Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This looks fantastic! I am really, really looking forward to reading it! None of the earlier Legends issues appealed to me, but this very much has my attention.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I feel bad for Claremont. They only give him little mini series these days. He needs a few dozen issues to really get his stride going(and take advantage of his longform storytelling which is his true gift). Of course his little 5 or whatever issue runs are going to feel empty. I was inspired to go back and read the original Ogun mini when this X-Treme was teased, and it was quite excellent. It will be difficult for him to do better this time, especially since we're already 2 issues in with not much happening yet.

That said, Portacio has packed a lot into these few pages. Let's see what else he's got in store.
    This honestly makes for a great topic of conversation as very recently I've seen a lot of chatter on how people feel about Marvel's whole "5 issue arcs" test runs they're doing, even with ongoings. It doesn't give much runway for the long-form storytellers as you said. Some writers can still excel within the constraints but I personally think it's not enough time.

But this looks great and I think the two issues will provide us with interesting background to Bishop's debut story.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I guess Piotr forgot about Proteus, or Riptide? I do remember the X-Men being standoffish to Bishop when he first arrived, because he had kicked their butts at first(and was killing those mutants that escaped to the past), but dang. Strong issue so far, though. Bishop deserves this story. I hope it continues to be good. Portacio was never my favorite of the Image guys, but he's putting in some solid work here. I didn't know he was a writer too. Good for him!
    I think it was in one of the early Bishop issues where Colossus said the X-Men have taken lives in the past but always as a last resort and not as guns ablazing like Bishop was back in that day.

Astonishing Member

This looks kinda interesting.

This looks interesting. I love the Gold Team era. It may not have been the best era or the most quality stories, but the OG Gold Team will always be special to me (because it has my fav characters and I was reading the X-men as a 11 year old kid when these stories were coming out). Bishop is a great character (I have erased the memories from that Hope fiasco several years ago).

Bishop written and drawn by his creator it simply doesn't get any better than that.

Spectacular Member

Check out all this introspection and soul-searching from the guy who will become one of the biggest genocidal mass murderers in Marvel history.

Anything that can be done with Bishop in this earlier time period unfortunately rings hollow as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    That's some pretty damn good writing and art there.

As much as I hate comparing the two...for all that they're both set in the "nostalgic" past...this reads far more interesting and new than Xtreme X-Men.
    Yaas! Truer words have never been typed lol
    I feel bad for Claremont. They only give him little mini series these days. He needs a few dozen issues to really get his stride going(and take advantage of his longform storytelling which is his true gift)
    Guess you've never read his X-Men or New Mutants Forever....lucky
    Quote Originally Posted by The Twilight Mexican View Post
    Check out all this introspection and soul-searching from the guy who will become one of the biggest genocidal mass murderers in Marvel history.

Anything that can be done with Bishop in this earlier time period unfortunately rings hollow as a result.
    I meeean tell that to Apocalypse... Destiny.... Juggernaut..or fvck even Cassandra Nova
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I meeean tell that to Apocalypse... Destiny.... Juggernaut..or fvck even Cassandra Nova
    Ain't Krakoa grand ?

Is the book cancelled with #6, or are they taking ANOTHER break after just two issues?

I just learned this today Apparently in the New Mutants Movie Storm Was initially supposed to be in it as a Cruel sadistic Warden, she would be no different from Cecilia Reyes in the movie, and I believe Professor X was going to make an appearance in this as well. they had to be on drugs when they thought STORM of all people, should be the Warden, the only way storm being the warden would make sense was if it was Belasco behind it trying to get Magick and knowing Ilyanya had a soft spot for Ororo,

"Goddess be Praised"

Astonishing Member

While all of that is true, you might be posting in the wrong thread, lol.

Thanks lol
    "Goddess be Praised"

I'm here for Storm, Bishop and Archangel's looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    This honestly makes for a great topic of conversation as very recently I've seen a lot of chatter on how people feel about Marvel's whole "5 issue arcs" test runs they're doing, even with ongoings. It doesn't give much runway for the long-form storytellers as you said. Some writers can still excel within the constraints but I personally think it's not enough time.

But this looks great and I think the two issues will provide us with interesting background to Bishop's debut story.
    This looks great and Marvel managed to get my cash with the Gambit mini but I'm not getting this or Extreme.

One of my New Year Resolutions is that I'm not going to let the X-titles have their cake and eat it too. I think this is the worst era of X-Men books ever and I'm done contributing to it.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest