Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED
    http://www.fantomas-lives.com/fanto47.htm
    Last edited by 4theEarth; 02-21-2023 at 03:06 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4theEarth View Post

Why is this thread still happening, there are so many more important things happening in the world. If I want to hear about the royals, I go to a ladies' hair salon and read the magazines they have there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Why is this thread still happening, there are so many more important things happening in the world. If I want to hear about the royals, I go to a ladies' hair salon and read the magazines they have there.
    Because it reflects the rhetorical politics of our era without the Red and Blue contest that people think they understand. By looking past Three central forms of social control—sovereignty, bureaucracy, and into politics as a discourse on values we can really look at what we are choosing and what we are being forced into for consistency.

Example one being the question of racism - how does it operate in an area of wealth and celebrity? does it suggest the same inequality as we generally understand it?? Equality among the aristocracy means a very different thing. Controlling one's image and how that translates into wealth and power is a very different thing than equality before the law and self worth that equality is framed by in US electoral politics.

Seems like idle gossip to me, no matter how strong your thesaurus game is.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    I for one am very interested in what the Prince and Princess of Canada do. Though I shouldn't watch them.

Quote Originally Posted by 4theEarth View Post
    Because it reflects the rhetorical politics of our era
    Where people slander people of color online without any mooring in reality as a sad, self-aggrandizing act to make them feel better about themselves?

Because that's modern conservative politics in a nutshell.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Unfair of me…because really can’t be arsed to watch Netflix documentary and certainly never going to read any of the books (so I might well have a distorted view) but as details are drip fed into the media I like Harry less and less.

Take the latest snippet: he killed 25 people in the war in Afghanistan but thinks of them as “chess pieces rather than people”. That strikes me as an asinine thing to talk about (it paints a target on his own back and his family’s) and the attitude near that of a psychopath.
    Harry's book is another sad, sad episode

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Have you read all of it? Which parts were the saddest to you?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Where people slander people of color online without any mooring in reality as a sad, self-aggrandizing act to make them feel better about themselves?

Because that's modern conservative politics in a nutshell.
    Thx for providing us with one of the ideological givens of the false debate in celebrity and money.

Color, Titles, Celebrity and money. Do all of these have rights? do all of them have duties? or are we seeing privilege being granted to each?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Have you read all of it? Which parts were the saddest to you?
    Oh, there's a lot to unwind but his assessment that he killed 25 Taliban fighters calling them "chess pieces", or when he says he had frostbite in his penis and used Elizabeth Arden cream on it - while doing so he was reminded of his mom (this is especially creepy in his narration in the audiobook version), or when he says that William and Kate were the ones who told him to dress like a Nazi (swastika included), or perhaps the best one is that he says he visited/ is visiting a psychic who relayed him messages from his dead mom ("You are living the life she wanted for you"). I mean...

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

People are picking up Spare....I'm going for this book myself....

"The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

“We can confirm The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have been requested to vacate their residence at Frogmore Cottage,” a spokesperson for the couple said in statement."

Frogmore Cottage, on the grounds of Windsor Castle west of London, had been intended as the couple's main residence before they gave up royal duties and moved to Southern California. The Sun newspaper reported that Charles started the eviction process on Jan. 11, the day after the publication of Harry's explosive memoir “Spare.”
    Have they been cancelled by the crown? Or is it consequences?

The Prince's incredible gift to his alleged mistress: Who is Rose Hanbury?

The British Royal Family has not stopped being in the news in recent months, with the death of Elizabeth II, the succession of Charles and the book published by Prince Harry, the media spotlight is on them.

The UK press reports that the heir to the throne spent Valentine's Day with his alleged mistress.

The two were reportedly having a romantic dinner together and were spotted at a fancy Italian restaurant in the London capital.

According to a waiter at the restaurant, William had given Rose a pearl necklace for Valentine's Day.

King Charles just named his brother Edward the new Duke of Edinburgh.

Nepo baby!