Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Solicitation for issue 2

It's Nemesis versus the Ambassadors, the Night Club, the Magic Order, Kingsman, and every single Millarworld creation you have ever known and loved over the years. This book is a BLOODBATH drawn by the biggest artist working in comics right now that continues the comic book event of 2023 with over twenty Millarworld franchises SMASHED together.

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Solicitation for issue 3

Nemesis is murdering his way through all your favorite Millarworld characters. The Chrononauts are down, but now Kick-Ass, Hit-Girl, and Huck are in his sights. Will the Kingsman spy organization be able to stop him before he follows through on his master's wishes to wipe every single super off the face of the Earth?

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Somewhat off topic, but I suppose the first Nemesis comic is non-canon now since the second one is a reboot of the original and is the one that Mark Millar tied to the other Millar properties at the end of it.

There was also an implication in Kick-Ass that Marvel 1985 took place in the Millarworld, but how can that work if the year 1985 in Marvel 1985 is shown to be already similiar to the real world but Wanted stated superheroes were only defeated and people made to forget about them in 1986?
    Last edited by Ubauba01; 06-26-2023 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubauba01 View Post
    Somewhat off topic, but I suppose the first Nemesis comic is non-canon now since the second one is a reboot of the original and is the one that Mark Millar tied to the other Millar properties at the end of it.

There was also an implication in Kick-Ass that Marvel 1985 took place in the Millarworld, but how can that work if the year 1985 in Marvel 1985 is shown to be already similiar to the real world but Wanted stated superheroes were only defeated and people made to forget about them in 1986?
    Yeah Millar has said reloaded is a reboot to get the character more in line with what he wants to do shared universe wise.
    Words to live by.

Invincible Member

Ok, so I'm a few months behind. I've read the first two issues of Nemesis and I just read issue four of The Ambassadors. Here's something that made me raise an eye brow. When they recruit Bob Taylor from Australia at first they didn't want him because he's a racist politician, Chung changes her mind when he admits spoilers:
    he's been a closeted gay man for years. It's treated as a shocking twist. And they accept him. My thing is...why? First of all being gay doesn't or should mitigate one's racism. Sad to say, but racism exists in the gay community and there's a couple of real life prominent alt-right ascent social media stars who are gay.
    end of spoilers I kind of wish there was a line or two of "What? Why take this guy when there's all these other people we could accept?"

Having said that, there probably is an interesting character study someone could do with such a character, but I'm not so sure Millar is going to take us there...

Issue 1 is out, today!
    Words to live by.

Alright I want to talk about the comic, I’ll try my best not to spoil it.

So we get a lot of reestablishing characters and status quos in this first issue, and the reason for that is because Wanted is 20 years old, Kickass 15, Starlight 10, and so on and so forth. Millar is probably keenly aware that new readers who read only king of spies or prodigy or Night Club may not be up to date with what’s going on. Millar is also taking some time to connect stories, one key one being David of Kickass referencing a lot of other books.

There is one issue though, and that Millar has decided to do real time aging for his characters. So characters like Wesley and David from Wanted and Kickass are now 20 and 15 years older respectively compared to newer characters. It feels odd since we haven’t seen some of these characters since their last book but in some ways in helps because Wesley doesn’t look like Eminem anymore.

Which goes to the next part, Pepe Larraz’s art is great for this book. It really does well mingling in different elements of the story from the fantastical, to sci-fi, and of course superheroes.

Now the only question really hanging over this event is when all the weird stuff happens. Cause the Magic Order hasn’t shown up and apparently American Jesus is a part of this so I’m not really sure how that all gels together with something like Kingsmen who are also showing up in this story that is already referencing time travels, superheroes, and vampires. It’s really a wait and see if the plates can all spin together or be too big and knock some over.
    Words to live by.

It is very ambitious of Millar to hang all these series together. Some so powerful I don't see how the Wanted villains could overcome them, or even escape their notice. But I think it will be fun watching him try to do it.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    It is very ambitious of Millar to hang all these series together. Some so powerful I don't see how the Wanted villains could overcome them, or even escape their notice. But I think it will be fun watching him try to do it.
    Hit the "X..." sub-forum, and look for it's collective take on the most recent Hellfire Gala.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Hit the "X..." sub-forum, and look for it's collective take on the most recent Hellfire Gala.
    I stopped reading X books a couple of decades ago, so I doubt I will know what anyone is talking about. But I will take a look.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

To keep a tangent short...

The new "House Of X..."/"Powers Of X..." foundation sets mutantkind up against an outfit called Orchis.

Modest Spoilers...

spoilers:
    At the most recent Hellfire Gala, Orchis laid a roughly "Mutant Massacre..." level smack down.

Understandably, lots of "X..." fans threw some very specific flags on the play.

Even caught myself thinking, "But, Just Black Tom Cassidy Should Have..."

If it can happen there, just about any halfway decent writer should be able to do something similar.
    end of spoilers

Past that...

Hit this thread, and take a look at the solicit for the fourth issue...

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-solicitations

Pulling things together in twos or threes?

There is a lot of ground to hit a winning combination.

The fun will be watching Millar try to do this, whether it is completely successful or not. I think we will just have to go with it as he explains why the various Supers or Magics remained unaware of the villains ruling the world.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

Apparently this is the reading order for Big Game.

https://twitter.com/mrmarkmillar/sta...386243/photo/1
    Thanks for posting that - been very helpful. I love it when an line revisits its entire history. Big Game is such a wild idea combining everything - and things like this do not happen very often.

I noticed 'Huck' and 'Kick-Ass: The New Girl' arent on that list/graphic - but Huck definitely plays a part in Big Game (at least his jacket is in some of the art).
    Any guesses were they would fall in that reading order timeline?
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    Thanks for posting that - been very helpful. I love it when an line revisits its entire history. Big Game is such a wild idea combining everything - and things like this do not happen very often.

I noticed 'Huck' and 'Kick-Ass: The New Girl' arent on that list/graphic - but Huck definitely plays a part in Big Game (at least his jacket is in some of the art).
    Any guesses were they would fall in that reading order timeline?
    I’d have to guess that Huck is probably around when Starlight or Chrononauts came out. Huck after all was a small town hero and the public hadn’t learned about Night Club, the Ambassadors, or Nemesis yet so putting him right around when sci-fi and supernatural stuff starts to reappear but before the reappearance of legitimate superheroes seems right.
    Words to live by.