Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

I liked it. Maybe it was more clever than brilliant. But just incorporating so many moving parts was a feat in itself. And there were a lot of little things that were nice. spoilers:
    Cordelia telling Dave that his desire to be a Superhero warped reality to bring the others in. Paralleling the onset of the Millarworld. Then Dave explaining why the Magic Circle could be involved. "He calls himself a socerer"The big Avengers 97 spread as everyone comes in. The little cameos at the end, including Gibson's ignominious fate.
    end of spoilers

I'd say, he pulled off a crossover better than Marvel or DC has in years.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Alright todays the day of the big finale, and with that comes big fights and a whole new status quo that Millar is definitely teasing for the multiple sequels. I should also mention that with this issue, reading the Millarworld order, that Millar is cheating a bit with character appearances, by that I mean show up but aren’t even involved in the main plot.

spoilers:
    This issue is exactly what we want from this event. It’s the big crossover fight with all the toys out of the box. We got magic, time travel, spies, super genius, alternate dimensions, aliens, and of course superheroes. It’s Millar having fun and you’re either on the ride or not.

Now what’s left after the fight is where Millar clearly sequel baits with his now cemented shared universe. As bleedingcool already spoiled we see Kickass go on to be the new American Ambassador for the Ambassadors super team, which honestly for the character is a big moment. This is the kid who was truly dedicated to be a superhero to the point of injury that is finally achieving his dream.

However there is also a tease that while the Jupiter Legacy universe locked up the Fraternity, Nemesis is still on earth. No doubt Nemesis is gonna escape and get a sequel where he take revenge for losing.

We also tease follow up for Night Club and maybe Space Bandits. Although it’s space bandits where Millar is cheating. Because Sharkey the bounty hunter shows up again reestablishing that he’s after the Space Bandits as teased at the end of that series, with the reveal that the Space Bandits while this has all been going down have been sitting by the pool ordering drinks. Maybe it’s a tease for a space bandits and sharkey the bounty hunter crossover, but both characters just showing up after the fighting all to establish they are here when they did nothing is kind of odd.

But yeah that’s the short of it, the Fraternities plan failed, the world knows all these things exist again, and we likely have teases for whole new sequels after this. Hope you enjoyed the ride.
    end of spoilers
    wonder what happened to hit girl?

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    wonder what happened to hit girl?
    She went on being Hit Girl. We will probably see another series with her.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Well, Kick-Ass is no longer Kick-Ass, is he? Maybe she can seek out a new partner to wear that green costume?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Alright so a Nemesis sequel I expected, moving to Dark Horse I did not. But at least the library editions will be good.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joshwei...h=6784598a1f33
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.