Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Your episode X-XII ideas?

An older wiser Darth maul becomes a major evil prescence and has legions of followers.

The faith and hope of the new Jedi order is greatly tested with many of them suffering terrible tragedies. Good characters go bad and vice versa.

They could offer "zigs where the sequel novels zag" and feature alien Jedi twins instead of han and Leias kids plus other twists.

And your ideas?

I'm bored of the Skywalker and Palpatine drama. I don't mind exploring the High Republic Era but going past the sequels feels like the better option.

So I'd set it after the sequels.

Old Republic all the way the Hyperspace War, Mandalorian War, 1st Jedi Purge, Sith Purge, Jedi Civil War, Sith Wars, and it had the best Sith Lords.

Bane, Vitiate/Valkorion, Revan, Naga Sadow, Malgus, Malak, Zannah, Exar Kun, Traya, & Tenebrous to name some.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Old Republic all the way the Hyperspace War, Mandalorian War, 1st Jedi Purge, Sith Purge, Jedi Civil War, Sith Wars, and it had the best Sith Lords.

Bane, Vitiate/Valkorion, Revan, Naga Sadow, Malgus, Malak, Zannah, Exar Kun, Traya, & Tenebrous to name some.
    I haven't gone to a see a blockbuster movie in a long time, but I would absolutely see an Old Republic film.

Maybe they could take a similar approach to Zahn's trilogy, in which Luke was struggling on how to rebuild the Jedi since he didn't have the guidance of Obi-wan's spirit anymore....and Han and Leia struggle to rebuild a government with an Imperial remnant causing chaos.

Just switch them out with Rey, Finn, Poe(Obviously without the pregnant Leia part) and create something other than Thrawn (Since Ashoka will probably use him).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Each trilogy focuses on a different cast with a time jump, with characters from the previous ones appearing in small roles. So I'd keep that tradition going and not bring the sequel cast back as the main leads. I'd jump the story ahead a few decades, and introduce three new characters to focus on with Rey, Poe, and Finn all serving as supporting characters here and there across the story. Maybe a Force ghost appearance by some of the Skywalkers or other Jedi, if I can talk anyone into coming back for it. If I could I'd actually make Luke a sizable player (for supporting cast); he could be the new character's Force ghost guide, and follow them on their adventures.

I'd establish a new status quo for the galaxy where there are several independent Force using organizations, and the galaxy would no longer be ruled by a single governing force. The Third Republic (real name TBD) would only be one of several governments in space.

I'd say that Rey rebuilt a version of the Jedi Order in Luke's name, taking his final lessons into account and foregoing much of the old Order's dogma. They're nomad knights, helping the regular folk, and they'd make Ashoka and Luke proud. Poe helped rebuild the new Republic in Leia's memory, is now in charge in his old age, and the damn thing actually works pretty well even if it's smaller. Finn started out helping Rey, then left over "creative differences" and joined Poe, where Finn built a military group of Force users for the third Republic. Aside from peacekeeping they also hunt down the rare fool who trips into the dark side.

The Mandalore Empire would play a big role, probably with Grogu on the throne if I could talk Fav and Filloni into it. And there'd be a few other players involved like the Hutt families and the old manufacturing/banking guilds. A few other Force groups too, beyond Rey, Finn, and Grogu's. Witches of Dathomir perhaps, some original ones. No Sith, no organized dark siders, the Skywalker clan did their job and the Force is balanced; those who fall to the dark side do so alone, without tradition to carry them or knowledge to build on, and don't typically last long.

I can't decide if the plot would be a big, multifaceted conflict between these various factions and groups, and the whole galaxy is mired in a confusing war akin to World War I, or if the story is a unknown invading force from outside the known galaxy, who are immune and invisible to the Force (and/or consider using the Force to be blasphemy?). The WWI idea is a different kind of war than we've seen in the past, without clear lines between "Republic" and "Separatist" or "Rebel" and "Imperial" so that's different and good, but is it the best direction creatively, and does it honor the Skywalker saga? The unknown army idea is much more bland in comparison, but it's straight forward and kid friendly and could still be perfectly fun and entertaining, with complexity added by the invader's culture and goals rather than the base conflict itself.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member

The Obvious Trilogy, though not a “Saga” one:

- Find a director/writer who grew up playing the Knights of the Old Republic, or reading the comic. Have them combine the heroes, villains, and events of the games and comic.

