down have been sitting by the pool ordering drinks. Maybe it’s a tease for a space bandits and sharkey the bounty hunter crossover, but both characters just showing up after the fighting all to establish they are here when they did nothing is kind of odd.

But yeah that’s the short of it, the Fraternities plan failed, the world knows all these things exist again, and we likely have teases for whole new sequels after this. Hope you enjoyed the ride.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

…meh.

Don’t think this really showcased any Millar-creations at their best, which crossovers always should. I appreciate the effort, but it’s nothing memorable, unfortunately.

Quick question, I'm new to the Millar World. Are The Boys part of Big Game or the shared universe?

Quote Originally Posted by REVOLUTION View Post
    Quick question, I'm new to the Millar World. Are The Boys part of Big Game or the shared universe?
    No, the Boys is its own thing under a different comic company. Nemesis is about the closest thing to the Boys.

There is a posted reading order that will let you know all the books that are part of the Big Game Millarworld universe.
    Last edited by sifighter; 11-16-2023 at 06:36 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by REVOLUTION View Post
    The Boys is Garth Ennis, who hates super heroes, not Millar, who loves them.