Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Alright so now I’m not sure how Big Game will go down or what it’s all about. Because according to Millar it’s not just his new series crossing over, it’s basically ALL OF THEM. Well 24 to be exact, didn’t even know his Millarworld stuff added up to 24.

https://comicbook.com/comics/amp/new...-ass-kingsman/
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

So according to an introduction by Mark Millar in the first issue about why he’s rebooting Nemesis, he announced that Big Game is expected to release in July. So that’s pretty cool to see.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Alright so now I’m not sure how Big Game will go down or what it’s all about. Because according to Millar it’s not just his new series crossing over, it’s basically ALL OF THEM. Well 24 to be exact, didn’t even know his Millarworld stuff added up to 24.

https://comicbook.com/comics/amp/new...-ass-kingsman/
    I guess it covers the stories he has the rights too like American Jesus from Vertigo.its similar to how Kyle Higgins retconned an earlier series he did called COWL into his Radiant Black series.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I guess it covers the stories he has the rights too like American Jesus from Vertigo.its similar to how Kyle Higgins retconned an earlier series he did called COWL into his Radiant Black series.
    I kind of get that but not every character Millar has written really flows well together. Kick-ass and Hitgirl are easy because all you have to do is street level stuff, Magic order is possible because secret magic society can probably erase some minds, Prodigy and Kingsman could work because it’s spy stuff and so on.

But stuff like Wanted, MPH, Chrononauts, Jupiter’s Legacy, and Starlight I’d imagine are a bit hard if not impossible in some cases. And American Jesus is literally about Jesus and the Anti-Christ, so how that fits into a world with Nemesis, Kick-ass, the magic order, and what not is something I need to see for myself.

I will wait and see for the end product of course.
    Words to live by.

I kind of get that but not every character Millar has written really flows well together. Kick-ass and Hitgirl are easy because all you have to do is street level stuff, Magic order is possible because secret magic society can probably erase some minds, Prodigy and Kingsman could work because it’s spy stuff and so on.

But stuff like Wanted, MPH, Chrononauts, Jupiter’s Legacy, and Starlight I’d imagine are a bit hard if not impossible in some cases. And American Jesus is literally about Jesus and the Anti-Christ, so how that fits into a world with Nemesis, Kick-ass, the magic order, and what not is something I need to see for myself.

I will wait and see for the end product of course.
    Years ago he talked about doing smaller crossovers between properties than 1 big one. So that would've been an easier approach than just putting them all in a blender and hoping for the best.

And he’s already working on Nemesis Reloaded sequel following Big Game

https://mobile.twitter.com/mrmarkmil...08573429436418
    Words to live by.

Ultimate Member

And he’s already working on Nemesis Reloaded sequel following Big Game

https://mobile.twitter.com/mrmarkmil...08573429436418
    Hmm...I wonder why the sudden interest in this specific old property. Nemesis was actually optioned for a movie some years back but died in development. I wonder if someone has picked it up again?

Incredible Member

Anyone know why Millar doesn't put out hardcovers for all these series? I'd love to have the Magic Order volumes as one omnibus, or Starlight as an OHC with its wonderful Moebius inspired art.

Bleedingcool just found an Amazon page. Aside from revealing that this will be for a total of five issues, it would appear that the bare basic plot is Nemesis from the current miniseries versus everyone Millar created. Basically evil Batman is the villain.

“Collecting the smash hit crossover event of 2023 where over twenty Millarworld franchises are brought together for the first time and chaos ensues. This is Nemesis versus Kick-Ass, Kingsman, Superior, The Magic Order, Huck, the Night Club and all your favorite characters from our comic books, movies and TV shows. Written by superstar writer Mark Millar (Civil War, Old Man Logan) and Marvel superstar artist Pepe Larraz (X-Men), this series is being released on the 20th anniversary of Millarworld's first ever book WANTED.”

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/20-m...h-pepe-larraz/

https://www.amazon.com/Big-Game-Mark...f_=as_li_ss_tl
    Words to live by.

By the way the lead up books are pretty good thus far.

Night club is my personal favorite, it’s just what if you have a couple teenagers superpowers and it just so happens to be vampires. It’s fun is all, and you can feel Spider-Man vibes.

Magic order is just more magic order, but going into overdrive with having a magic war take place. Some of it feels like just rehashing the first volume but it’s still interesting.

Nemesis Reloaded is just a bastard. Nothing is decent about this guy he’s literally just still psychopath Batman with a new origin going nuts on LA. Jorge Jimenez does great with art here.
    Words to live by.

By the way the lead up books are pretty good thus far.

Night club is my personal favorite, it’s just what if you have a couple teenagers superpowers and it just so happens to be vampires. It’s fun is all, and you can feel Spider-Man vibes.

Magic order is just more magic order, but going into overdrive with having a magic war take place. Some of it feels like just rehashing the first volume but it’s still interesting.

Nemesis Reloaded is just a bastard. Nothing is decent about this guy he’s literally just still psychopath Batman with a new origin going nuts on LA. Jorge Jimenez does great with art here.
    Yes, the current books leading up to "Big Game" are fun reads (thought I've only finished the first Volume of "The Magic Order"). "Night Club" is off to a good start and I can't wait to see how far Danny, Sam and Amy push their powers. Nemisis is a dick. If anything, i wanna see the Night Club Kids against Nemesis.
    "The Ambassadors" was a good first issue and I'm interested in seeing the rest of the team.
    I'm excited for this event.
    Mutant and Proud!

I don't think I missed it, but has the finale to Jupiter's Legacy remained unfinished?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I don't think I missed it, but has the finale to Jupiter's Legacy remained unfinished?
    He said something about this summer, but that’s also when Big Game comes out.

https://mobile.twitter.com/mrmarkmil...49935437963264
    Words to live by.

First issue solicitations dropped and…it’s redacted

BIG GAME #1 (OF 5)
    STORY: MARK MILLAR
    ART & COVER A: PEPE LARRAZ (CENSORED)
    COVER B: PEPE LARRAZ B&W VARIANT (CENSORED)
    COVER C: THE FORBIDDEN COVER by ARTIST UNDISCLOSED
    COVER D: FRANK QUITELY
    COVER E: TBA
    COVER F: TBA
    COVER G: BLANK SKETCH VARIANT
    JULY 19 / 32 PAGES / FC / M / $4.99
    MINISERIES PREMIERE
    The comics event of the summer is here!
    Okay, this is so top secret we can't even show you the main cover because it spoils something MASSIVE. Just trust us when we say that this is going to be the comic book event of 2023—and it's NOT what you're expecting.
    Does the crossover really go that wide? Yes, it does. BIG GAME pulls together KICK-ASS, KINGSMAN, NEMESIS, THE MAGIC ORDER, and ALL the Millarworld franchises in one special event. This must be ordered like CRAZY!
    Words to live by.

Well, I would definitely pick up Nemesis Reloaded #5 if you’re interested.

Not only does it have one big hell of a reveal that leads into Big Game but also it shows what I think are the books leading into the event and the cover to the first issue. Not going to post any of that right now because it’s early in the day but it’s very interesting.
    Words to live by.