Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Emma Frost joins Iron Man cast in April

https://www.gamesradar.com/emma-fros...-man-in-april/

*sigh*

The internet's going to break in half from all the arguments this will generate, won't it?

Aren't they implied to be married in some prophecy?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Aren't they implied to be married in some prophecy?
    In History of the Marvel Universe, Galactus is starting to break apart as he reaches the end of his life cycle and when his armor breaks away it shows all these visions of what was the past to them and the future to us at the time of that series coming out and it was stuff like the coming of Knull, the tragic fate of Luke Cage and Jessica Jones' second child, the wedding of Tony and Emma as well as the final fate of Mephisto.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Extraordinary Member

Hope he built some new telepathy blockers.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Ugh. Not a fan of this character.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    In History of the Marvel Universe, Galactus is starting to break apart as he reaches the end of his life cycle and when his armor breaks away it shows all these visions of what was the past to them and the future to us at the time of that series coming out and it was stuff like the coming of Knull, the tragic fate of Luke Cage and Jessica Jones' second child, the wedding of Tony and Emma as well as the final fate of Mephisto.
    Yeah, and almost everything else has now happened (Outlawed, King in Black, Empyre...). The only ones that haven't are the last three you mention there, though at the end of Devil's Reign, Luke and Jessica did take in one of Purple Man's kids, presumably the second child mentioned there, so that one's been set up. And Mephisto is probably the current storyline in Avengers. Which just leaves Tony and Emma.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

Of course this would be the route Duggan would take. He was the worst person to take over the book, his insatiable love of mutants in general and Emma in particular was always going to seep into whatever non x-book he wrote and now Iron Man gets to suffer as a result. Instead of Tony doing his own thing and having his own adventures he is now a side piece in the X-men's story. And of course he no longer has his company and is at rock bottom, this is like a running gag at this point. But don't worry here comes Duggan's pet Emma to step in and save the day, for the foreseeable future Iron Man is going to be a glorified satellite x-book. If you're a Emma fan then all is great; Tony fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Ugh. Not a fan of this character.
    I’m not either. She’s one of the main reasons I stay away from the X-Men franchise.

Cool. It could pay off that marriage tease but hopefully Tony is less of a doormat this time. The snark had to be legendary.

So will they actually hook up?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    I’m not either. She’s one of the main reasons I stay away from the X-Men franchise.
    Me too. I guess my memory is too long. I remember the things she did from the older X-Men comics, how she messed around with Scott Summers mind to steal him away from Jean. IIRC she even created the illusion that she was Jean.

Heck the whole Hellfirfe Club is considered acceptable in X-Men society aren't they?

Me too. I guess my memory is too long. I remember the things she did from the older X-Men comics, how she messed around with Scott Summers mind to steal him away from Jean. IIRC she even created the illusion that she was Jean.

Heck the whole Hellfirfe Club is considered acceptable in X-Men society aren't they?
    The Hellfire club is another reason I don’t get into the X-Men.

Only in the Krakoa era, where it became the Hellfire Trading Company. They were very much villains before that.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The Iron Man and the Diamond Lady has a nice ring to it, though.

The first issue was good so looking forward to it. I do find it kind of funny the wrap x-fans get for apparently hating the avengers and hating everything marvel that isn't mutant but yet all these outside books that have welcomed mutants in some form have been getting the benefit of new readers. I see x-fans excited but it feels like we can't have either, the same people saying mutants need to stay where they are were complaining about isolation and now that mutants are getting small parts in the main line it's "they don't belong here either" which is it?
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/