Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I'm surprised that no one on here has responded to my MULHOLLAND DRIVE reference. I thought someone else on here would have that experience. The movie turns anyone who watches it into a detective trying to figure out what happened. And to do that you have to keep rewatching and pausing certain scenes to find clues. Even then you don't know the answer. You can only guess. It's like going mad for a little while.
    I saw it in the theater so I couldn't pause if I wanted. And it's Lynch - I expect a trippy, psychological exploration, not a tightly constructed mystery. When has anyone been able to figure out a David Lynch film?

Something I did used to pause a bunch: Almost any shot of Boba Fett from "SW:TESB". I was at the right age where I thought he was the friggin' coolest, but he shows up so briefly, I would pause just to enjoy seeing him on screen.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 12-31-2022 at 06:48 AM.

ESB actually has an interesting "blink and you'll miss it" moment of a TIE pilot ejecting during the asteroid chase-but just a moment too late as he's on fire...
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    No, which one? Where Leo died?
    Three words - Kate Winslet's breasts.

Always loved horror movies, and one of my favorite pauses is in the nurse scene in Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors. You know the one. With Nurse #1, aka Sally Piper. Pause at the first part, not the last part where the nurse becomes Freddy, lol.

"What's wrong, Joey? Feeling tongue-tied?"
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Jaime Lee Curtis in Trading Places.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    Phoebe in Ridgemont will always definitely be up there.

I remember getting a hold of the original the Howling movie back in the early 90's when I was about 10 or so and that has full frontal in it which shocked me. Of the R rated stuff I had watched as a kid I had never seen one do that and thought only adult films could.
    Wait — the nudity is what shocked you in the Howling? Not all the gore accompanying it? I remember being shocked and scared by the buckets of blood and werewolf transformations much more than the boobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B View Post
    Wait — the nudity is what shocked you in the Howling? Not all the gore accompanying it? I remember being shocked and scared by the buckets of blood and werewolf transformations much more than the boobs.
    Welcome to America, where we love our violence and gore in movies, but shun nudity.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Welcome to America, where we love our violence and gore in movies, but shun nudity.
    Yeah, I mean think about the number of gunfights/murders vs the number of penises/vaginas we've seen in film/tv, and compare that to the number of gunfights/murders we've seen vs the number of penises/vaginas we've seen in real life. Yet, we can't handle seeing private parts on screen for some reason?

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Yeah, I mean think about the number of gunfights/murders vs the number of penises/vaginas we've seen in film/tv, and compare that to the number of gunfights/murders we've seen vs the number of penises/vaginas we've seen in real life. Yet, we can't handle seeing private parts on screen for some reason?
    Indeed

Sheila Broflovski: Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words!

South Park The Movie (1999)

The same seemingly goes for nudity to a great extent and especially simulated sex scenes here in America.
    Last edited by Celgress; 01-05-2023 at 09:33 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Princess Mononoke
    (especially, any scene involving Ashitaka & his archery ):

Dinosaurs show made fun of that with an episode where someone curses on tv and everything throws a fit, but no one is upset "mr lizard" is killing kids on live tv and even laughs at it!

Transformers '86 - The (initial) attack on Autobot City, before The Death of Prime

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Most paused for me when I was younger was when Leo DiCaprio fell out of the bed in Romeo+Juliet, for a hopeful glimpse of his you-know-what.
    His Rolex watch?

I'd have to guess that some scene from Porky's might be amongst the top five or so scenes in movie history for pauses. You know, in order to catch all the complex plotting and characterization.

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance - Whenever Nicolas Cage appears on screen (XD)

Well...