Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default what do you think is the most paused movie scene in cinematic history

The Most Paused Movie Scenes in Hollywood History
    https://www.heraldweekly.com/the-mos...ywood-history/

Some of the most critical moments in movies happen so quickly you simply have to pause them to understand exactly what’s happening. Some movie scenes are so pause-worthy we just can’t help but pause, rewind, and watch them over and over again.
    The 10 most paused scenes in cinema history
    https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/10-most...inema-history/

Take A Look At The Most Paused Movie Scenes Of All-Time
    https://seeitlive.co/most-paused-movie-scenes-all-time/
    If there’s one thing movie makers love to do, it’s to play games with the viewers. They love to add Easter Eggs to the movie, create suspense, and to even put little extras or quick glimpses in movies that will only make the most active viewers stop and want to rewind. They want the user to think, “Wait, what did I just see?” And I don’t think any of them blame them! There’s more to movies than just the plot, and this is a creative way to reward viewers for taking the time to watch the movie.

When these things happen in theaters, it makes you want to watch the movie again. Thankfully, movies nowadays are released on streaming platforms and on DVD/Blu-Ray pretty quickly. This allows us to watch those specific scenes in movies (sometimes over and over again!) to see if we really saw what we saw. In fact, some of these Easter Eggs and iconic scenes in movies have become the most paused movie moments in film history!
    The 15 Most Paused-On Movie Scenes in Film History
    https://www.mandatory.com/culture/15...s-film-history

Movie scenes can be startling or memorable for a variety of reasons; big reveals, sudden deaths, genitalia…”Wait, what? Pause and rewind that!” Sometimes things appear on screen that audiences can’t take their eyes off of, like an Easter egg, cameo, or editing blunder, resulting in them hitting the pause button to investigate. More often than not, these “blink and you’ll miss it” moments have something to do with sex…or Disney animation. Other times they’re just good old-fashioned foreshadowing. That said, here are some of the most paused-on movie scenes in film history.
    Top 10 Most Paused Movie Moments of all time:
    https://knovhov.com/most-paused-movi...s-of-all-time/

For me the most paused scene in the cinematic history was Sharon Stone's infamous leg-crossing scene in Basic Instinct.
    It has been named the most-paused moment in movies. The scene - in which she is apparently not wearing underwear - caused a sensation when the film was released in 1992

https://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...224-1b6xt.html

Phoebe Cates, Fast Times at Richmond High.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Obviously...

Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

From Fight Club (1999), every appearance Tyler Durden made before his "grand entrance"...

Titanic. You know the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Phoebe Cates, Fast Times at Richmond High.
    I mean, Yeah...I had it on VHS and yeah....
    Porky's shower scene too...

Exclamation

It is from a B-movie but I'd bet the Critters 2 (1988) scene in which one of the shapeshifting alien body hunters turns into a Playboy Centerfold has to be high on any list of paused (and rewound) scenes. For some inexplicable reason, it/she bursts out of all that tough bounty hunter gear and gets naked in other words the scene is every horny teen boy's (and more than a few horny teenage girls') dream. When I first saw the scene as a teen back around 2000 I could hardly believe such gratuitous cheesecake nudity occurred randomly in a P-13 movie, you have to love the old rating system.

Edit - Fun fact, Men in Black II parodied the infamous Critters 2 centerfold scene with its (much tamer) opening scene of the alien warlord Serleena's human disguise transformation. She morphed into a scantily clad lingerie model.
    Last edited by Celgress; 12-24-2022 at 09:23 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Retired

BASIC INSTINCT is the obvious one. For myself, personally, MULHOLLAND DRIVE--for the plot and for the plot--and LOGAN'S RUN--for the plot.

Kane's death in Alien (1979) because it was WTH!? the same goes for the end of OG Planet of the Apes (1968). I bet those scenes have been paused and/or rewound a fair deal by many people.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Most paused for me when I was younger was when Leo DiCaprio fell out of the bed in Romeo+Juliet, for a hopeful glimpse of his you-know-what.

Ultimate Member

Once we had it available to watch at home, the 'Puny god' scene in Avengers, because everybody in the theater was laughing so hard we could never here what Hulk said to Loki as he walked away. That's the only repeat-rewind I can remember that isn't scurrilous.

Although we did rewind the 'Tick, tock, mother****er' scene from Hitman's Bodyguard a bunch, so that we could get a clean sample of it as a ringtone for our alarms.

All the fight scenes from...

Knockin' on Heaven's Door
    (劇場版 カウボーイビバップ 天国の扉)

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-26-2022 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Rewatching something isn't the same as pausing a scene. It's an important distinction, imo.

(but yeah, Pheobe Cates...)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by krazijoe View Post
    I mean, Yeah...I had it on VHS and yeah....
    Porky's shower scene too...
    What's that about?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Titanic. You know the scene.
    No, which one? Where Leo died?