View Poll Results: Should there be more than 1 Lasso?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 65.52%
  • No

10 34.48%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I don't mind other characters having lassos as long as said lassos have their own unique abilities.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Weird... 'cause Cassie DID actually have a run where her lasso was seemingly a creation of her own magic powers as a demi-goddess.

also, pretty sure Donna has used guns more often than Cassie has.
    I'm pretty sure Cassie's lasso was given to her by Ares.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'm pretty sure Cassie's lasso was given to her by Ares.
    There's the period where she's borrowing power from Ares because Zeus can't lend her his power at the time. That came with the Lasso of Lightning. Then there's the story arc where Lycus is going after the Titans... and Cassie in order to beat him... disavows the power of Ares. This physically transforms how she looks. Then she does a thing with the Lasso she had that's... not something it was seen to do before...

Hmmm maybe I'm misremembering, but I don't think she was actually using the Lasso Ares gave her after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I like it when Donna, Cassie, and Superwoman all have their own lassos. Just give them all unique properties.
    Yes, I feel as you do too, Dr. Poison.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

three lassos. One gold, one silver, one bronze.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    three lassos. One gold, one silver, one bronze.
    Yes, but Superwoman has had her Golden Lasso since 1964!

Could we make that 4 Lassos: 2 Golden (opposite powers), one silver, one bronze?

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, but Superwoman has had her Golden Lasso since 1964!

Could we make that 4 Lassos: 2 Golden (opposite powers), one silver, one bronze?
    In every individual universe there 3 Lassos; gold, silver, bronze. Superwoman's is just the gold variation of earth 3.

Spectacular Member

I prefer a whip for superwoman,as a instrument of pain and coercion,I think It suits her "evil wonder woman" character more

Quote Originally Posted by Access View Post
    I prefer a whip for superwoman,as a instrument of pain and coercion,I think It suits her "evil wonder woman" character more
    But Diana uses her lasso as a whip as well... at least Superwoman has it basically look like barbed wire.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

New52 Earth 2 Fury used her "corrupted" (idk if it was but it was red so....) as a whip which was nice

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    New52 Earth 2 Fury used her "corrupted" (idk if it was but it was red so....) as a whip which was nice
    OK, so this must be from where I remembered a Red Lasso! This makes 5 Magic Lassos!

I mean... we have the "Silent Armor" lasso too

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Then it makes the other lassos poor replicas of the original one, instead of highliting the unique qualities of the characters.

I assume the point of having several lassos is to visually connect these characters to Diana, but there are so many other ways to do that
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    They already are poor replicas of the original. They just have some qualities that stand out but arent nearly as popular. It's just like Batman having a million sidekicks, they're all offshoots of him more or less but take different portions of who he is.
    I don't understand why we're here if it's not to grow the brand and make more people Wonder Woman fans. I also don't get why so many think small or are overprotective of Diana's place in the lore, to the extent they resist strengthening the Wonderverse.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Sidekicks exist to support the hero and carry their legacy and iconography where the hero can’t go. Hence multiple lassos. Wonder Woman can't be on every superhero team, but we can have Donna in Titans, Cassie in Young Justice, Artemis an Outsider. Yara in Future State, it only makes Wonder Woman bigger.

For those saying there should be only one lasso, the ship has already sailed on that. You’re trying to lock the barn door after the horse has escaped. I'm all for examining the psychological aspects of truth and it's ramifications on the individual encircled and society as a whole, but there are other stories to be told as well that don't involve truth.

Cassie's lightning lasso providing an intersection between anger, violence and pain is potentially as interesting as any story told about the Golden Perfect. The same could be said about the nature of persuasion and submission and the moral implications and their consequences. There's room enough for all the sidekicks and all the lassos, go big or go home.

I voted one with the understanding that we are talking about one unique one with the Golden Perfect's origin.

LASSO WW1.jpg

LASSO WW55.jpg

Very similar and worthy of discussion.