Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    That's straight from the comics. It was also done on the Flash tv show. Barry goes back in time for selfish reasons to save his mom, and breaks time in the process.
    I know, it's just after so many years of getting it regurgitated constantly, I'm tired of Barry Allen and his dead mom drama.

And it wasn't even selfish to begin with. Thawne went back in time and killed his mom upsetting the timeline in the first place.

This is the Flashpoint story. From what I can tell from this trailer, instead of a war between Atlantis and Themyscira causing Armageddon, they are going to substitute Zod's attack for the event that would destroy the world. And instead of Clark being locked up in a bunker by the government, it will be Kara instead. And Clark murdered a bunch of soldiers when he was freed as well.

The actress that played Iris in Zack Snyder's Justice League was also supposed to be in this; it's probably that she won't have a lot of screen time due to the nature of the story. And frankly, with them being set on making a Flashpoint story, it's probably best that they don't include the Rogues at this time. Save them for a sequel that can focus solely on The Flash.
    I just wish this was more Flash-centric and not just a Flashpoint story which seems to always be peoples' go-to for The Flash, especially since it means they can reboot everything. This isn't even the first time they've done it.
    I do hope that we get either a callback, or they just straight lift the scene, of Ezra and Grant meeting during Crisis. Though I doubt we will, if only because he was in the old costume in that.
    I would like to see him acknowledge he got the idea for his name from another Flash.
    I do agree with this. You'd think after Green Lantern they'd shy away from a cgi-animated suit. John Wesley Shipp's 90's Flash suit looked better than this.
    Grant Gustin's current suit looks better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Wand View Post
    No worries, what I was saying is how one feels in their head on a certain day does not trump basic biology. They are, of course, more than welcome to believe what they want.

Ezra is Jewish. I’m not sure Ezra would be labeled as “white.” Maybe, maybe not.
    Uh, hi. White Jewish male right here. So yeah, they'd be 'white'.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know, it's just after so many years of getting it regurgitated constantly, I'm tired of Barry Allen and his dead mom drama.

And it wasn't even selfish to begin with. Thawne went back in time and killed his mom upsetting the timeline in the first place.
    I'm actually fuzzy on something- in the comics, did Barry KNOW it was Thawne who killed his mother when he went back to save her? He figured it out in the TV show, but I can't remember if he knew Thawne murdered his mother, or if he thought it was a random crime when he went back, and found out AFTER he saved her that it was Thawne.

I just wish this was more Flash-centric and not just a Flashpoint story which seems to always be peoples' go-to for The Flash, especially since it means they can reboot everything. This isn't even the first time they've done it.
    I get that. I wonder- this movie has been in development hell for years. Hell, it was first announced the same day as the ratings for the pilot episode of The Flash tv show came out, which pissed off a lot of people. I wonder if they tried cracking a solo Flash movie, and for some reason couldn't. Or if they immediately wanted to do a Flashpoint movie for some reason.

I would like to see him acknowledge he got the idea for his name from another Flash.

Grant Gustin's current suit looks better than this.
    Agreed on both points. They finally nailed the Flash suit on the show- just in time for it to end.

Incredible Member Wandering_Wand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Judaism is not a race it's a religion and jewish people come in all forms of color and Ezra is definitely white.

The average person if they didn't know Ezra's pronouns or religion would simply identify Ezra as a "White Dude".
    Uh, hi. White Jewish male right here. So yeah, they'd be 'white'.
    Hi all,

I am well aware that Judaism is a religion. I was referring to a common belief that many Jews (not all!) hold that some Jewish peoples are ethnically in their own categories. I thought this was actually a little more well known than it is, apparently.
    I won’t pretend to know all of the details but I have inquired with some Jewish people about this and some believe it while others say it’s more of a mixed bag.

I won’t detract from this thread on this subject anymore as it’s veering away from the original topic but I did think it was a minor note to consider Ezra may or may not consider being white vs. Jewish or some mix between the two based on what I was aware of.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I also can't stand Christian Bale either.
    Wait, what did Christian Bale do to get lumped in with the other two???
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    I remember an accident where he was arrested in London for assaulting his mother and sister at a hotel. There the infamous recording of him berating a stage hand on the set of Terminator salvation for screwing up the lighting.

