Default Black Adam vs. Hancock

Black Adam
    (DCEU)

vs.

Hancock
    (Movie)

Two superpowered beings collide! The fight takes place at Isla Nublar (Jurassic Park film series). Live-action versions only. Who wins?

Astonishing Member

Don't see how Black Adam doesn't win. Even when talking about Adam's lesser scenes against Hawkman, Adam was massively faster against bullets, or anythyng else, than Hancock, or Hawkman. He'd rule him hand-to-hand just like Hawkman.

Mighty Member

I don't know if Adam can actually hurt him would be the main issue. Hancock took a freight train ramming him and it didn't even budge him, let alone hurt him. I don't think movie Adam has any feats of putting out close to that level of power. Could just be a stalemate.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Don't see how Black Adam doesn't win. Even when talking about Adam's lesser scenes against Hawkman, Adam was massively faster against bullets, or anythyng else, than Hancock, or Hawkman. He'd rule him hand-to-hand just like Hawkman.
    First, he can't hurt Hancock, at all.

Second, Hancock's best speed feat is painting the moon somehow so quickly that nobody saw him do it. He flew to the moon with god knows how many tens of thousands of buckets of red paint, then painted it perfectly, then flew back, in the space of at most a couple of hours.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    First, he can't hurt Hancock, at all.

Second, Hancock's best speed feat is painting the moon somehow so quickly that nobody saw him do it. He flew to the moon with god knows how many tens of thousands of buckets of red paint, then painted it perfectly, then flew back, in the space of at most a couple of hours.
    There is zero time frame for how long said painting and transit took to happen, you would be hard pressed to call it a meaningful speed feat.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    There is zero time frame for how long said painting and transit took to happen, you would be hard pressed to call it a meaningful speed feat.
    I mean I think it'd be fair to max it out at around 14 hours if we pretend that only the city the movie takes place in actually exists. Anything more is imagining conditions that would make me ask how come it wasn't being seen all over the world the entire time he was working. Like I could handwave it not being noticed in one night, but that's about the furthest I'm willing to accept.

On the other hand, it's really a travel speed feat at best. He'd be covering such vast distance with whatever that he would not need the reflexes to match his speed, and he could slow down in spots as long as he was working to a plan. So like, whether you think it took him a day or a week or whatever, the actual feat here is travel speed to the moon and back in a short enough time not to be missed, either with multiple trips or just getting the whole job done in one shot.

Train feat is legit though, and that was a packed up freight train, so he's bringing 10000+ tons moving a pretty good speed to a dead stop with a shoulder check. Like we see cars way off in the distance still piling up against it without the front ever so much as budging after his impact, so he hit that thing hard enough to back it right up.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Thinking about it, the sequence when he throws and catches the bully might be Hancock's best speed feat.

Dude is thrown up far enough that he's out of the scene for 22 seconds, so he would have been going terminal velocity when he was caught. Hancock catches him with the kind of ease and precision that means the kid is not hurt. Now, this is slightly impossible if you think about reality too much so let's ignore the actual effects that should have happened to the kid going as a result of his body going from 118 mph to 0 in like a fraction of a second.

So, we have Hancock catching an object going around 1/5th the speed of a bullet but he catches it with such speed and precision that he doesn't damage the object/child at all. Given that he interacts with the kid and brings him to a halt within about 0.5 metres of travel, he's meaningfully reacting and adjusting his body within a timespan of 0.0094 seconds (9.4 milliseconds). Based on that timespan, he should be able to react to handgun bullets within about 10 metres with the same level of casual ease as he did here.

I don't know if that's equal to Black Adam's level of speed (I've not seen the film) but I think this is as clear an insight into Hancock's general level of speed as we're going to get.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 01-02-2023 at 01:28 PM.