Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Invincible Member

I think most people here simply don't care all that much. Even when I see folks talking about it elsewhere, they seem to be doing so on the same level as just other celebrity gossip.

I suppose there's something to be said in this about the Monarchy and it's "values" and how relevant it is or isn't in modern times, but I think the majority of the people on this forum don't care. I think the Depp vs Heard and Smith vs Rock got more traction.

I think Ben Shaprio was being fake mad about it a little while back....

A social climber and a spoiled git, who cares.

Astonishing Member

Harry was never a villain to the far right until Meghan came into his life. Did conservatives get triggered because white royalty hooked up with a person of color?

This is a forum largely populated by American comic book fans, so that's going to be part of why people aren't talking about this. The politics also lean a bit left, so a left-wing couple alienating people isn't something people here would be eager to start discussions about.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post

I mean, I suppose things related to the Royals can kind of be considered political? But... I mean, besides commenting about the continued existence of monarchy in general, what else is there everybody should really have an opinion about? Like, why would you think anyone should care? Especially those not in the UK, I guess. But honestly, I kind of doubt I'd have much of an opinion about them, even then.

I mean, why are they any more important to pay attention to than any other uber-rich person? I suppose I don't fault anyone for caring, but I certainly don't think everyone needs to.
    royals may be public servants but they stay out of politics. Ideally, they are above politics.

Most people on here are American, so they don't care about the royal family.

Most people also don't care about politics............... so unless your watching Pierce Morgan, your not really getting fired up about the issue.

Harry was doing stupid things before Megan entered in his life, (Dressing up in a Nazi uniform) and Megan comes off as disingenuous (at least that's the perception).....so people aren't willing to go out on a limb for them.

Plus they are both rich, why would people struggling just to get by, put time into defending a couple, who are living comfortably on a multi million dollar water front home, most of us could only dream of having.

They walked away.

The press and some of the public asked why.

They did one press drop to explain, and they're ready to leave on their terms.

And it's only very dedicated people, who are just hung up on an American woman of color not playing the game and leaving after she and her husband reported problematic things... those folks just CANNOT have that they might even dare to get the last word.

It's really rather simple, if you want them to be irrelevant, give them what they want and leave them the hell alone. That's it.

And if you can't, you're stuck in your own silly cycle of needless grievance, and a smaller person for it. Just find other things to give a writ about. Moving on to the hobby of complaining that not enough people are complaining what you want to be complaining about is even more exponentially pathetic.

I don't need a reply. Neither do they.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED
    http://www.fantomas-lives.com/fanto47.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    By media, do you mean those owned by Rupert Murdock? If so, you have your answer right there.
    Why limit it to Murdock. The tabloid approach is not his exclusively. Assuming the worst in people is a journalistic approach high or low for that matter. By appearing on Oprah wasn't Meghan courting a particular victim outlook?

Ever since Prince Harry and Meghan Markle left their royal duties, they have relied on Oprah Winfrey’s help and friendship. But that’s all over now, according to Woman’s Day.

This week, the tabloid reports Winfrey turned on Markle and Harry after she found out they had lied to her during their now-infamous interview back in March. After the interview, outlets were quick to flag many of the Sussexes’ statements as untrue.

“As soon as those headlines started coming out, and Oprah learned that they’d either exaggerated or downright lied to her, she was furious,” an inside source dishes. “This put a severe dent in Oprah’s reputation as one of America’s most skilled interviewers and even now, almost eight months later, it hasn’t quite recovered.”
    I loved the part about the fact checkers as if we are talking about science here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    Most people on here are American, so they don't care about the royal family.

Most people also don't care about politics............... so unless your watching Pierce Morgan, your not really getting fired up about the issue.

Harry was doing stupid things before Megan entered in his life, (Dressing up in a Nazi uniform) and Megan comes off as disingenuous (at least that's the perception).....so people aren't willing to go out on a limb for them.

Plus they are both rich, why would people struggling just to get by, put time into defending a couple, who are living comfortably on a multi million dollar water front home, most of us could only dream of having.
    Well then why was it rated so high on American Netflix as a top trend in the country?