- You setting is an in-film ambiguous “even longer time ago, in Galaxy far, far away,” with capital starships that use solar sails to move when not in battle, blasters that both look older and have far fewer shots, far more melee weapons, and a Galaxy divided between 3 or 4 major factions (the Old Republic, the Sith Dominions, the Mandalorian High Kingdom, and maybe the Hutt Hegemony.)

- Your heroes are a grown up Zayne Carrick as The Renegade, his reluctant partner The Exile, and eventually the amnesiac wild card that was once Darth Revan (after he plays the main villain in the first film). Zayne’s the de facto main POV character and protagonist, Revan the dynamic Deutergaonist, and the Exile the leader and “Jedi Classic”, because I think Zayne’s got a more concrete character.

- Your villains are the Sith Court - a similar amalgamation of the Sith Empire, the Eternal Empire, Malak’s Empire, and the Dark Council, but as a more feudal collection of warlords where Tenebrae is the Dark Lord, but Revan was their greatest general after becoming one of them.

- The supporting cast is Canderous Ordo, Bastilla Shan, Atton Rand, Jarael and Gryph; Canderous is the heroes candidate for Mandalore, Bastilla is of course Revan’s initial rival, babysitter and eventual lover, Atton Rand is one of Darth Revan’s old assassins gone good, and Jarael as Zayne’s “very close friend and totally nothing else, why are you looking at me like that, Exile?”

- The Jedi Crucible is also an early opponent that combines Atris with the comic book group; perhaps their even the ones who Bastilla belongs with and who come up with the “turn Revan against his own kind” plan.

- The story doesn’t end with the Sith wiped out; rather, they get thrown into chaos and a near-successful invasion is stymied. Zayne disappears with Jarael and his allies into Sith space while the Exile refounds the Order, and while Revan and Bastilla retire in exile.

(I’ll do an actual X-XII idea starring Finn and trying to fix Rey and the Skywalkers next.)
    Last edited by godisawesome; 12-31-2022 at 05:21 PM.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I don't so much have a plot in mind as opposed to a general status quo. I'm thinking maybe go 500 years into the future or so.. There's not only one new Jedi Order but several. They're now separated into schools of philosophy (example, an Orthodox school based on the Old laws, and a Skywalker school based on laws Luke instituted to counteract the failures that led to Sidious/Vader and the Empire centuries prior). Though they support the Republic no school except the old school is necessarily tied to the government at the hip anymore. The Mandalorians are now general allies of the Republic and the Jedi, most notably the Skywalker school of which they share a strong bond based on events having taken place after the fall of the Empire. Galaxy has come under threat from a revival of the Sith. An order that now works in great numbers, in complete counter to what they consider Darth Bane's failed philosophy of the Rule of Two considering it culminated in only a few decades of total power. This is just rough ideas though, as I realize right now it's quite similar to a KOTOR set up, so I realize it'd benefit from more differences than just the few I've thought up here.

But I'd rather they go far forward than far backwards if only because the Old Republic has had such a major strong showing in other media ever since the Prequel era. Meanwhile the future beyond the original saga is largely unexplored since the ST takes place relatively soon after. Going considerably further beyond that creates a literal complete empty slate to work with.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-02-2023 at 01:09 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member

The “Setting Things Right” Saga Idea, Part I (Because this got out of hand, and some of it might be cool separated form the rest).

Production notes:

- First off… this would be a joint production between LFL and UpperRoom Productions, because John Boyega as Finn is the protagonist here, and giving him proper respect and impact on production is likely necessary to both get him back and ensure the idiots who hated Finn can’t screw him over again.

Setting notes:

- The setting is “The Lost Stars;” a nickname given to about two dozen worlds on the frontier and in the Unknown Regions that were cut off from the Galaxy by old Sith empires, the First Order, or the Sith Eternal; they vary from having been cut off for only a year (First Order conquered), to thousands of years (ancient Sith empire holdings.) In general, they are all horribly dystopian hellscapes, stripped of resources, and filled with brutalized populations (some of which have been trapped in technological stasis the entire time). They were briefly united by the Final Order in TROS, but are now basically the last nooks and crannies for everything First Order or Sith-related. And speaking of the Sith…

- The Sith are dead - and not just their membership; their temples, spells, tombs, abominations, and nightmarish masterpieces are “dying” with them. Tombs and temples begin to collapse, Sith alchemy-afflicted creatures begin to decay and become diseased, and Holocron begin to “fade” and rust, and when activated, the spirits inside scream to be shut off so they don’t die. The bright side? It proves the Sith are DONE. The down side? It’s attracted the attention of treasure hunters, fanatics, and cultists, and while they and their magic are dying, their knowledge can still be scavenged fro further horrors… and in particular, a mysterious “rogue planet” called Zonoma Sekot, which is only known from whispers and rumors, is said to contain the last treasures of the Sith that could be used to either relaunch… or create something new. (See it’s section below)

- The First Order and it’s peers are pretty much completely broken; they’re not even a proper Imperial Remnant now, just small gangs and minor flotillas of troop transports desperately trying to hide. A handful of particualr fanatics called the Ren Troopers are the most prolific, and they’re mostly just Kylo Ren fanboys in black Sith Trooper armor with special anti-Jedi weapons who’ve got the last kidnapped kids mentioned in TROS and other ST material. They don’t even have a Star Destroyer, and they’re just “Prologue” villains until they and Finn crash land on the planet with the real new villains… Zonoma Sekot.

Zonoma Sekot, the Jensaari, and the “Vong” in detail:

- Zonoma Sekot itself is a mix of its version in Legends and basically a giant compendium of almost all the weird fantasy elements of the Sith - so it’s a living planet that has haunted jungles populated by vicious (and now dying) Sith Hydras, Terentateks and even the mighty Leviathan… and, of course, some Yuuzahn Vong-style flora and fauna that’s fighting back, as the Sith “additions” are treated like an infection, virus, or disease.

- Zonoma Sekot has a harried, beleaguered population of about a million sentients of various genetic backgrounds, who are stuck in nearly feudal-era development. But only “nearly”… because the Sith used the planet as a breeding ground for their ancient, long-forgotten Force-sensitive bodyguards and “co-opted” ex-Jedi, the Jensaari, and so among a bunch of medieval fortresses and archaic villages, you have about a dozen lightsaber wielding warriors, garbed in ancient Cortosis armor that can deactivate careless lightsabers, and tank a decent amount of blaster fire.

- The Jensaari were an ancient attempt by some paranoid Sith to create useful, non-backstabby bodyguards from captured Jedi padawans. They are mostly raised in Jedi techniques, but with morality erased and replaced with a feudal oath of loyalty to the Sith, and were deliberately culled of their most powerful members by trapping them on Zonoma Sekot; originally, the hydras, Terentareks, and Leviathan would hunt down any Force user with a higher presence… alongside anyone unfortunate enough to be near them. But since they were left alone for about a thousand years, they’ve become a collection of roughly trained feudal lords. Among their number could be future Jedi, a resurgent Jensaari Order, or the next great dark side cult… and at least one Jensaari has uncovered things they weren’t supposed to and also made contact with the outside Galaxy, drawing the Knights of Ren to her…

- The Yuuzahn Vong are a whispered terror in the outer “Lost Stars”; rumored to be the exiled “children” of Zonoma Sekot, cruelly driven away by the machinations and magics of the Sith, they have begun probing the out reaches of the Galaxy looking for revenge and for their home. They are not the pan-Galactic threat of the Legends books, but are still a dangerously destabilizing force that must eventually be reckoned with on the outskirts of the story.
    Last edited by godisawesome; 12-31-2022 at 07:08 PM.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Sui Generis Member Tobei Miyake's Avatar

I would want something simple. And this is just an idea, no real story.

Titles - Star Wars: The Golden Age, Star Wars: The Troubles and Star Wars: The Age of Reason.

Jump ahead 1000 years. We're in a new Golden Age. A new Jedi Order.

Similar to The High Republic, only set 1000 years into the Star Wars future.

A new prophecy. Something new that will bring about an imbalance in the Force. And there's six of them this time.

Two sets of triplets. A set of girls and a set of boys. All more powerful than any Force-user ever known. And they're not Jedi or Sith or anything like that, they're something new.

[Pan camera down]

Coruscant.

The Jedi Temple.

The story begins.

EDIT:

In The Golden Age the Jedi learn of the Force children and believe them to be a danger. The children communicate with one another telepathically and say very little when they speak to others, so they're mysterious.

