• Pretty Good

1 9.09%
  • Pretty Great

1 9.09%
  • Really Great

0 0%

Thread: 2022 Review

Default 2022 Review

Looking back on 2022, how would you rate it? 1 to 10 scale, with 1 being a really bad year and 10 being a really great year.

edit: I could have done the poll a little better. Sorry about that.
    Last edited by Tami; 12-29-2022 at 05:32 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

9/10. a few games came out and underperformed but overall pretty solid. Got a little bit of marvel fatigue and fell behind on the releases but not too dissatisfied with tv/movies either

better call saul wonderful wrap up of the breaking bad universe

also i re-read Saga and Fables which are still enjoyable enough

I say it was a good year, there were games I was looking forward to that were pushed back, my old monitor kicking the bucket, and having to get a new one. Having to get a new computer, because my old one couldn't do 4k 60fps youtube videos, and couldn't be upgraded because it was so old. Otherwise, it was a good year.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 12-30-2022 at 03:25 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I would say it is a pretty good year. Gas prices did seesaw a bit but for now it's under $3.00 a gallon in my area. I think the one thing that bothers me is that I will probably need a new car soon but the prices have gone up even on used cars. Going to the grocery store is much better and things are stocked pretty well. I just feel more optimistic about most things except for the state of politics these days with one party having lost their compass and their collective minds.

Bad. The war started, many political leaders are approaching even more towards authoritarianism, there's massive inflation which doesn't help in regards to the previous point, climate change is going strong as always and did I mention there is a freaking war started by terrorists with nukes?

I would give it maybe 3/10 and that's only because Ukraine is holding up better than was expected, covid got a little bit less deadly, some personal stuff and while it's not important in the bigger picture, Rings of Power and Sandman came out this year and were great. Oh, and there has to be some room left because the next year is likely to get even worse.

Glad it's coming to an end. Would not recommend.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

Yeah, in between Putin attacking Ukraine and climate change, me catching covid at long last and taking months to recover, and a friend of mine recently being diagnosed with colon cancer, this was not a good year.

I don't know where to put it in your poll as the year started off quite shitty for me and has definitely ended better than it began in many ways.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

i change mine to 10/10 i forgot ive been reading through Spawn and also i got Gta IV for $5 during steam sale.

plus Wh40k Darktide has been decent

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    Yeah, in between Putin attacking Ukraine and climate change, me catching covid at long last and taking months to recover, and a friend of mine recently being diagnosed with colon cancer, this was not a good year.
    Sorry to hear about your friend.
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

Here is Dave Barry's Take on this: Dave Barry’s 2022 Year in Review

The best thing we can say about 2022 is: It could have been worse.

For example, we could have had nuclear Armageddon. This briefly appeared to be a possibility, at least according to the president, who broke the news in October at (Why not?) a Democratic Party fundraiser at the home of a wealthy donor in New York City. That must have been an exciting event! One moment everybody’s standing around chewing hors d’oeuvres, and the next moment WHOA WHAT DID HE JUST SAY?

The next day, after the news media ran a bunch of scary headlines, the White House Office of Explaining What the President Actually Meant explained that the president wasn’t suggesting that we were facing Armageddon per se, but was merely, as is his wont, emitting words, one of which happened to be “Armageddon,” and everybody should just calm down.

So we dodged a bullet there.

And there were other positive developments in 2022:
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.