Quote Originally Posted by 4theEarth View Post
    Well then why was it rated so high on American Netflix as a top trend in the country?
    I'm guessing those viewers are probably about 90% women, because traditionally, (and yes this is a stereotype) women love watching things about Princesses, royalty and castles.

Most super hero comic book fans are men.....and we don't care.

I don't understand what the problem is with just starting threads about things that interest you, instead of passive-aggressively asking why we are covering up the scandal of the century by pretending we don't care?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    I don't understand what the problem is with just starting threads about things that interest you, instead of passive-aggressively asking why we are covering up the scandal of the century by pretending we don't care?
    gosh that attention grabbing sounds an awful like the interviewees of the Documentary.

If the press, media and the public is giving Meghan Markle the mistreatment, just because she is part Black, I don't think it is the case. The Brits elected an Indian man as their Prime Minister not too long ago. Mayor of London is a Pakistani muslim. Men and women of color have served as ministers on the Prime Minister's Cabinet through different administrations.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    If the press, media and the public is giving Meghan Markle the mistreatment, just because she is part Black, I don't think it is the case. The Brits elected an Indian man as their Prime Minister not too long ago. Mayor of London is a Pakistani muslim. Men and women of color have served as ministers on the Prime Minister's Cabinet through different administrations.
    Sunak was not elected PM, he was selected by the Torries in power when their last two PMs had to resign in disgrace. Not sure if the British Public cared if Markle was Black, but the Royals seemed to have had a problem with it.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

They are just like any other celebrity story. I watched the documentary and I thought it was good. The hate on Megan in particular is just extraordinary. I mean she can't even breathe in the UK press without body language experts and "Royal Watchers" etc saying shes secretly trying to outdo kate or something. Is it the most important thing going on in the world no.

But, I still find it fascinating especially with the juxtaposition of the press and their history with Harry's mother. People act like it is so out of the ordinary for Harry to be so upset at the press. He very clearly has deep rooted hate and disdain for them. They literally chased his mother to death. He has seen press manipulation and harassment his entire life. But, suddenly everything is Megan's fault.

I mean the worst things they bring up in the series is the depths of harassment and collusion of paparazzi and the Royal press offices. We can see ourselves the salacious headlines they print about her specifically at every turn. She's a succubus who took over Harry's mind and MADE him leave his family. He has said over and over again he wanted to protect her. He is the one who tried to move them to South America, or Canada anywhere to get them away from the press vultures.

I mean I don't see any defense against what they are saying. The press did relentlessly attack her over and over again for nothing. That segment they did with the headlines Kate gets vs the ones Megan gets for basically the same things anyone can see that. That isn't subjective.

They explained wanting to sue the papers for illegally using her personal letters. I mean its a fact it happened, and she eventually won in court. But, they had to leave the family and fight themselves. That alone proves they tried to ask for help. The whole just grin and bear it, we all had to live with it ya'll can too. I mean I can see why Harry would be fucking pissed. His mom died from that relentless nonsense. And he himself brought up the racial hate element that made it all darker.

I find them totally believable simply because so much of it was in the public eye. And they didn't even specifically call out family members when we all can see Harry could go IN if he wanted too. They were purposefully holding back especially him you can see in the part he brings up the dispute with William. There is way more there he could dig into if he wanted. The most he said was they clearly disagree and had a few shouting matches.

If there was something from the "other side" clearly explaining what in the world Harry and Megan in particular were doing that was so outrageous. I mean explain why you wont tell the truth about the press releases and salacious articles. They were clearly stressing her out. Why not say this **** is fake, this isn't real. Stop. Harry went into detail explaining the media relationship. They could have told them to stop lying. But they didn't. I mean where is the dispute or counterclaims?

What has she done? Did she slap servants? Did she tell the Queen to **** off? The way they act in the UK press and these royal watchers its just like that. But, with nothing to back it up.

And some say they should go away and be quiet. Its their story. Their lives. They feel they are being slandered, and lied about. They have every right to clear their names and speak imo if they are going to get dragged through the mud.