Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I'm going to need some clarification on this.

How does Batman travel in time without a time machine?
    Okay, looking more closely into it, Batman did need an outside source to do his time travel. Specifically, another character would hypnotize him into going back in time.

No, I have no clue how that works. But his time travel adventures did have effects on history, so they weren't just hallucinations

After about a decade of stories like that, they just have Batman's time travel guy invent a time machine to use instead.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Okay, looking more closely into it, Batman did need an outside source to do his time travel. Specifically, another character would hypnotize him into going back in time.

No, I have no clue how that works. But his time travel adventures did have effects on history, so they weren't just hallucinations

After about a decade of stories like that, they just have Batman's time travel guy invent a time machine to use instead.
    So, to be clear; Pre-Crisis Batman [who is technically not relevant to this discussion as we default to primary canon unless otherwise stated] never actually built a time machine himself and didn't time travel under his own power?

Not seeing how this is putting him close to the likes of Doom.

Anecdotally, time travel was also way easier in the Silver Age. Lest we forget, Silver Age Lex Luthor could break the time barrier with spring, a torch and couple of cans of juice while in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Anyway, all that aside:

When was this? Their main TVA interactions I remember was Reed murdering his way out of his own murder trial (this is not as much of an analogy as you might think it is for when he was going to be punished for time crimes, as it were), and Doom having the TVA think they killed him when in reality they only kinda sorta wasted Kristoff.
    Blargh, then I’m misremembering hideously.

Which, when you have a brain entirely composed of Emmental, is somewhat more than probable.
    Chief Curmudgeon

I mean I suppose they're back to treating the Beyonder as a cosmic entity of some sort again and all, but he doesn't, hrm, I don't know, feel exactly like he's on the same scale as his original Secret Wars days, to put it one way.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Current Molecule Man is...sort of? back to where he was back in the SW II days, I guess.

Wouldn't surprise me if they've done something similar with Donnie.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate