Default Star Wars: The High Republic- the blade issue 1 preview

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/12/23/ma...c-the-blade-1/

I thought the preview and concept was fun.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-24-2022 at 12:46 PM.

I've actually yet to get into the High Republic stuff; hard to keep up with Star Wars stuff these days as is I'm sure I'll get to it eventually.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I've actually yet to get into the High Republic stuff; hard to keep up with Star Wars stuff these days as is I'm sure I'll get to it eventually.
    Until this recent batch it really wasn't worth getting.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

I'm still kind of eager to get back into the "present day" plot after all the cliffhangers of Phase 1.

I read it and enjoyed it. The High republic is Disney Star Wars finally feeling fresh than trapped in nostalgia.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-28-2022 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I read it and enjoyed it. The High republic is Disney Star Wars finally feeling fresh than trapped in nostalgia.
    Yeah, both High Republic books and the Yoda series are bringing what I hoped the High Republic would be; fun stories with new characters to learn about. The initial offerings centered around the Nihl and the Hyperspace event were just so darn dull so it's great to see them getting it right.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Yeah, both High Republic books and the Yoda series are bringing what I hoped the High Republic would be; fun stories with new characters to learn about. The initial offerings centered around the Nihl and the Hyperspace event were just so darn dull so it's great to see them getting it right.
    I feel like the Phase 1 comic and some of the YA novels did a great job of that as well .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like the Phase 1 comic and some of the YA novels did a great job of that as well .
    Mileage may vary, but that plant story bored me to tears and none of the characters grabbed me.

Mileage may vary, but that plant story bored me to tears and none of the characters grabbed me.
    I found Sskeer's and his story very compelling, but like you said your mileage may vary .

So far I've only read the High Republic comic and started Light of the Jedi by Charles Soule. I'm a bit behind but I thought that stuff was fine.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-29-2022 at 03:00 PM.