Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

So...I think its late enough in the day, and I really want to talk about what happened. So I'm going to put a giant spoil box that people can avoid just seeing it.

spoilers:
    So the reveal is that Nemesis is not the main big bad. He's still a menace but he's not the head honcho. But someone we've seen for a long time by Miller is.

While we see Nemesis get his personal revenge, its his special mission for his master with the horns that gets us into Big Game. Because while the rest of the series has been relatively grounded, minus the nuke and some antics, its on his mission that he runs into a character named Black Lotus who references powers, super weapons, and magic, which have not been seen so far. And its after he succeeds in his mission we get the reveal...the Utopians ripped cape.

And then the mask comes off, literally, with the master in the demon mask being an older Wesley Gibson from Wanted and who proceeds to repeat the old adage of the world changed by villains, and then accepts Nemesis into the Fraternity for his success. It then flips in the end of the book with the first issue cover reveal with Wesley in full killer gear surrounded by the Fraternity with Nemesis included, surrounded by the props of series from Kick-ass, Hitgirl, Chrononauts, Huck, Night Club, the Magic Order, and possibly Starlight (may have been Superior's belt). And we also know the Ambassadors and Kingsmen are involved.

Meaning we are seeing a comic about a secret society of supervillains who killed the worlds heroes facing off against new heroes and other secret societies. This is going to be a lot more crazy then we thought.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

<Slow Clap>

Millar has gone from strength to strength since his heel face turn post his illness, and this appears to be his masterpiece.

Millar, ya done good.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Strangely looking forward to this

I feel like it’s safe to post the first issue cover now.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

It’ll be edgy, and ridiculous - but I think Millar deserves that doing what he’s doing here. Good luck to him, to be honest.

Looks like we are going to learn more tomorrow

https://twitter.com/mrmarkmillar/sta...48921514897417
    Words to live by.

Big reveals at the end of Nemesis Reloaded leading directly to Big Game.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Not only new covers but some plot details as well.

Essentially the Fraternity ain’t having these new heroes who are popping up.

https://www.cbr.com/mark-millar-seri...wanted-sequel/
    Words to live by.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Not only new covers but some plot details as well.

Essentially the Fraternity ain’t having these new heroes who are popping up.

https://www.cbr.com/mark-millar-seri...wanted-sequel/
    I just hope this doesn't turn into a killing spree by the villains. I really like some of these characters (Dave, Huck, Roscoe and Rosa, and some more) and the truth is that I would not like to see them killed by someone like Nemesis.

Quote Originally Posted by AvP369 View Post
    I just hope this doesn't turn into a killing spree by the villains. I really like some of these characters (Dave, Huck, Roscoe and Rosa, and some more) and the truth is that I would not like to see them killed by someone like Nemesis.
    I mean the unfortunate truth is that likely we will see some deaths because they have to raise stakes.

Fortunately Millar in past series like Magic Order and The Ambassadors have shown people dying and coming back. Also some characters like the night club kids are more durable because well they vampires capable of healing via blood.

But I sadly suspect we are going to lose a few here considering we are dealing with a global hidden society of villains who have run the world for decades.
    Words to live by.

Mighty Member

I’m very curious about this one.
    On the one hand, Millar has written some of my earliesy comics, many of which I still look at in high regard, on the other hand, he has written some of the worst comics I’ve read.
    With 20 years of experience and the fact this looks like it’s trying to live up a certain promise, this may be something to look out for.

I’m hoping it’s good as I’ve not been too impressed with his creator owned projects.

Apparently this is the reading order for Big Game.

https://twitter.com/mrmarkmillar/sta...386243/photo/1
    Last edited by sifighter; 06-21-2023 at 05:36 AM.
    Words to live by.

There’s a preview out now for the first issue, though in fairness it’s just retelling the end of the superheroes from Wanted. It appears to be end of this worlds Batman and Green Lantern.

By the way this is definitely a flashback because characters from Wanted that were explicitly killed off are in the preview.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/mark...-batmans-next/
    Words to live by.

Words to live by.

Words to live by.