Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member

Maybe she'll go back to the dark side where she belongs. Some characters just make excellent villains and Emma is one such character.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Maybe she'll go back to the dark side where she belongs. Some characters just make excellent villains and Emma is one such character.
    that's definitely not going to happen so I guess that sucks for you lol as she's helping out Stark and not endangering him. Shes been a hero far too long to go back being a full-blown villain
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    that's definitely not going to happen so I guess that sucks for you lol as she's helping out Stark and not endangering him. Shes been a hero far too long to go back being a full-blown villain
    I'm very much enjoying this era's Emma and I like this trajectory of her strengthening ties with other (big name!) heroes as the face of Krakoa. Can't wait to see what she's wearing for the next Gala.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Cool. It could pay off that marriage tease but hopefully Tony is less of a doormat this time. The snark has to be legendary.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Oh wow Duggan is really going all in with the X-ification of Iron Man's book and I'm here for it.

I wonder if he's the writer on the new Uncanny Avengers book, perhaps leaving adjectiveless to launch that? (not sure he can write 3 monthly books + his projects at other publishers)

Is she joining the cast or just guest staring for an issue/arc?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Astonishing Member

It may have finally occurred to editorial that the market isn’t big enough to be constantly setting the Marvel fandoms at each other’s throats

I'd be ok with Emma and Tony getting together. Emma has been alone since Scott went all Phoenix and killed Charles. Ever since Jean returned Scott's only had eyes for her (and rightfully so, IMHO). So it would be nice to see Emma have a relationship outside of Scott and, for my money, Tony makes a good amount of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    I believe his company is going to get bought out by a racist that'll use his tech to make Sentinels.
    Yep, some douche named Feilong over at Orchis is going to be behind it, from what I hear. But not the one from Street Fighter, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Shes been a hero far too long to go back being a full-blown villain
    100% I've loved her as a member of the X-Men, waaaay more interesting than when she was a cookie-cutter antagonist.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Maybe the whole point of bringing Stark in is to show what can be done and created when humans and mutants work together, rather than this continued tired who is better than who bs. Tony's mind combined with Krakoan tech and mutant minds is something I've wanted explored for awhile. We're talking about Sentinels made with Tony's tech so of course it would advantageous and necessary to have him on your side against Feilong.
    Yeah, that's definitely more inline with what I'm expecting from this. Could make for a rad story.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Is she joining the cast or just guest staring for an issue/arc?
    I'm not sure that has been made clear yet.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

You know.

I love it.

No midterms just love. Hope Polaris joins the Scarlet Witch book cast. Rogue with Captain Marvel (Glorious!) Magneto with Nova (When he back please make him come back )

I'm just curious to see the fan reaction if they actually hook up .

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Human technology prowess (even when they inevitably lose control of it) has consistently been the major of baselines over mutants

Hell, considering they keep retconning in ‘ancient and glorious mutant civilisations’ further and further into earth’s past (kind of defeating the whole ‘next step’ thing there surely) then the unintentional implication is that humans discovering even rudimentary technology (tools, fire, basic agriculture and medicine, writing etc) has been allowing baselines to outbreed and outcompete mutants since day 0
    I grew up with the notion that mutants and baseline humans benefit from the X-gene the Celestials put in them when they created humans, Deviants, and Eternals all from the same proto-human substrate. I will largely ignore the billion year old mutant civilization with that classical interpretation(that is certainly eroding more and more in the current canon). The X-gene gave humans the infinite variability of the Deviants, and the celestial potential of the Eternals.

