Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I’d have to guess that Huck is probably around when Starlight or Chrononauts came out. Huck after all was a small town hero and the public hadn’t learned about Night Club, the Ambassadors, or Nemesis yet so putting him right around when sci-fi and supernatural stuff starts to reappear but before the reappearance of legitimate superheroes seems right.
    Thanks - that makes sense.
    Also, would you un-officially consider Marvel 1985 part of the line?

Re-reading the past Millarworld stuff has been a treat after checking out Big Game - and seeing glimpses of characters I faintly remember from years ago. I always bought a millarworld book here and there thru the years. Big Game kinda made it that much more worth it following some of these books for so long.

Millar has been doing this a long time, and always been hit or miss - but his newest stuff has been pretty great (Night Club, Ambassadors) - plus theyve actually been releasing on time(!).
    The dude is on fire right now.
    Last edited by Destro777; 08-17-2023 at 05:09 AM.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    Thanks - that makes sense.
    Also, would you un-officially consider Marvel 1985 part of the line?

Re-reading the past Millarworld stuff has been a treat after checking out Big Game - and seeing glimpses of characters I faintly remember from years ago. I always bought a millarworld book here and there thru the years. Big Game kinda made it that much more worth it following some of these books for so long.

Millar has been doing this a long time, and always been hit or miss - but his newest stuff has been pretty great (Night Club, Ambassadors) - plus theyve actually been releasing on time(!).
    The dude is on fire right now.
    I’m gonna say no beca As I recall 1985 was about Marvel characters of that decade appearing in the real world and the trippy connotations that had for certain characters. Can’t say it really fits into things if I’m honest.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Issue 2 is out and **** does it go hard.

Issue 1 was set up but issue 2 was where Millar went off on the premise promised in the first issue and the end of Nemesis.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

When Nemesis went subzero it was a wrap!
    Mutant and Proud!

That was brutal. I wonder if Millar will keep all those people dead?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    That’s hard to say considering we are dealing with characters with access to magic, reality altering, and time travel.
    Words to live by.

That’s hard to say considering we are dealing with characters with access to magic, reality altering, and time travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Past that...

Hit this thread, and take a look at the solicit for the fourth issue...

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-solicitations

Pulling things together in twos or threes?

There is a lot of ground to hit a winning combination.

So...I think its late enough in the day, and I really want to talk about what happened. So I'm going to put a giant spoil box that people can avoid just seeing it.

spoilers:
    So the reveal is that Nemesis is not the main big bad. He's still a menace but he's not the head honcho. But someone we've seen for a long time by Miller is.

While we see Nemesis get his personal revenge, its his special mission for his master with the horns that gets us into Big Game. Because while the rest of the series has been relatively grounded, minus the nuke and some antics, its on his mission that he runs into a character named Black Lotus who references powers, super weapons, and magic, which have not been seen so far. And its after he succeeds in his mission we get the reveal...the Utopians ripped cape.

And then the mask comes off, literally, with the master in the demon mask being an older Wesley Gibson from Wanted and who proceeds to repeat the old adage of the world changed by villains, and then accepts Nemesis into the Fraternity for his success. It then flips in the end of the book with the first issue cover reveal with Wesley in full killer gear surrounded by the Fraternity with Nemesis included, surrounded by the props of series from Kick-ass, Hitgirl, Chrononauts, Huck, Night Club, the Magic Order, and possibly Starlight (may have been Superior's belt). And we also know the Ambassadors and Kingsmen are involved.

Meaning we are seeing a comic about a secret society of supervillains who killed the worlds heroes facing off against new heroes and other secret societies. This is going to be a lot more crazy then we thought.
    end of spoilers
    I'm late to the party, but that was a good twist.

It made me hunt down related comics I hadn't checked out yet like Magic Order and the Ambassadors.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Ok, so I'm a few months behind. I've read the first two issues of Nemesis and I just read issue four of The Ambassadors. Here's something that made me raise an eye brow. When they recruit Bob Taylor from Australia at first they didn't want him because he's a racist politician, Chung changes her mind when he admits spoilers:
    he's been a closeted gay man for years. It's treated as a shocking twist. And they accept him. My thing is...why? First of all being gay doesn't or should mitigate one's racism. Sad to say, but racism exists in the gay community and there's a couple of real life prominent alt-right ascent social media stars who are gay.
    end of spoilers I kind of wish there was a line or two of "What? Why take this guy when there's all these other people we could accept?"

Having said that, there probably is an interesting character study someone could do with such a character, but I'm not so sure Millar is going to take us there...
    There is an additional wrinkle with that one.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Mighty Member

I just got round to reading issue 1, and as someone who didn’t enjoy either Wanted or Nemesis, I found this issue great.
    It took all my problems I had with those comics and managed to fix them, to the point where once this event is done, I’ll be willing to revisit them to see if my mind has been changed on these stories.

I will read Issue 2 in the next few days, it’s kind of on my back burner for now. But I may get the will to go through it

Issue #3 continues the carnage! At this point, The Fraternity might as well be fighting toddlers.
    But, can Hit Girl save the day? I don't want to spoil anything, but is her discovery the thing
    that can bring all the heroes back?
    Last edited by GeneTitan; 09-21-2023 at 07:31 AM.
    Mutant and Proud!

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    Issue #3 was continues the carnage! At this point, The Fraternity might as well be fighting toddlers.
    But, can Hit Girl save the day? I don't want to spoil anything, but is her discovery the thing
    that can bring all the heroes back?
    Oh yeah Miller and Larraz are no doubt having fun just going “and now we kill them.”
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Yeah…this is okay but there’s alot to do in just 2 more issues.

I suspect the dead heroes will join the “REBORN” universe and be resurrected by magic, with Hit Girl bringing back the heroes of the 80s due to time travel shenanigans. And, somehow, Kick Ass is going to save the day.

Yeah, Miller is having fun killing his darlings. We see the Hit Girl plays a part with the timey wimry thingy.
    And I still wonder how Edison Crane got caught so flat footed and if those were time doppelgangers or something.
    Also, the fellow on next issues cover, was that from The Empress?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Yeah, Miller is having fun killing his darlings. We see the Hit Girl plays a part with the timey wimry thingy.
    And I still wonder how Edison Crane got caught so flat footed and if those were time doppelgangers or something.
    Also, the fellow on next issues cover, was that from The Empress?
    Taking a guess based on about how that cover looks?

I'd bet the box of jellybeans on it being King Morax from Empress