In The Troubles new information is discovered and now some of the Jedi believe the Force children (now entering adolescence) are saviors, the prophecy may have been misinterpreted. While others still fear danger, and sense there is even more than they had first believed. Two of the boys are killed by Jedi.

Finally, in The Age of Reason we have clarity and resolution. The remaining Force children (now older adolescents) are not saviors but messengers of what's to come. The prophecy was correct, they were an imbalance, they were harbingers of what's to come.
    Last edited by Tobei Miyake; 01-02-2023 at 04:48 AM.

Fantastic Member

I want to see the Force being used for something other than battle. Plus want to see Force users outside Jedi or Sith. My impression after all Star Wars media so far... universe is better off without Force users altogether. I want new movies to prove me wrong. High Republic books have somewhat convinced me that Jedi do some good in the universe.

EDIT: I agree with the other posts looking for a big time jump into the future, 500 years or so. I really am sick of anything to do with Vader, Skywalker or Palpatine. Please no more empire or stormtroopers either. It's been done to death. Did we really need 12 years of clone wars tv?
    Last edited by evolutionaryFan; 01-08-2023 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I don't so much have a plot in mind as opposed to a general status quo. I'm thinking maybe go 500 years into the future or so.. There's not only one new Jedi Order but several.

This is just rough ideas though, as I realize right now it's quite similar to a KOTOR set up, so I realize it'd benefit from more differences than just the few I've thought up here.

But I'd rather they go far forward than far backwards if only because the Old Republic has had such a major strong showing in other media ever since the Prequel era. Meanwhile the future beyond the original saga is largely unexplored since the ST takes place relatively soon after. Going considerably further beyond that creates a literal complete empty slate to work with.
    As usual we're on pretty much the same page my friend. Though I disagree about the Sith revival; if the Skywalker saga is to have any meaning then the Sith have to be extinct and gone for good, and the Force in balance. And while I suggested a much shorter time jump of a few decades in my post above, that was just to keep in-line with the way these films usually structure things. I'd be fine with a time jump of a few centuries. We could even have Grogu show up as an adult, to help draw in the audience.

But I keep going back to what you point out; this puts us back in a KOTOR kind of status quo. Sure, the details are a little different, but in the broad strokes it's just a return of the High Republic. Is that actually a good thing? And what are the (meaningful) alternatives?

Huh. Random thought. The issue of droid rights has been brought up sporadically through the years right? Where would that ultimately go? Who would side with them, who wouldn't, who'd be right and who wrong and how would the galaxy be changed? What if that's the next saga? The Droid Wars?

Robot rebellion is a pretty over wrought troupe...are droids different and unique enough that they could tell this story in a new way? I feel like maybe?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

The galaxy has achieved lasting peace. There are lots of force users and they are under government control. The force-sensitive are identified from childhood and forced into government service into a Force Corps where they can work a number of different kinds of jobs where force powers will be useful to the Republic. This allows the government to control the force users and makes it easier to keep order and control over the rest of the population. Force use and training in the force outside of government purview are banned.

There are three primary orders of force users - Jedi, Sith and Pragma. We know the first two, basically representing justice and power, respectively. The third represents perfect neutrality as their goal. The government is run democratically as a Republic but there is a Force Council that is composed of three representatives of each order. Generally each order despises the other two orders. The Force Council advises the Republic, locates the force sensitive through a birth registration system and administrates the Force Corps.

Within the galaxy there are also secret force users who manage to evade discovery against the will of the government. They are hunted and standing bounties are placed on them. Some of them have banded together and they tend to have alliance to one of the three orders, although there are other philosophies present. Smugglers and other "outside the law" interests desire to find and employ these clandestine force users.

The plot over the course of the three movies is about a galactic invasion that threatens the entire galaxy, from a galaxy that also has force users. But they are from a galaxy where the Sith philosophy won out and where an Empire-like government is in control of everything.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 01-13-2023 at 08:35 PM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Luke uses the Force to go back in time and prevents the sequels.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

First thing I would do is destroy Coruscant. Say the atmosphere turned toxic and it is now a dead world. This would once and for all destroy the idea of a central galactic govt and let the outer worlds join together in coalitions to better look out for themselves and not be exploited by the core worlds anymore. Fracture the whole galaxy with different factions competing for territory. Those Empire boot licking core worlds have had it too easy for way too long so lets see those worlds fall into chaos as their source of money and goods drys up.