Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

We have an alleged criminal as the star of our film that we’ve sank so much money into! What to do………Batman will save us!!! I admit that Afleck and Keaton do have me excited but I hope to never see Ezra in this role again.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    He claims he’s non-binary, which has been disputed somewhat by the actual life he leads. I should be more respectful, but I don’t think Miller is particularly deserving of respect.
    No. Whatever your feelings on this matter, you need to respect how someone identifies. Period. If you only 'accept' it when you like the person, then you aren't truly being inclusive.
    #truthbombOFLOVE
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    No. Whatever your feelings on this matter, you need to respect how someone identifies. Period. If you only 'accept' it when you like the person, then you aren't truly being inclusive.
    #truthbombOFLOVE
    #Science101OverFeelings

The trailer honestly looked great. Ezra needs some mental health help but I still don’t think that excuses the behavior and actions.
    It’s funny to me Ezra may be the one who continues on in the new DCU when no one else is or might. That’s some serious Hollywood protection.

Not going to lie I don't care if someone wants to be called, he or she it's your business. But I find the "They/Them" annoying. Simply because when talking about them in association to others it becomes confusing when you mean it as plural vs singular. Miller in particular hasn't earned my effort so if I ever accidently use he/him when talking about Ezra just know I don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    #Science101OverFeelings
    I didn't get the reference, apologies. What was this regarding?

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Not going to lie I don't care if someone wants to be called, he or she it's your business. But I find the "They/Them" annoying. Simply because when talking about them in association to others it becomes confusing when you mean it as plural vs singular.
    It's just one of those things people don't really need to 'get' or understand, merely respect and apply as best they can. Mistakes get made, but as long as we learn and grow from them, good will triumph.

SIDE NOTE: And truthfully (and this isn't really aimed at you, more a thought I've always had that I'm sharing now) I've never understood the 'grammatical' arguement. Who cares about grammar more than basic human acceptance? I mean care about grammar, 100%, grammar is awesome... but over someone's wishes of how they identify? That's never made sense to me. Who picks to safe guard the feelings of a dictionary over a person???

Miller in particular hasn't earned my effort so if I ever accidentally use he/him when talking about Ezra just know I don't care.
    Again, if we want to build a better world (which I like to think we all do), reserving decency and tolerance ONLY for those we like or feel 'deserve it', misses the point. They're a human being, and should be afforded basic human decency; which includes using the pronouns they want.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 02-13-2023 at 09:47 AM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Will Smith smacked a guy and is now in Hollywood purgatory meanwhile Ezra Miller out here making blockbusters...
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Will Smith smacked a guy and is now in Hollywood purgatory meanwhile Ezra Miller out here making blockbusters...
    I don't think anyone's specifically hiring him currently, surely? Merely releasing the film he already made. It's like Smith's Emancipation (2022). He wasn't hired post slap to film it, Apple+ merely HAD hired him, filmed it and just held off the release till things calmed down. Filming for this Flash movie was wrapped... 2021?

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I won't be seeing the film in theater, I wasn't with or without the Ezra crimes. But the film may turn out interesting. And Ezra won't escape scrutiny, but feels like forces are trying.

A September report from Vanity Fair claimed that Miller and their team have been using a “whack-a-mole style legal strategy,” citing three unnamed sources. According to the sources, Miller has been paying off alleged victims and requesting nondisclosure agreements.
    https://www.thecut.com/2023/01/ezra-...legations.html
    https://archive.is/AWHJp#selection-1979.0-1985.231
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

You don't promote a movie by saying your lead star is a creep and needs help and will never be in another DC movie again. Especially when it's a huge film that has a budget of small countries(hyperbole). You say the right things and then when the movie is out and all the money is in, you disavow him. I would guarantee you that if Flash had not been made, he would have been kicked to the curb so long ago. Everyone is replaceable! Just ask Dick York...

I don't think anyone's specifically hiring him currently, surely? Merely releasing the film he already made. It's like Smith's Emancipation (2022). He wasn't hired post slap to film it, Apple+ merely HAD hired him, filmed it and just held off the release till things calmed down. Filming for this Flash movie was wrapped... 2021?
    I love seeing Keaton again as Batman, but Miller choked a woman on camera a year before filming started. This movie should have never been made and if Miller wasn't a white male and I'm talking sex and not gender it wouldn't have or at least not with Ezra.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I ask the same thing about Russell Crowe. I normally don't wish the worst on people, but he's somebody that I think completely deserves it. He and Ezra Miller are total pieces of... I also can't stand Christian Bale either.

Let's face it, 90% of the fans don't give a crap about Flash. Its the Batmen most want to see. I seriously don't see Ezra's Career moving forward after this.

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

I didn't get the reference, apologies.
    No worries, what I was saying is how one feels in their head on a certain day does not trump basic biology. They are, of course, more than welcome to believe what they want.

I love seeing Keaton again as Batman, but Miller choked a woman on camera a year before filming started. This movie should have never been made and if Miller wasn't a white male and I'm talking sex and not gender it wouldn't have or at least not with Ezra.
    Ezra is Jewish. I’m not sure Ezra would be labeled as “white.” Maybe, maybe not.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I ask the same thing about Russell Crowe. I normally don't wish the worst on people, but he's somebody that I think completely deserves it. He and Ezra Miller are total pieces of... I also can't stand Christian Bale either.

Let's face it, 90% of the fans don't give a crap about Flash. Its the Batmen most want to see. I seriously don't see Ezra's Career moving forward after this.
    Wait, what did Russell Crowe do?

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    No worries, what I was saying is how one feels in their head on a certain day does not trump basic biology. They are, of course, more than welcome to believe what they want.

Ezra is Jewish. I’m not sure Ezra would be labeled as “white.” Maybe, maybe not.
    Judaism is not a race it's a religion and jewish people come in all forms of color and Ezra is definitely white.

The average person if they didn't know Ezra's pronouns or religion would simply identify Ezra as a "White Dude".

Well damn that looked good.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.