mutantscelestials.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    That's hardly new. Doom's just human and he's Marvel's premiere villain. I think the implication is that some "humans" are freaks, just not in an x-gene way. That they are mutations, just not x-gene mutations. So they don't register on scans as mutants, but if you look at their feats, they are intelligence freaks to an insane degree.
    Mutates are simply humans that have activated their dormant X-Gene through artificial/technological/chemical/magical/external factors, as opposed to mutants who activate naturally, usually with the hormonal rush of puberty, but also potentially already activated at birth, or activating later in life*(sometimes with an external factor). So the distinction between human and mutant on earth, in terms of superhuman/powered individuals, is largely semantic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Maybe the whole point of bringing Stark in is to show what can be done and created when humans and mutants work together, rather than this continued tired who is better than who bs. Tony's mind combined with Krakoan tech and mutant minds is something I've wanted explored for awhile. We're talking about Sentinels made with Tony's tech so of course it would advantageous and necessary to have him on your side against Feilong.
    That said, the necessity to involve Stark is largely a creative/business/storytelling choice, not a prerogative. Duggan just wants to tell this story. There is no actual logical reason mutants haven't been able to take care of Orchis or Feilong, or whatever, other than artistic choice of the writers/editors. Between the millions of mutants on Earth and Arrako/Mars, there is nothing they can't accomplish. Particularly in regards to matching 'human intellect', Prodigy's power allows him to be smarter than T'Challa, Shuri, Tony, Amadeus, Bruce, that dino girl, and whoever else, all together at the same time, nevermind any other premiere telepath.

I actually prefer Emma as a villain too. She's basically like Ghislaine Maxwell to Sebastian's Jeffrey Epstein. I will never believe such a debauched slaver could ever reform enough to be a superhero, and even if she pretended to, she's just too vile to the core to be believed in such a role. If people enjoy her, or and a character like Sinister, for example, in protagonist roles, cast in entertaining lights, to each their own, but it never rings true for me.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    That said, the necessity to involve Stark is largely a creative/business/storytelling choice, not a prerogative. Duggan just wants to tell this story. There is no actual logical reason mutants haven't been able to take care of Orchis or Feilong, or whatever, other than artistic choice of the writers/editors. Between the millions of mutants on Earth and Arrako/Mars, there is nothing they can't accomplish. Particularly in regards to matching 'human intellect', Prodigy's power allows him to be smarter than T'Challa, Shuri, Tony, Amadeus, Bruce, that dino girl, and whoever else, all together at the same time, nevermind any other premiere telepath.
    I agree with that. It's taken a lot of suspension of disbelief to go along with the idea that the mutants haven't been able to take Orchis out. I hope this coming war between the two sides ends conclusively as it's been a few years of buildup now.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I usually enjoy Emma and she and Tony share a few characteristics so this can be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    That's hardly new. Doom's just human and he's Marvel's premiere villain. I think the implication is that some "humans" are freaks, just not in an x-gene way. That they are mutations, just not x-gene mutations. So they don't register on scans as mutants, but if you look at their feats, they are intelligence freaks to an insane degree.
    Yeah Doom is a freak of nature. There are some big brains among mutants as well but to my knowledge they usually fall on one of two categories.

1)Specialize in biology/genetics (Moira, Xavier, Essex, McCoy)

or

2)Their intellect is a result of their x-gene or specialize in an area closely related to their powers (Forge, Prodigy, Magneto's affinity towards machinary and engineering)

I think there should be more mutant scientists that doesn't fall on either category. I think the reason as to why there aren't many such examples is because mutants don't require knowledge and study to bend nature to their will. A meteorologist need a good understanding of applied math and physics to begin to understand weather let alone manipulate it. On the other hand Storm already has an innate understanding of weather and she can manipulate it on a planetary scale with a gesture of her hands. Magneto's intellect while impressive mostly feels like a neat side effect of his powers. The contrast is funny when you compare it to someone like Reed whose real power, elasticity, at times feels like an afterthought compared to his vast knowledge in many scientific fields. Lorna has a doctorate in geophysics and while there is still a connection between that and her powers it's actually pretty cool and I'd like to see that explored.

Astonishing Member

Eh you might have something if they hadn't just tried to shove Emma back in the villain role not even 5 years ago. It sucked. Everybody hated it.

Imo Emma works much better as an antihero with a slightly skewed moral compass who's always straddling that line between good/evil.