Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Millarworld’s Big Game Event Discussion

Apologies if there is already a thread but I wanted to talk about another creator at image other then Kyle Higgins supermassive universe who is attempting to do a big crossover event. That being Mark Millar with Pepe Larraz (recently of X-men) Big Game, an event spinning out of recent series by Millar and other artists, starring characters from all across Millar’s work.

Because apparently the idea is that Night Club (teenage Vampires being superheroes), Nemesis: Reloaded, the Ambassadors, and the fourth volume of the Magic order leads into an event that will star all those characters plus from the looks of preview art posted by Miller, will included Kickass, Hit-girl, and what looks Eggsy from the Kingsman.

I will admit I do think some of Millar’s work is hit or miss, especially in its maturity level at times. I do like his more recent work though, just read the first issue of Night Club and thought that was fun. I also admit that I like seeing new shared universes come together in indie comics to see what bold new directions they can take. That said I also know that Millar’s been teasing for years that his Millarworld work is interconnected but I think this is the first time we’ve actually seen a big crossover of his books and I’m interested to see what happens.

I will respond to my own thread with the preview art for Big Game but do feel free to talk about how you all feel about what’s being set up.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

First Pic: What looks like the Ambassadors characters going up against the All-new Nemesis.

Second Pic: Hit-girl and what looks like Eggsy from Kingsman breaking into a secret base

Third Pic: The vampire kids from Night Club doing their best Spiderman

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Final Pic: What looks like David from Kick-ass being watched by the Magic Order cast

Words to live by.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/mark...erman-in-2024/

Also apparently Millar is planning spin-offs

Also the article I read announcing the Ambassadors and talking about the series leading to Big Game and the characters from other Millarworld series that will appear.

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/12/12/th...-image-comics/
    Last edited by sifighter; 12-22-2022 at 06:04 PM.
    Words to live by.

Invincible Member

I can't imagine that the story will have much substance, but the art looks really good.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I can't imagine that the story will have much substance, but the art looks really good.
    Yeah I hope that it will be more of the better quality of Millar books, like Starlight, Mph, Supercrooks, etc.

Some of his earlier works like Wanted and Nemesis were a bit much, so remains to be seen with the new Nemesis as a supposed reboot goes.

But as someone who likes to see indie comics try for new shared universe I’ll be hoping that it pulls through and is enjoyable.
    Last edited by sifighter; 12-23-2022 at 07:44 AM.
    Words to live by.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah I hope that it will be more of the better quality of Millar books, like Starlight, Mph, Supercrooks, etc.

Some of his earlier works like Wanted and Nemesis were a bit much, so remains to be seen with the new Nemesis as a supposed reboot goes.

But as someone who likes to see indie comics try for new shared universe I’ll be hoping that it pulls through and is enjoyable.
    shared universe outside of the big two are kinda hard like valiant does this,along with massiveverse,even disney comics. I not saying it is bad but i am now noticing a trend with recent series like spawn expaning his own shared universe and hellboy got his expanded universe too.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    shared universe outside of the big two are kinda hard like valiant does this,along with massiveverse,even disney comics. I not saying it is bad but i am now noticing a trend with recent series like spawn expaning his own shared universe and hellboy got his expanded universe too.
    Don't forget Jeff Lemire with the Black Hammer universe and now he's starting a horror universe.

IF (and that is very big if) I were to buy it then it would be in TPB I'm sick of buying Millar's books and waiting over 2 years for him to finish a 4 issue mini-series.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Don't forget Jeff Lemire with the Black Hammer universe and now he's starting a horror universe.
    Jeff Lemire is starting a horror universe?
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Jeff Lemire is starting a horror universe?
    He has two shared universes- Bone Orchard and Black Hammer. Bone orchard is the horror themed one.

So far Millar's work is hit or miss but I dug Night Club so I'll see how it goes. I don't mind the shared universe hook but it's harder to keep them interesting for long.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-23-2022 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    He has two shared universes- Bone Orchard and Black Hammer. Bone orchard is the horror themed one.

So far Millar's work is hit or miss but I dug Night Club so I'll see how it goes.
    Oh yeah I thought the first issue of Night Club was fun in the idea of using stereotypical vampire stuff to make a potentially cool superhero idea. Helps that the issues are also only $1.99
    Words to live by.

Amazing Member

wait, that Nemesis: Reloaded comic is actually coming out? i just assumed it would be solicited for years but never actually release.

Quote Originally Posted by twiztor View Post
    wait, that Nemesis: Reloaded comic is actually coming out? i just assumed it would be solicited for years but never actually release.
    Starting tomorrow it will be out in two weeks. According to interviews it’s basically a reboot.

https://imagecomics.com/comics/relea...sis-reloaded-1
    Last edited by sifighter; 12-27-2022 at 03:47 PM.
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberstrike View Post
    IF (and that is very big if) I were to buy it then it would be in TPB I'm sick of buying Millar's books and waiting over 2 years for him to finish a 4 issue mini-series.
    I feel like pretty much all of his series in the last half dozen years or so has come out regularly once it starts releasing. Now, there may be long gaps between sequels and things he says he intends to do might be years down the road, but it seems like once something starts releasing it comes out regularly. So it is not like issues 1 and 2 come out and then nothing for years. He gets that mini series out. You may not see the follow up volume for a long time but I can't think of anything in recent history that stopped releasing mid-series.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki