Amazing Member

Default Rocket Raccoon #3 Discussion

Writer: Skottie Young

Artist: Skottie Young

Colorist: Jean-Francois Beaulieu

Publication Date: Sept. 3, 2014

Summary:

Rocket Raccoon, Groot, and Macho duke it out with Rocket's ex-girlfriends before using it to head out to Funtzel's where Rocket encounters a surprise guest.

What I Liked

✔Love the artwork. It sets a fun atmosphere for the story
    ✔Plenty of Rocket shooting stuff and beating the snot out of aliens
    ✔Some plot movement with this issue, better than the previous one
    ✔Great cliffhanger

What I Didn’t Like

✘Not enough character development
    ✘Not much humor present in this one, although the jokes that are in it hit pretty good
    ✘Side characters were a bit boring

Themes:

Don't ever call Rocket a raccoon. You'll regret it.
    No one is truly alone in the world, which is comforting and a little scary at the same time.

Score:

8/10

Do you guys like the series? Think it'll last long?

I like that the Loonies and Half-World were mentioned and are going to play some part in this. I hope it means the return of Black-Jack O'Hare!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    I like that the Loonies and Half-World were mentioned and are going to play some part in this. I hope it means the return of Black-Jack O'Hare!
    Yeah, I'm pretty excited about the series. I've always loved Rocket Raccoon, but I really think Skottie Young nails the character and tone with his writing and art. He thinks outside of the box. It keeps getting better with each issue, so I'm looking forward to the next one.

This was my first issue of Rocket I was able to pick up and I really enjoyed it. It was fun and hilarious and now I'll definitely continue to hunt for the first two issues in print form (I could get them online or digital but I'd rather give the money to my LCS). Love the art.
    Harley Quinn, New Suicide Squad, Grayson, Batgirl, Red Sonja, The Mighty Thor, Catwoman, Bitch Planet, Secret Six, Silk, Descender, Sabrina, Archie, JLA, DC Bombshells, Black Magick, Paper Girls, Tokyo Ghost, Vampirella, Scarlet Witch, A-Force, Extraordinary X-Men, X-Men '92, The Legend of Wonder Woman, All-New Wolverine, Power Rangers, Hellcat, Monstress, Descender

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I really enjoyed this issue and especially the teleporting fish! I was expecting awesome art from Young but his writing has been pretty great too so far. More of the same please.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    I really enjoyed this issue and especially the teleporting fish! I was expecting awesome art from Young but his writing has been pretty great too so far. More of the same please.
    Yeah I love Young's art style. It fits the Rocket character so well. I can't wait to see where it all goes. How are you all feeling about the Star-Lord solo series? I'm digging it a lot as well.