I'm actually fuzzy on something- in the comics, did Barry KNOW it was Thawne who killed his mother when he went back to save her? He figured it out in the TV show, but I can't remember if he knew Thawne murdered his mother, or if he thought it was a random crime when he went back, and found out AFTER he saved her that it was Thawne.
    I may be totally mis-remembering but I feel like he realized something was off and that's why he went back the first tie.
    I get that. I wonder- this movie has been in development hell for years. Hell, it was first announced the same day as the ratings for the pilot episode of The Flash tv show came out, which pissed off a lot of people. I wonder if they tried cracking a solo Flash movie, and for some reason couldn't. Or if they immediately wanted to do a Flashpoint movie for some reason.
    I think some of the first drafts were a more standard Superhero solo film. It wasn't until the DCEU became more shakey that they shifted towards it being a Flashpoint adaption.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Because he was Batman and that one scene of Batman on the Batbike...was that Bale? It may be Keaton but I can't be 100% sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I remember an accident where he was arrested in London for assaulting his mother and sister at a hotel. There the infamous recording of him berating a stage hand on the set of Terminator salvation for screwing up the lighting.
    Yep. I don't care how good of an actor he is, this guy is a horrible person.

Astonishing Member

Miller's allegations aside . . . It's a Flashpoint movie. And I really just don't want to watch a Flashpoint movie. I already didn't like the retcon to Barry's past. But once I read that comic after years of people suggesting it, I just thought "This is it? It's basically just House of M but for DC". Never mind that the whole moral of the story is bizarre in its implications. Barry shouldn't go back and stop his mom from being killed because that's "selfish" and he has to move forward. But that only makes sense if she was killed in the natural course of events. Instead, she was killed by a time-traveling psychopath. So, Thawne should just be allowed to do this stuff? Because apparently Thawne messing with the time stream doesn't do anything besides make Barry sad. What is Thawne's punishment for this crime? Are there time police? If Thawne can time travel and Barry can time travel, why can't he stop Thawne in the moment that it's happening? Because it's not "in the past" if you're a time-traveler? It's always happening right now. (God, I hate time travel paradoxes).

Sorry. I went on a bit. Anyway, I like the idea of a Flash movie, just not like this.

I don't have a problem with a Flashpoint story personally, and really it is all the other stuff that has me interested in this, at all. The allegations about Miller aside ... honestly, I just don't even care for the guy as an actor, and I really never liked him for the Flash, to begin with. Like, outside of anything to do with his personal life. And yeah, the suit doesn't look great. Just a weird look for it all around, IMO. Why kinda armored? Is he meant to look like a stealth plane or something? Because that's not a "speed" look, but a "stealth" look.

Anyways, excited for this, but again not so much for it as a Flash movie. They can always try another, different movie later. This does look potentially fun as a one off tho.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    I don't have a problem with a Flashpoint story personally, and really it is all the other stuff that has me interested in this, at all. The allegations about Miller aside ... honestly, I just don't even care for the guy as an actor, and I really never liked him for the Flash, to begin with. Like, outside of anything to do with his personal life. And yeah, the suit doesn't look great. Just a weird look for it all around, IMO. Why kinda armored? Is he meant to look like a stealth plane or something? Because that's not a "speed" look, but a "stealth" look.

Anyways, excited for this, but again not so much for it as a Flash movie. They can always try another, different movie later. This does look potentially fun as a one off tho.
    I think the Flash is one of the few heroes that an armored look makes sense for. I would assume it needs it for the pressure he puts his body through going so fast. Not like he can strap himself like a nascar driver or a pilot.

Retired

Everyone here is so chill. While I'm still freaking out about Batman. Michael Keaton. I can't contain my excitement.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    How do you feel about the murder of Bruce Wayne's parents? Time to let it go? Stop focusing on the past? No more comic book stories about past histories of the Waynes?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I think the Flash is one of the few heroes that an armored look makes sense for. I would assume it needs it for the pressure he puts his body through going so fast. Not like he can strap himself like a nascar driver or a pilot.
    an Armor that would need inertia damping and a G force countering systems.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    How do you feel about the murder of Bruce Wayne's parents? Time to let it go? Stop focusing on the past? No more comic book stories about past histories of the Waynes?
    Well, I'm not the person you're asking. But I'd say: maybe. I'd at least like to see him take positive steps forward. Maybe seeing a therapist. Mind you, writers always seem to be looking for new ways of causing Batman emotional pain that they can exploit. Back during the '90s it was his brief use of the drug venom. At various points through the '90s into the 2000s, it was the death of Jason Todd. So, they'll find something else.

The thing about the death of Nora Allen and the incarceration of Henry Allen is that it was a retcon from 2009 and was completely unnecessary. Not only didn't Barry ever need the added baggage, it's not even original baggage. It's a rework of the back story Johns gave to Hunter Zolomon. But then, I think there are a lot of retconned-in tragedies that didn't need to be there. For example, the death of Hal Jordan's father never felt completely justified and that's been on the books since Emerald Dawn.